The Official Jota Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Official Jota Thread

I love the way that some are writing him off as average before we have seen him kick a ball with us. He can play out wide or through the middle. I was definitely pee'd off when Blues bought him as I thought we should have been targetting that sort of player - different era under Bruce though.

Now that he is here I welcome him and understand that DS has a plan for him. The Dogheads version of him is a very similar type of build, skill level etc. It may take him (and others) a little time to get up to speed, but if he does as well as his namesake, I for one will be happy. He is a snip at the price we paid and well worth the risk. Can't believe the negativity surrounding the transfer. Every single transfer has an inherent risk that comes with it - this purchase carries minimal risk.

Honestly, I think some on here think that £30-£40m players are the only ones worth having - that kind of thinking is what got us in such a mess in the first place. The plan has been spelt out to us - find added value, find characters that fit into the system, incremental improvements, don't bet all on 32 Red. I can live with it, we are not allowed to do a Chelski or a Citeh due to FFP. The owners wealth has nothing to do with the football club, it just means that we won't have another cash flow crisis and be nearly out of business due to the kind of activity of previous "guardians" of our great football club.

Beauty of this is he's on a two year deal . Year one to see if he cuts it , if he does extend his contract if not he's only milking us for 12 months not the normal 36 .
I think he has one main asset he can play football , We don't have too many footballers in the squad and the modern game requires 11 of them if we are going to mix it with the top half

I love the way that some are writing him off as average before we have seen him kick a ball with us. He can play out wide or through the middle. I was definitely pee'd off when Blues bought him as I thought we should have been targetting that sort of player - different era under Bruce though.

Now that he is here I welcome him and understand that DS has a plan for him. The Dogheads version of him is a very similar type of build, skill level etc. It may take him (and others) a little time to get up to speed, but if he does as well as his namesake, I for one will be happy. He is a snip at the price we paid and well worth the risk. Can't believe the negativity surrounding the transfer. Every single transfer has an inherent risk that comes with it - this purchase carries minimal risk.

Honestly, I think some on here think that £30-£40m players are the only ones worth having - that kind of thinking is what got us in such a mess in the first place. The plan has been spelt out to us - find added value, find characters that fit into the system, incremental improvements, don't bet all on 32 Red. I can live with it, we are not allowed to do a Chelski or a Citeh due to FFP. The owners wealth has nothing to do with the football club, it just means that we won't have another cash flow crisis and be nearly out of business due to the kind of activity of previous "guardians" of our great football club.

Writing him off ?
Not read that from anyone but may have missed some posts.

There is a difference between writing him off and questioning the transfer of course. It's what makes the forum interesting with different views.

Jota should get everyones support but like any signings there are valid questions to ask.

John Terry - age
SJM - coming from a crap league
And so on....

My question mark is how a 27 year old has not been picked by any Top, middle or bottom premier league side previously . In my view 27 is quite old to only just being considered good enough for the premier league.

You can't tell me the likes Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth etc etc wouldn't sign him if he was good enough at premier league level
5 years younger I would get it.

I also don't think it's much of a validation of him as a player because he played well against us 2 or 3 years ago . He was playing for a mid table championship side against a mid table championship side. And on reflection . We were pretty shite at that point .

Sorry but I cannot get excited about us (a premier league side) signing a 27 year old from blues who has never played higher than mid table in the championship. I'm hoping the next signing inspires me more otherwise I might start having concerns about our recruitment going forward .

I'm assuming that he's coming in as a squad player and we have another right winger lined up. I'm hoping Green is going out on loan to get his mojo back.

I think it's sweet that Juan Pablo Angel loves us so much he's grown his hair and a beard, changed his name and forged some documents to lower his age, just so he can re-sign for us.

Has anyone else heard the whisper that it was a straight swap and the £4m was just their valuation of the deal?

Has anyone else heard the whisper that it was a straight swap and the £4m was just their valuation of the deal?
Apparently Gardner said he "ran" to the Sty to complete the deal. Saying that he was always a Villa fan yet underneath he was a Bluenose really shows what a weak person he really was. At least Hopkins and Blake made no attempt to hide their darker side and it is said that Hopkins even skipped Villa reserve games to go to the Sty. I am sure that DS would have quickly identified this lack of backbone and would not have wanted him at VP. As such, irrespective of how good Jota is, he is Dean's man, is committed and is not living a lie - he is a Real Madrid fan and there is nothing wrong with that.

Pathetic the lengths gone to, we've always known Craig was Blues (gave his all for us) and Gary was Villa (his goal against Blues kind of proves that).

I don't wish either ill will, but the BS is pathetic as in many ways he's bilking his own new fans and with a Bluenose dad (who thankfully ignores this side of the shite lol) it just irks me.

And anyway that's bollocks, John McGinn came back off holiday and carried him before heading for Scotland's game. He didn't run anywhere.

That would be the best scenario for us but is it fact, great if it is and as I said before I'm a bit meh about the Jota signing but I trust Smith and co so wish him a welcome to the mighty Aston Villa and hope he hits the ground running (Fingers crossed for a debut hat trick :D )

That would be the best scenario for us but is it fact, great if it is and as I said before I'm a bit meh about the Jota signing but I trust Smith and co so wish him a welcome to the mighty Aston Villa and hope he hits the ground running (Fingers crossed for a debut hat trick :D )

I really don't know but I'd love it to be true and it will wind up the noses no end so I'm going to keep repeating.

Did you hear that the Jota deal was a straight swap for Gardner and the £4m mentioned was just their valuation of the deal?