Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs | Page 11 | Vital Football

Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs

Agree with the manager we were brilliant for the first fifteen minutes, it’s the other seventy five minutes that bothered me. WBA looked like the top six side that they are and we looked like a team of headless chickens. Was Grabban on the pitch? Early days yet but I think we all know that this won’t end well, getting a new arsehole ripped at Leeds next week won’t help either!

It’s montanier part 2 at best ......

Personally unless we sign and sign big in the next few days relegation isn’t out of the question it’s a really really poor squad with a rudderless management style it’s a recipe for disaster

Lolley looks like he’s got one eye on villa and on that showing I would cash in

Grabban looks like he’s rather be anywhere than forest ...the feelings mutual

The rest are just meh and the tactics were all over the place I would sadly imagine by xmas you will be able to walk across the Trent on discarded season passes ....

This is yet another of those unexplainable situations where we, the fans, much criticised, an see the writing on the wall clearer than those in charge:

1. Muric is much less safe than Pantillimon. He also made goal giving errors in pre season.
2. Matty Cash is not a right back. We said that if played there WBA would target his side and gain an advantage. They did.
3. Milosovic was our best central defender at the end of last season and now not in the squad. Why?
4. Watson is past it at this level. We all know that.
5. Grabban has lost interest. Thats obvious. Theres a reason why hes already played for 13 clubs. He gets bored then gets mardy then gets sold.
6. Sorry to say this but Worrall is an accident waiting to happen every game. Shouldnt be in there over Milosovic.
7. We so obviously need Colback or similar to Colback. Watson is no Colback any more.

That team that played yesterday is worse than the team that ended last season. If we ontinue like that It ll be relegation we re fighting not promotion.

I was disappointed but I’m not totally deflated because it was the type of performance I expected at this stage of the season with half a team and most of them are new and settling in.
Make no mistake WBA will be top six this year under Bilic. True, they have new players but their striker was £8m whilst our signing has played 2 championship games ever. So we have our benchmark.

We are a work in process and hopefully 4/5 new players to come. All the missing links we can see are there for the club to see as well, remember.

Well done to Watson- but presumably he is seen as back up longer term and that why Sow has been bought.

We need two strikers.

I still think we lack pace all over. WBA looked quicker and stronger in the final third.

We needed a right back, they are looking for one and then Darikwa gets injured. We still need one, but maybe two now.

So here’s my point.
It’s bloody bad luck and not the club’s fault Darikwa got injured but it is the club’s fault (or circumstances generally) that we haven’t got all the jigsaw in place sooner. Blame the African nations cup ( zeffane?) Blame the championship starting before the premiership transfer dominos start toppling. Blame agents. Blame whoever but it is a fact the club brought in a new manager with a totally different style of play but didn’t provide him with the tools he needed n time for the start of the season.

Players will come in. We will improve.
But will we be close enough after 10 games when the team might realistically start to gel.... or will the ‘Marinaxe’ fall again before Christmas?

We all saw enough yesterday to know that Lamouchi is as good as doomed.

That's not a value judgement or a call for the managers head. It is still too early to form an opinion on him.

But it feels like there is absolutely no way that Lamouchi could get the squad he has been given into a position that will allow him to keep his job.

The question is whether Marinakis will chop half way through the season as usual or at the end of the season. But he will chop, because no one could possibly get what Marinakis wants, in the timescale he wants, with what has been provided

Person I was with yesterday said they couldn't even remember half the players names. I said it wasn't worth bothering to learn them as they'll be gone soon enough.

This is yet another of those unexplainable situations where we, the fans, much criticised, an see the writing on the wall clearer than those in charge:

1. Muric is much less safe than Pantillimon. He also made goal giving errors in pre season.
2. Matty Cash is not a right back. We said that if played there WBA would target his side and gain an advantage. They did.
3. Milosovic was our best central defender at the end of last season and now not in the squad. Why?
5. Grabban has lost interest. Thats obvious. Theres a reason why hes already played for 13 clubs. He gets bored then gets mardy then gets sold.
6. Sorry to say this but Worrall is an accident waiting to happen every game. Shouldnt be in there over Milosovic.
7. We so obviously need Colback or similar to Colback. Watson is no Colback any more.

