Promotion or Tories Out? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Promotion or Tories Out?

I'm not sure what I expected. But i expected better than this. I expect people wanting to look out for each other, wanting to help those less fortunate, wanting to save the NHS from being sold off, If you think that can happen under the Tories you are mistaken.

if you don't want that, there's something wrong with you.

are you actually serious? You actually want racist pro remainer Boris as PM? :lol:

yes Boris is a very serious and competent politician
View attachment 35859

Corbyn had an expensive education which included a private prep and grammar school, an anathema no doubt to you - I think I'd call that privileged.

He finished college with 2 E's at A' level, nothing wrong with that perhaps but no doubt his parents were somewhat disappointed at throwing so much cash down the karzi to little effect.

Racist? Kettle, black - Ever heard of the rise of anti-Semitism which St. Jezza has presided over in the Labour party? His support of an openly anti-Semitic mural which he failed to "look" at properly? Or attending a memorial event for one of the organisers of the 1974 Munich massacre where he laid a wreath but didn't "participate"? Or where he wrote a forward to a new edition of a deeply anti-Semitic 19th century book which he didn't "read"? That's just for starters - Do me a favour, I think I know which one of Johnson and Corbyn is the racist.

Haha privileged?! Boris went
Haha privileged?! Boris went to Eton! He's worked for decades against people like Boris buying their way through life.

to Eton! He's worked for decades against people like Boris buying their way through life.

Yes, Johnson is privileged but he does not deny it, unlike your hero St. Jezza - Yeah, a real salt of the earth bloke is Jeremy.

"Worked for decades"? How exactly? What has he achieved? What has he done for his constituents in Islington North? I'd hazard a guess at absolutely sod all. He's made a very good living out of existing on the fringes of politics, a professional protester who snipes from the side lines, never made a decision in his life.

I'm not sure what I expected. But i expected better than this. I expect people wanting to look out for each other, wanting to help those less fortunate, wanting to save the NHS from being sold off, If you think that can happen under the Tories you are mistaken.

Are you ignoring the fact that the government are pouring £20 Billion into the NHS? Of course everyone wants to save it, but it needs restructuring. Its a bottomless pit and is not sustainable in it present form.
5 years of a Corbyn/McDonnell run government would decimate our economy. We would be bankrupt before the end of the term and it would take decades to recover!
The fact that a large a majority of Labour MP's don't want Comrade Jezza in charge and never did is a pretty good indication!!!

Derby forum is almost exclusively legal experts and it turns out ours is full of economists and political scientists. Obviously nobody is just parroting BS that's been fed to them.

I have an economics qualification but I have a whole lifetime's worth of experience in BS.

i very much support the concept of treatment and support being given according to need however your argument about selling NHS and a different party saving the NHS is over simplistic. When the NHS was set up by Bevan treatments for heart bypass and immunotherapy were basic. Today to treat someone for lymphoma can cost upwards of £1m. Yes the country needs to pay a larger % of GDP for healthcare and related social care but a debate needs to be had as to what we are willing to pay for. Demand will always exceed supply. Putting 1% on tax is sticking plaster. It is above party politics and certainly above the capacity of this bunch of bickering morons. Makes Vital look sophisticated.

Interesting question which unfortunately muddied with the current Brexit sword of Damocles hanging over the country still.
From the information I have read, Watnall Red makes good points. Corbyn beliefs are at odds from his education and he probably underperformed at school. He has held positions involved with trade unions or government all his life. Generally positions where there is job security and ring fenced pensions.
Many in this country would love to have that long term security.
There are worries from both parties. During the boom years Labour spent (misspent) heavily when income was high and during the recession spending by the Conservatives had to be brought back.
Brexit has had an effect on the economy and depending on the outcome, may continue to do so for many years. If you look at the split of voting, unfortunately it will probably have the greatest impact on those areas who voted for Brexit.
So Tories out or forest promotion? Life is never black and white so I'll give my perfect scenario.
We need to stay in Europe, but instead of leaving lets address our issues with them. If peoples biggest bug bear is immigration, lets sort that (maybe easier said than done but better than Brexit).
We also need to provide additional funds to the public sector, predominantly the NHS, Police and education. My experience is some of the other government sectors are poorly managed, particularly at local and county council level.
And Forest to get promoted!!

As someone who has voted Labour for nearly 40 years, labour is not the middle ground. They are a bunch of Marxists, not even backed by the bulk of their own MPs. Nationalise £200 billion pounds worth of utilities etc, give shares to workers, higher wages that will cause unemployment, strengthen Unions etc. The sooner Corbyn etc go and they get some moderates back the better.

how the hell do you know them things happen? youre just brainwashed.
We can only deal with facts, the current system is unfair and corrupt and needs major changes. I dont care if people label things communist, marxist or liberal or whatever, they are just labels and any regime has valid arguments, it just depends how it is actually implemented. Moderate simply means no changes, as we havent had since my childhood with all parties dancing to the same financial tune. Give me a Corbyn over a moderate any day of the week, whichever side of the fence your politics are

so they should too. sht jobs should get more money, cushy jobs less. shovel shit for 20 an hour or make videos for 10 an hour. Then theres job satisfaction on both sides

yes and in turn drive up all their prices. why did he promise 10 pound min wage to everybody else the other day. hes just a clown.

how the hell do you know them things happen? youre just brainwashed.
We can only deal with facts, the current system is unfair and corrupt and needs major changes. I dont care if people label things communist, marxist or liberal or whatever, they are just labels and any regime has valid arguments, it just depends how it is actually implemented. Moderate simply means no changes, as we havent had since my childhood with all parties dancing to the same financial tune. Give me a Corbyn over a moderate any day of the week, whichever side of the fence your politics are

Have they changed their policies then, or was I brainwashed by the 2017 Labour manifesto !? Haven't they also said this time they will make it almost impossible to run a private (public !) school, and also the right to buy for tenants in privately owned property ?

no manifesto's have been released yet. its all sound bites until then to gain popularity for the those that like that kind of politics. I'll say no more on that.