The Official Jota Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Jota Thread

Have to say I’m underwhelmed.

When people talked about Blues last season Che Adams was the player talked about. Don’t recall hearing anything about Jota. Don’t remember him standing out against us either. Don’t buy the played well under Smith before line either

Time will tell. But we have signed someone from Blues. Meh.

He certainly played well under Smith for Brentford when they tore us a new one.

Jota was on the bench mostly wasn't he.
Let's see if smith can get a tune out of him before writing him off

I really hope the andre ayew rumours are fake news or toys will be out the pram

He certainly played well under Smith for Brentford when they tore us a new one.

Different level in the premier league though.

Like I said we’ll see. Guess I was hoping for more proven. A player who is 27 years old and has yet to play at the top level in this country and played less than 40 games in La Liga concerns me to be honest.

Not being negative. Just as I see it, rightly or wrongly.

Last edited:

Not writing him off either. Just an opinion based on the facts I know.

A better option going forward than Uncle Albert. It’s worth a look for what we have paid. You would guess decent character too if Smith wants him in after already knowing him.

Different level in the premier league though.

Like I said we’ll see. Guess I was hoping for more proven. A player who is 27 years old and has yet to has play at the top level in this country and played less than 40 games in La Liga concerns me to be honest.

Not being negative. Just as I see it, rightly or wrongly.

Of course, it's going to be a step up for all of them, including Jack and SJM.

But's let's face it, half the Premier League is rubbish. I watched countless games last season where our better players would have shone.

Of course, it's going to be a step up for all of them, including Jack and SJM.

But's let's face it, half the Premier League is rubbish. I watched countless games last season where our better players would have shone.

Absolutely. In my opinion, a very good championship player = a very decent premiership player. Same with teams - there's not much between top 6 championship and bottom 6 premiership.
And until proven otherwise, Deano has my absolute trust. A good manager is a good manager, regardless of the division.
Welcome to the Villa, Jota!

Could be worse. Could be after Jordan again. I remember how much of a fan of him you were silhill.

Absolutely. In my opinion, a very good championship player = a very decent premiership player. Same with teams - there's not much between top 6 championship and bottom 6 premiership.
And until proven otherwise, Deano has my absolute trust. A good manager is a good manager, regardless of the division.
Welcome to the Villa, Jota!

Over 40% chance of going back down first season after promotion to the Prem suggests that there is a difference in quality despite what you might hope.

Hoping underwhelming transfer of jota is by far the lowest quality signing we make or it's going to be a tough season.

Over 40% chance of going back down first season after promotion to the Prem suggests that there is a difference in quality despite what you might hope.

Hoping underwhelming transfer of jota is by far the lowest quality signing we make or it's going to be a tough season.

So 60% chance of staying up? Very decent percentage. And that's without adding our multi - billionaire owners and Deano into the equation.
We've let loads of squad players leave and they need replacing. I'd say that Jota is an upgrade on Albert. Ronaldo has just scored for Portugal, bit out our league this season though!

Lets just say in DS I trust... although that’s difficult to post on this occasion.

Would’ve preferred Jarrod Bowen

So 60% chance of staying up? Very decent percentage. And that's without adding our multi - billionaire owners and Deano into the equation.
We've let loads of squad players leave and they need replacing. I'd say that Jota is an upgrade on Albert. Ronaldo has just scored for Portugal, bit out our league this season though!

not quite the 60% odd you were hoping for as the playoff winners get relegated at roughly 60% first season.
As i said hope jota is just a squad player and marginal upgrade on whats left and the real quality we need will be along shortly as our multi billionaires open the taps.

Ronnie is getting on bit fair enough maybe we'll be in for Felix and that Bernie Silva fella instead just for company for jota ?