That team that played yesterday is worse than the team that ended last season. If we ontinue like that It ll be relegation we re fighting not promotion.

But there have been as many calling for worrall to play as Milosevic
Worrall needs a chance to learn. He is the future (possibly) whereas milo and Dawson aren’t. Dawson is better than milo so he doesn’t play. I don’t have a problem with that but I do think he should have been on the bench before figgy - but he is a different type of player so maybe SL wanted him there for options?

Last edited:

Without some massive signings ( hasn’t happened. So far and I don’t See any reason to believe that will change ) we are gonna be in a relegation dog fight

Does this league have worse teams than us ?

Yes

Do most of the teams worse than us show desire when the chips are down ?

Yes

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think we will go down but unless there are big changes and some serious money spent we will be focusing our attention at the wrong end of the table

We all saw enough yesterday to know that Lamouchi is as good as doomed.

That's not a value judgement or a call for the managers head. It is still too early to form an opinion on him.

But it feels like there is absolutely no way that Lamouchi could get the squad he has been given into a position that will allow him to keep his job.

The question is whether Marinakis will chop half way through the season as usual or at the end of the season. But he will chop, because no one could possibly get what Marinakis wants, in the timescale he wants, with what has been provided

Person I was with yesterday said they couldn't even remember half the players names. I said it wasn't worth bothering to learn them as they'll be gone soon enough.

He’s been a dead man walking since it became apparent that marinakis is trying to get promotion on a shoestring ....

Sadly for him it’s not Greece and he can’t bully his way to top by buying half the community torching a few bakeries and assembling a bang average squad of mendes cast ofs

It’s gonna take some serious cash which he’s seems very reluctant to spend which is fine that’s his prerogative but stop
Spouting shite about making forest bigger than Olympiacos ( wow wee) and being “ back where we belong “ ?????

Fawaz Mark 2
Montanier Mark 2
Are you serious about promotion Mark 2
Its like Groundhog Day

Leeds could easily have either Gayle or Vydra in their side by the time we play them.

It is usually a tough hunting ground and was always likely to be extremely tough no matter how we played.

If Muric is going to make another fuck up then I hope it's at Leeds, simply as it is unlikely to make any different to the result

I thought semedo was very decent, Grabban totally uninterested and the outfield players just ok. Muric had a nightmare but guardiola thinks he is top drawer. He had a bad game. Let’s see next week

And as a separate point, Westbrom are a very good team. Recently prem. sawyers, Smith , Ferguson very good. Losing this game is not unexpected outcome. The manner of the defeat is I think what’s getting to people and I put that down to one big mistake and a total fluke.

I doubt very much that we will have top drawer quality coming in this week. But if the McKenna bloke was one of them , put the money into a right back and a striker instead . We don’t need another central defender.

Looks like Pope might be right about Muric. I wanted Pants replaced, but now Muric makes Pants look like Shilton.

I wouldn’t normally write a team or players off so quickly, but if we are going to be relying on thaT eleven for the rest of the season, then at best we are looking at lower mid table.
We would need 3/4 quality signings, and I mean quality, which means spending money, which this window I don’t think we are prepared to do. If you swap Silva for Carvalho, Geddy for Watson and Sow for Semedo, we might, just might challenge for sixth place, but that is a big might and also assuming that Geddy stays and Sow is any good, which is doubtful.
Both fullbacks need replacing. Cash pushed further forward.
Another top draw striker, though in all honesty I don’t think Grabban quite deserves the criticism aimed at him. He was totally isolated for much of the game and starved of service. I thought he did work hard, and did work the work the channels and hold the ball up.
Personally I thought West Brom looked pretty average, don’t see them as promotion contenders.
I don’t mind so much losing a game, it happens, even to the best teams, but it’s how we lost that bothers me. Watching that performance and some of those players, completely crushed any hope I had for the season. That’s never happened to me before. But I would defy anyone to make a case for promotion, based on that team. For me, that hope has gone already, unless some major changes happen this week.

