Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs | Page 12 | Vital Football

Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs

Thing is if we play lone striker then they absolutely have to run the channels and create space, chase balls down and press their defence

I don’t think Grabban wants to do that

So do we play to his strengths or do we get someone who can do the hard yards

What's happening with regard to Pants ?

I'm trying hard to keep faith with our owner but it's proving to be a losing battle. I understand about behind the scenes activity but on the pitch it's a different matter. The impression I got from yesterday is that our players heads dropped far too quickly, didn't see the game so could be wrong, hope I am.

Until we can put the ball in the oppositions net we're going to be in trouble.

Didn't Clough and Taylor sign their own players ? Seemed to work well for them.

I haven't lost hope yet but it's a bit of a worry.

The most surprising thing is that people seem genuinely surprised .....

I know it’s all about opinions and of course everyone thinks their opinion is the right one me included it’s human nature... however ......

Hire and fire manager merry go round mentality
Enough players to field 3 shite teams a week
Unproven manager
Terrible squad
Terrible transfer window
Aimless recruitment “ policy “
Only 2 players who anyone would seriously class as being close to good enough look like they would rather be anywhere else
Total lack of investment
Rubbish pre season

Hand on heart anyone seriously think we were gonna challenge anywhere near the top ??

When was the last time we lost at home on the first day?

I've been going to all the games since 98 and I'm pretty sure it's never happened in my time.

Old boy near to me thought the last time was '89. Can anyone verify that?

Why on earth do people think West Brom are a good team?

They have lost their top three goalscorers. They scored 87- the scorers of 54 of those goals are no longer at the club. Their big signing, Zahore, has a career best of 12 goals in a promotion winning side.

They are a shadow of the team from last season and I will be amazed if they get near the top six this season.

They are a standard Championship side, pretty average with 2-3 really good players. Same as us.

If we put a competent keeper in the sticks you wouldn't be able to separate the two sides as they barely created anything either.

Think you will see Westbrom top 6. They aren’t the finished article but they are a top 6 team. Accordingly given where we have been historically, it’s not too much of a push to see why they beat us. They’ve got better players. My point is, we did decently against a better team and if it were not for a young boy on debut making a mistake we would I think have drawn. We did ok and unlike others I’m not too deflated

On yesterday’s showing my big concern was Grabban.

In my opinion the team will never do anything until we get a striker who is prepared to put the graft in if you look at Grabban's attributes he is pretty average at most things but outstanding at none. He isn't a target man, he doesn't have electric pace, not weak, but doesn't have the strength to dominate championship centre backs, and is too easily dominated by them, not outstanding in the air, I'm sure he could but doesn't seem prepared to run the channels, if we are going to have the high pressing game SL talks about (didn't see much evidence of it yesterday) then alot of the onus is on the forward players but Grabban just seems to jog about. Must be replaced before we can progress.

Think you will see Westbrook top 6. They aren’t the finished article but they are a top 6 team. Accordingly given where we have been historically, it’s not too much of a push to see why they beat us. They’ve got better players. My point is, we did decently against a better team and if it were not for a young boy on debut making a mistake we would I think have drawn. We did ok and unlike others I’m not too deflated

On yesterday’s showing my big concern was Grabban.
Do you fancy supplying some evidence?

They have lost the sources or 62% of last season's goals. If Zahore manages to equal what he scored in a promotion winning season at Cardiff, he will replace only 20% of those.

The only difference between the two sides was the goalkeeper, and that makes me feel better. We created nothing, which shows we haven't progressed. They created nothing, which shows how they have regressed. They looked solid because of their 2-3 great players, two are defenders. Part of our problem IMO was the confidence draining from the side because rhey didn't trust the keeper.

Eventually Muric is either going to get a hell of a lot better or we are going to take any financial penalty coming our way and drop him. Either way, we will at least level the playing field (yesterday felt like playing with a hand tied behind our back because no one has any trust in Muric).

Please don't wax lyrical about West Brom. They are nothing special.

But it could be worse. We lost to West Brom because of our goalkeeper. Stoke lost to QPR at home fair and square by just not being good enough

They have lost the sources or 62% of last season's goals. If Zahore manages to equal what he scored in a promotion winning season at Cardiff, he will replace only 20% of those.

The only difference between the two sides was the goalkeeper, and that makes me feel better. We created nothing, which shows we haven't progressed. They created nothing, which shows how they have regressed. They looked solid because of their 2-3 great players, two are defenders. Part of our problem IMO was the confidence draining from the side because rhey didn't trust the keeper.

Eventually Muric is either going to get a hell of a lot better or we are going to take any financial penalty coming our way and drop him. Either way, we will at least level the playing field (yesterday felt like playing with a hand tied behind our back because no one has any trust in Muric).

But it could be worse. We lost to West Brom because of our goalkeeper. Stoke lost to QPR at home fair and square by just not being good enough

I agree with you about Muric in general, but we didn’t just lose that because of him. Their midfield completely dominated ours, that’s why we lost the game overall. They broke up our play and prevented us from creating anything, after that first ten minutes. Their midfield was miles better.
However, I do agree that they are nothing special and I’ll be surprised if they get promoted this season, based on that performance. But nothing special was still better than us unfortunately.

I'm as dissapointed as anyone but ffs it's 1 game, nothing is won or lost after 1 game.

