The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 93 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Has anyone else seen the tweet about Welbeck supposedly in talks with us and Leicester? He wants regular play time as he's aiming to get his England place back.

The gossip is pretty stale today. Helder Costa looks likely to leave Wolves and they are linking him with us. I can't see it myself.

More links to Marvelous.

Hutton has agreed a two year contract at Wigan.

The Helder Costa one is one rumour I am actually hoping it is true (but it won't be, along with the other 100,000)

I think he is a great little player, and was somewhat bemused Wolves ditched him for Linford Christie, sorry, Adama Traore.

On big difference this season the panic will happen a few days before the season kicks off and not 3 weeks into the season , so we actually need to be 3 weeks sooner with signings preferably more if we want them to actually train with the squad prior to KO .

A lot of contracts will officially run to the end of June. Not many teams have signed anyone yet. I’m expecting a flurry of activity from 2 weeks onwards for all clubs

A lot of contracts will officially run to the end of June. Not many teams have signed anyone yet. I’m expecting a flurry of activity from 2 weeks onwards for all clubs

Yes they'll have to stop this playing hard ball very early this year but no doubt there will be a few signed the night of the deadline still !!

I've just been reading about Jack Butland and not is he one of the best keepers in England he's also a top lad and a workaholic . Ticks all the boxes we are looking for . Bust the bank and get him in . £20m is peanuts for that standard of player

I've just been reading about Jack Butland and not is he one of the best keepers in England he's also a top lad and a workaholic . Ticks all the boxes we are looking for . Bust the bank and get him in . £20m is peanuts for that standard of player

How about get Heaton for 1/4 the price and he's number one for a season and a half, with Steer learning from him, then Steer and Heaton alternate as number one, then Steer takes over until Sarkic is ready.

Twitter twatter I call it. Mings adores us and will sign.....soon.
I checked with my parole officer. It’s NOT harassment to wave at someone from a bush outside their window, but it IS harassment to tap on the window and call out: “Miiiiiingsy, where are you?” All day, every day. Just so we’re all clear. Should probably give him some space now. Let him get his head around the idea of us being besties.

How about get Heaton for 1/4 the price and he's number one for a season and a half, with Steer learning from him, then Steer and Heaton alternate as number one, then Steer takes over until Sarkic is ready.

How about forget the price and buy the best we can who can be our number one for the next 8 years. We've had more keepers than Dudley Zoo these last few seasons let get a good un and we don't have to keep worrying about it.

The Helder Costa one is one rumour I am actually hoping it is true (but it won't be, along with the other 100,000)

I think he is a great little player, and was somewhat bemused Wolves ditched him for Linford Christie, sorry, Adama Traore.

That may tell you something about him though mate if the road runner is preferred to him

Has Adama learned to play football?

I thought he was still at Boro until I read the Costa rumour. On his Wiki it says that he won all the player of the year awards at Boro and they sold him to Wolves for £18m.

The last time I saw him play for Boro he was still a liability.

Suggestion this morning that we feel Butland’s price is too high at £23M. Although this story only comes from one source at this stage, I wonder if we are swaying towards Heaton.

It also appears Helder Costa is nudging ahead in the winger stakes.

I seem to think there is a ceiling to our budget that Mr Purslow is keen to adhere to.

We are not signing a keeper in my humble.

Why would we .

We signed one in January.

We have given a new contract to another.

Use the money elsewhere.

Suggestion this morning that we feel Butland’s price is too high at £23M. Although this story only comes from one source at this stage, I wonder if we are swaying towards Heaton.

It also appears Helder Costa is nudging ahead in the winger stakes.

I seem to think there is a ceiling to our budget that Mr Purslow is keen to adhere to.

Of course we think the price is too high , it was too high for an unknown unproven Brazilian as well but it never stopped us.
Obviously we have a cut off point on spending , either governed by FFP or the owners .
Butland is a top player lets forget about the fact he is a goalkeeper , you don't get chance to sign an England international at £20m very often these days .
We'll regret it if he goes to chuffin Burnley

Logic would suggest we run with Steer, but I don’t know. There is some suggestion DS fancies an experienced keeper, but not Kalinic.

Unless we have a situation where we can sell off the Croatian to, say, Nantes and then bring in someone of Dean’s choosing, there doesn’t seem too much sense in all the kerfuffle.

Actually, I think Sarkic is quite suitable as a no. 3 too.