I wouldn’t normally write a team or players off so quickly, but if we are going to be relying on thaT eleven for the rest of the season, then at best we are looking at lower mid table.
We would need 3/4 quality signings, and I mean quality, which means spending money, which this window I don’t think we are prepared to do. If you swap Silva for Carvalho, Geddy for Watson and Sow for Semedo, we might, just might challenge for sixth place, but that is a big might and also assuming that Geddy stays and Sow is any good, which is doubtful.
Both fullbacks need replacing. Cash pushed further forward.
Another top draw striker, though in all honesty I don’t think Grabban quite deserves the criticism aimed at him. He was totally isolated for much of the game and starved of service. I thought he did work hard, and did work the work the channels and hold the ball up.
Personally I thought West Brom looked pretty average, don’t see them as promotion contenders.
I don’t mind so much losing a game, it happens, even to the best teams, but it’s how we lost that bothers me. Watching that performance and some of those players, completely crushed any hope I had for the season. That’s never happened to me before. But I would defy anyone to make a case for promotion, based on that team. For me, that hope has gone already, unless some major changes happen this week.

Sadly I agree

No big signings coming either which is depressing

Reasons

Marinakis clearly isn’t prepared to spend any decent money

No one of any quality especially strikers who are in short supply would come to this car crash of a club it’s career suicide

I thought semedo was very decent, Grabban totally uninterested and the outfield players just ok. Muric had a nightmare but guardiola thinks he is top drawer. He had a bad game. Let’s see next week

And as a separate point, Westbrom are a very good team. Recently prem. sawyers, Smith , Ferguson very good. Losing this game is not unexpected outcome. The manner of the defeat is I think what’s getting to people and I put that down to one big mistake and a total fluke.

I doubt very much that we will have top drawer quality coming in this week. But if the McKenna bloke was one of them , put the money into a right back and a striker instead . We don’t need another central defender.
Why on earth do people think West Brom are a good team?

They have lost their top three goalscorers. They scored 87- the scorers of 54 of those goals are no longer at the club. Their big signing, Zahore, has a career best of 12 goals in a promotion winning side.

They are a shadow of the team from last season and I will be amazed if they get near the top six this season.

They are a standard Championship side, pretty average with 2-3 really good players. Same as us.

If we put a competent keeper in the sticks you wouldn't be able to separate the two sides as they barely created anything either.

We aren't going up so there is no point us losing points and games to develop Man City's prospect. It was always a stupid idea and he is clearly so far behind in his development that any 'help' he gives will be negligible and come at ridiculous cost.

I found myself agreeing with pretty much everything you said until that highlighted bit. It isn't a stupid idea, it's actually a good idea. Get a Prem quality goalkeeper in who is appreciably better than what we've got and who can potentially win us points or stop us losing points.

It's a good idea but it looks like weve picked the wrong keeper!

Why on earth do people think West Brom are a good team?

They have lost their top three goalscorers. They scored 87- the scorers of 54 of those goals are no longer at the club. Their big signing, Zahore, has a career best of 12 goals in a promotion winning side.

They are a shadow of the team from last season and I will be amazed if they get near the top six this season.

They are a standard Championship side, pretty average with 2-3 really good players. Same as us.

If we put a competent keeper in the sticks you wouldn't be able to separate the two sides as they barely created anything either.

Yep which makes the “ performance “ yesterday all the more depressing

They looked average and despite that I still felt they had gears of tbey needed em but against a clueless pedestrian forest side they didn’t ....

I found myself agreeing with pretty much everything you said until that highlighted bit. It isn't a stupid idea, it's actually a good idea. Get a Prem quality goalkeeper in who is appreciably better than what we've got and who can potentially win us points or stop us losing points.

It's a good idea but it looks like weve picked the wrong keeper!

But in that position you need the finished article, not a project for a season. That is the point I was making