Looking at some of these comments it seems some expect to win every game or we're going down as we lost 1 game 2-1

People on here make me laugh, bigging themselves up like they could do better than the coach, this players crap that players shite" I knew he would be". "Why isn't so and so playing as he's better" give your heads a wobble.

No one can judge anything after a single competitive game with any kind of reasoning.

Judge after 10 games as it's a waste of time doing it any earlier.

I'm as dissapointed as anyone but ffs it's 1 game, nothing is won or lost after 1 game.

Looking at some of these comments it seems some expect to win every game or we're going down as we lost 1 game 2-1

People on here make me laugh, bigging themselves up like they could do better than the coach, this players crap that players shite" I knew he would be". "Why isn't so and so playing as he's better" give your heads a wobble.

No one can judge anything after a single competitive game with any kind of reasoning.

Judge after 10 games as it's a waste of time doing it any earlier.

So everyone knows nothing and needs to give their head a wobble

But you know for a fact that after 10 games is the time to form a opinion

???? surely even you can see the contradiction ???? joker

So everyone knows nothing and needs to give their head a wobble

But you know for a fact that after 10 games is the time to form a opinion

???? surely even you can see the contradiction ???? joker

No he’s absolutely right. Not saying people can’t have an opinion on transfer business or even concede we don’t have enough to do well. However nobody can categorically rule us out of anything after 1 game.

We lost 1-0 to Burnley in 2010-11 on opening day having only signed Ryan Bertrand in the summer - we went on to make the play offs. Not saying that’s there for what we’ll do, but it’s absolute madness to dismiss us after a game!

They came fourth last year and have done consistently decently. As as I said ,they are not the finished article but they are better than us. Smith missed most of last season and a couple more strikers and they could easily go up automatically. They are very solid team with great potential. I think they are a better side in general without Muric blunder but we could have got a draw..which would have been a very good result. Player for player is there anyone of our players that would get into their team ? Maybe lolley at a push

They came fourth last year and have done consistently decently. As as I said ,they are not the finished article but they are better than us. Smith missed most of last season and a couple more strikers and they could easily go up automatically. They are very solid team with great potential. I think they are a better side in general without Muric blunder but we could have got a draw..which would have been a very good result. Player for player is there anyone of our players that would get into their team ? Maybe lolley at a push
4th last year means nothing to a club that has lost the source of 62% of their goals and their best three players. Comparison is utter nonsense.

I agree with you that they are solid. That is as far as I can agree.

If it makes you feel better to say they are a great team, feel free. I would take their fullbacks and I would take any goalkeeper in the world over the Muric we saw yesterday. That's about it. I think we could get better than Zahore for a fraction of the price with any competent scouting. But that's the problem

No he’s absolutely right. Not saying people can’t have an opinion on transfer business or even concede we don’t have enough to do well. However nobody can categorically rule us out of anything after 1 game.

We lost 1-0 to Burnley in 2010-11 on opening day having only signed Ryan Bertrand in the summer - we went on to make the play offs. Not saying that’s there for what we’ll do, but it’s absolute madness to dismiss us after a game!
We had finished third the season before and retained almost all of the players that had got us there. Burnley had just been relegated as well. Not a great comparison

Better comparison would be the first home game against West Brom where we battered them 0-1. But we looked good in that game...

Must admit although the game was on in the bar i was in i hardly saw any of the game as i met up with old football pals i hadn't seen in nearly 30 years.
Was it poor ?
I did see the goals and thought Muric could have done a lot better.

Spent all night moaning that i'd lost my phone and asking people to keep an eye out for it.
Woke up this morning and it was sat on the bedside table in hotel , i hadn't even taken it out.:slap:

4th last year means nothing to a club that has lost the source of 62% of their goals and their best three players. Comparison is utter nonsense.

I agree with you that they are solid. That is as far as I can agree.

If it makes you feel better to say they are a great team, feel free. I would take their fullbacks and I would take any goalkeeper in the world over the Muric we saw yesterday. That's about it. I think we could get better than Zahore for a fraction of the price with any competent scouting. But that's the problem

You didn’t answer my question.

They are a very strong team for this division. They need to add a couple of strikers. It was a very solid away performance and they will be there or thereabouts. Some people think we’ve done terribly because they are nothing special but I think this irrational. Player for player yesterday they had a better team. if we were going to lose to a team at the cg first day of season, this was a very real possibility. If anything, I would say if we play like westbrom we will have a good chance at the playoffs. The fact we couldn’t is at best an indicator that we are not quite there yet. They are a useful barometer of a playoff team.

You didn’t answer my question.

They are a very strong team for this division. They need to add a couple of strikers. It was a very solid away performance and they will be there or thereabouts. Some people think we’ve done terribly because they are nothing special but I think this irrational. Player for player yesterday they had a better team. if we were going to lose to a team at the cg first day of season, this was a very real possibility. If anything, I would say if we play like westbrom we will have a good chance at the playoffs. The fact we couldn’t is at best an indicator that we are not quite there yet. They are a useful barometer of a playoff team.
I did answer your question, just the other way round. I said which of their players I would take.

I suspect they would be delighted to get Lolley, would snap up Grabban as they dont have a goalscorer and would have at least one of our centre halves.

Not many others in fairness, but as I said- I think we and west Brom are much of a muchness . If you combined both teams I'm still not convinced you would have a comfortable top six side