The Official Jota Thread | Vital Football

The Official Jota Thread

VillaTomB38

Vital Football Hero
Watching sky sports news and this is breaking, undisclosed fee. Guess we should welcome our first signing from them since we signed curbishley in 1983.

Welcome Jota!

Only a 2 year contract! Means if he turns out to be any good we will probably have to renegotiate it again next year

I’m not sure how he’ll perform in the prem and I wouldn’t say I’m excited by the signing but it’s good business getting rid of Gardner and getting him in. His record at Brentford was top notch which is probably why Redknapp paid big money to take him to small heath and in a poor team he’s been one of their better players. He must be over the moon to join us and step up to the premier league.

Welcome to a proper football club Jota.

I remember him destroying us under Dean Smith for Brentford and being very annoyed when blues signed him. Can't see him being anything more than a squad player but could be useful if we can get him going.

Welcome Jota. Part of the future.

Meanwhile, all the best to Garry Gardner going the other way. It never quite clicked with us, maybe the early injuries disrupting his career didn't help, maybe he needed better coaching. But seems to be doing OK under Monk.

Pitch forks and burning torches at the ready.

No?.

We did for Big Eck.

#whenitsuits.

Lol. No mention of fickle from me here.

Welcome Jota. You will be welcomed . But if you play crap you are a bluenose ****!

Pitch forks and burning torches at the ready.

No?.

We did for Big Eck.

#whenitsuits.

Lol. No mention of fickle from me here.

Welcome Jota. You will be welcomed . But if you play crap you are a bluenose ****!

To be fair, Eck presided over a miserable relegation season (despite fluking the League Cup thanks to the total ineptitude of the Gooners keeper) and his brand of football was shit even before he came to us from Small Heath.

At least Jota would appear to be an upgrade on the person he is replacing!

Perfect example of a player who isn’t suited to the typical championship “roll your sleeves up, put your boots on and give it a right good go” style. Flourished under Smith at Brentford and could do so again.... Gardner in the other direction makes sense.....

Have to say I’m underwhelmed.

When people talked about Blues last season Che Adams was the player talked about. Don’t recall hearing anything about Jota. Don’t remember him standing out against us either. Don’t buy the played well under Smith before line either

Time will tell. But we have signed someone from Blues. Meh.

Welcome to Jota , it will be interesting to see where he plays ie wing or No10 or No8 as Smith calls inside right