Unfunny Comedians | Vital Football

Unfunny Comedians

Agree on Keith Lemon and Russell Howard, awful. Alan Carr and Josh Widdecombe irritate me immensely.

Bill Hicks, Jim Jefferies and Doug Stanhope are my kings of comedy.

Jesus, how long have you got?! Strictly stand-up performances and presenting:

Al Murray
Lee Mack
Michael McIntyre
Ricky Gervais
Any female one (Katherine Ryan is half likeable I suppose)
Bonus points for Sarah Millican

Harry Hill. Makes my skin crawl.
Took my daughter and some of her friends to see him record one of his kids tv shows and on the breaks between recording he came out to the parents waiting area and did some of his adult stuff. He was f***ing hilarious, had us all in stitches.
I'm like you and find his tv stuff a bit repetitive but I'd love to see an adult stand up set.
There aren't many comedians I can say I hate, I'm a bit of a kid and find most things funny, especially dark or shocking stuff like Carr or Frankie Boyle. Also a massive fan of Monkhouse but always find Alan Carr very unfunny and can't stand Russell Brand (is he even a comedian?????)

Alan Carr is unfunny himself, but makes a perfect target for anyone with an ounce of humour. That sounds terrible, I know. Russell Brand I didn’t bother include, that’s no way stand-up.

I love a good offensive joke as long as it doesn’t feel like it’s been inserted from thin air just for shock value. That’s why some of what Frankie Boyle does is great, and the rest of it is shit. Jimmy Carr’s ok but nothing special IMO.

There are some who I’ve been disappointed with when I’ve seen them over the last few years, compared to previous. Personal reasons, ran out of material? The likes of Rhod Gilbert, Jack Dee, Kevin Bridges.

Yeah, I judge comedians the same way as footballers. Longevity is key. If you can still be funny and original after 30 odd years then you've cracked it IMO. Hence Monkhouse being one of my favourites. Too many fly by nights around at the moment

That berk from Mrs Brown’s Boys. Whoever commissioned that garbage needs a stern talking to.

I’ve seen Micky Flanagan a couple of times and he was great- might be because I find all of his material relatable

My wife likes Michael McIntyre because “he doesn’t need to use words like F*** and C*** to get a laugh”.

Saw Alan Carr over ten years ago in Canterbury, crap. He spent the whole time slating the county off the back of his dad’s association with the area though football

Alan Carr (no, we don't hate you because you're gay, it's because you're crap), Russell Brand, Josh Widdecombe (started off OK but is now over exposed and under funny), Frankie Boyle (who just tries to shock), Ricky Gervais, Peter Kay, Jimmy Carr and the absolute worse, James Corden. James Acaster is starting to go down the Josh Widdecombe route, Hypothetical was dire and forced.

Thing with comedy is it's so subjective, I do think the idea of relatability dictates your appreciation of it. I love Gervais but hate Romesh and Mickey Flanagan, so in direct contrast with certain posters on this board.

Agree with the 'unfunniness' of the likes of the two Carr's, Frankie Boyle, Jo Brand, Russell Howard thinks just shouting things make them funny and I never got Lee Evans. Used to really like Reg D. Hunter but he seems to have disappeared.

Stanhope, Bill Burr, Patrice O'Neal, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Jim Jeffries, George Carlin, Billy Connolly and Prior are basically the ones I tend to stick with and I'm sure plenty of people hate some of those names!

The two I can't stand is James Corden and any character by Leigh Francis.

I have tickets for Jasper Carrot and Milton Jones in the next six months.

I found find most comedians to be funny the first few times I see them but once you learn their style then they seem repetitive.

Right now I have more wider appreciation for the Milton Jones, Tim Vines, Stuart Francis style of "one 1-2 liner gag every 5 seconds" as the random scattergun approach makes them seem less predictable.

Jeez, there's some right miserable old buggers on here isn't there. Lighten up and have a laugh!

I've just seen the most hilarious sketch for many years. The video of Tommy Robinson pleading with President Trump for asylum in the US of A. Comedy gold! Catch it if you can.

Jimmy Carr is shit. I can’t watch 8 out of 10 cats as his laugh ruins the genuinely funny bits from other comedians.

Love Gervais’ writing but his stand up is poor.

I haven’t seen John Bishop mentioned yet - appalling.

Jasper Carrot! I'd like to see him.

I went on a stag weekend and Josh Widdecombe was on it too- I have to say, he's a bit dull.

Cant stand jo brand. Just makes loads of self depreciating jokes about her being fat. Boring. Get some proper material. Lenny henry annoys me. How he can keep getting rolled out every comic relief is beyond my belief.

I like many of the people mentioned above. Like with the music conversation we had, i can appreciate many different types. I hate the intellectual snobbery involved in comedy sometimes. You always get someone turning their nose up at the more observational or simple smutty comedy and mentioning Bill Hicks or Stewart Lee who i like also, but i think their fans seem to be very snobbish about different styles. Usually the kind of people who smirk snobbishly at anyone who reads a tabloid paper, for example. Its just different type of comedy, and if you take it for what it is it can be funny.