Unfunny Comedians | Page 4 | Vital Football

Unfunny Comedians

Wayne here’s one for you ....
Teacher asks the class ‘what they wanna be when they grow up ‘?
Little Johnny says ... ‘ I wanna be a billionaire, go to expensive clubs and find me a bitch there, buy her a multimillion pound apartment in Vegas and a Farari to drive up the strip in.il buy her a beach front house in Malibu an expensive jet and jewellery and screw her 3/5 times per day !”
The teacher was at a total loss of words at what to say or do .. so she just continued to proceed ...
“Susie what would you like to do when you grow up ?”
Susie .... “ I wanna be Johnny’s bitch “?

Jimmy Carr is shit. I can’t watch 8 out of 10 cats as his laugh ruins the genuinely funny bits from other comedians.

Jimmy Carr was presenting awards at a Gala dinner I was at a few years back and he was hilarious. No religion, belief or politics was left untouched and he slaughtered everyone in equal measures. Totally un PC and completely over the top in comparison to Cats, which is a bit lame I have to agree. But as a compere he was superb.

No probably because Russell Brand is unfunny and a twat ( personal ob only) although Chris Who may disagree and Buddha will be massively outraged.
I await....
Well it was the fact he didnt comment on the blokes comedy, just seemed to comment on their appearances, as if that had anything to do with their comedy ability.

Keith Lemon, absolute gash. Like "Last of the summer wine". Should have been a one off episode but turns out the same peurile shit year after year.
Mrs Brown's boys - shouldn't have even got one episode.

Saw Tommy Cooper in 1969, genius. Did one trick that lasted one hour (somehow). Don't know how he did it but kept me laughing all the way through.

Comedians (stand up wise) I can't stand:

Harry Hill
Russell Howard
Sarah Millican
+ some of the more recent 'up and coming' comedians i've seen make the odd appearance on chat shows.

Used to dislike Frankie Boyle, but after watching his series for the BBC before the WC in Russia last year, and his recent New World Order, i've grown to appreciate his humour more.

Being a bit of a comedy buff, I like to think I have a very broad sense of humour, and so I can usually appreciate/laugh at most comedians old and new.

Favourites that stand out for me (varied reasons) are:
Ricky Gervais
Bill Bailey
Dylan Moran
Al Murray
Peter Kay
Micky Flanagan
Joe Lycett
Russell Brand
Lee Evans
Henning Wehn
Romesh Rang.
Saun Lock
Jasper Carrot
Chris Rock
Jethro
Mike Reid
Spike Milligan
Henry Cooper

Although the funniest comedian I have ever witnessed live, and I have seen a lot of stand up over the years, is a bit of an unknown quantity i'd say - Phil Nichols. Anyone else on here heard of/seen him live?
He's a Canadian comedian who is a bit hyperactive (to say the least!).
I see him at the Comedy Store in Leicester square about 5 years ago (he was the main act) and my mates and I were in hysterics from start to finish. One of my mates laughed so hard he almost threw up haha.

Speaking to my older brothers (now in their 60's), the finniest stand up performance they ever witnessed was Michael Barrymore. Apparently he was top notch in his younger years before his carer went Pete Tong. Anyone else seen him live back in the day on here?

Last edited:
Btw, i'm with the majority on Keith Lemon and Mrs Browns Boys.

I liked Bo Selecta, but could never get on with Celebrity Juice.

And Mrs Brown Boys, well, what an absolute load of cringeworthy nonsensical rubbish! My late mum used to watch it religiously (in fact, that was pretty much the only comedy she did watch). The most basic of humour for the most simple minded of folk, is probably the politest way I can think of putting it!

Awful: Michael McIntyre, Alan Carr, Sarah Millican (always talking about penis.....perhaps envy!). Most female comedians are poor, possible exception Kathy Ryan who takes the p**s out of Cheryl Cole very well.
Best: Micky Flanagan when he did the 'Out Out' shows with quite surprisingly clean sket

I saw Bridget Christie live: really good. The fragile snowflake sexist men on this site won't like her though as she's one of those "feminists'.

Also really like Mickey Flannagan.

Brand is boring and irritating now.

Very funny:

Stewart Francis
Tim Vine
Greg Davies
Milton Jones
Julian Clary
Gary Delaney (Sarah Milican's husband)
Frank Skinner
Hal Cruttenden
James Acaster
Keith Harris & Orville (adult version show at Butlins)

Unfunny:

Roy Chubby Brown
Frankie Boyle

Saw Tommy Cooper in 1969, genius. Did one trick that lasted one hour (somehow). Don't know how he did it but kept me laughing all the way through.

Finally, a comic genius mentioned on here.

Legend and extremely funny without ever having to pop at anyone or anything except himself. Didn’t even have to say anything. Would be hilarious drinking a cup of tea.

Rowan Atkinson (in his Mr Bean persona and earlier) was another one. You don’t have to be controversial or outrageous to be funny. Just funny.

People really do need to get out a lot, lot more. Not one mention of Max Wall, Ken Dodd or Les Dawson and many of you are old enough to know better.

People really do need to get out a lot, lot more. Not one mention of Max Wall, Ken Dodd or Les Dawson and many of you are old enough to know better.
Max Wall and Ken Dodd are excellent shouts, but Len Dawson was funny (in parts).

Current unfunny comedians - 20th person to say Russell Brand. Russell Howard I just want to punch.

Last edited:

I’ll grant you Ken Dodd. Another comedic genius.
And a brilliant student of comedy too. One of Parky’s best interviews was with Ken talking about the art and history of comedy. He should have a Masters degree that guy.

When did Corden ever claim to be a Comedian?

Me thinks some of you confuse comic actors with Comedians

Ronnie Barker was hilarious a genius of comedy but he wasn't a Comedian that was Corbett.

Hugh Lawrie rowan Atkinson one of the best comedy pairings ever of modern times but neither is a comedian.

Gervais is up himself when he is isn't being pretentious he is good but these days he believes his own PR so you rarely get anything that is of his former quality.

The big yin now there is a master of stand up.

Comedians come in two sorts IMHO people who are naturally funny (very rare and the true masters of stand up) and people who say funny things.

Far too many of todays comedians fall into the latter category.

Tommy Cooper (not only a great comedian but also one of the finest close up magicians you will ever see)
Ken Dodd
Eric Morecambe

true geniuses of comedy. Could make you laugh just by standing there. I saw all three live as well as Connolly no one today has ever made me laugh so much that I hurt at the end of the show.

Of the current crop Milton Jones stands out but doubt his material would survive a TV series on his own. Lee Evans played his hand well but again knew over exposure on telly would be his downfall.

Jimmy Carr is another who has shown he can do good stuff consistently.

I did love Reeves and Mortimer but the simple fact is they earn too much money now and self indulgence is the crime almost all of the modern crowd have a problem with.

Gervais being the prime exponent of it. The art of lying could have been one of the most vicious anti religious films ever made but he sold out and made it mainstream and lost the message.

For me the jury is still out on Romesh Raganathan, Rob Beckett and that little cabal of stand ups that get all the TV work currently.

As for for female comedians always been very few and far between and no one is anywhere near as good as Joan Rivers or shown any likelihood they will be.

The big yin is the last of the greats no one around today can hold a candle to him.

The crap that is hand out as sitcom these days is testament to how bad comedy is at the moment. Jeez, Terry and June was funnier than most of it today and that was appalling.

A lot of the current crop come under the same category as Cannon and Ball you wonder how they had got where they got because they give you nothing original just a pale impersonation of others.