Prince v KM in Court | Page 15 | Vital Football

Prince v KM in Court

Didn't the McCabes trigger the events with the £5m offer?

That’s as I understood it

Unless I misunderstood, the offer from the McCabes then opened the door for the counter-offer. (I don't have the contract in front of me...) IMO £5m was a low-ball, and was never going to get HRH to go away.

This is the turn of events as I understand it:

1) McCabe wants to end the partnership. Part of the agreement stipulates that if one of the partners makes an offer for the other's shares then the other partner has to either accept or make a counter offer of the same amount, which then must be accepted by the instigator. McCabe offers £5M (about half of the value of the shares at the time.)

2) A second agreement says that if the Prince owns 75% of the club or more, he must then purchase Bramall Lane and the other properties at current market value (estimated to be somewhere between £20-40M.) As a result, McCabe will either sell all of his interests in us to the Prince for a sizable total sum, or he will regain full control for a small sum. Either way, the partnership will be done and McCabe won't have to deal with the Prince and his people anymore. Based on the court case so far, I expect that McCabe thought (correctly) that the Prince wouldn't be able to afford to buy him out completely, so he would get the club back on the cheap.

3) The Prince creates a new company and transfers most of his shares to it, then counters McCabe's original offer but claims that he doesn't have to buy the properties as neither company owns 75%+ of the club. McCabe thinks this is dodgy (plus inline with some of the other things he thinks that the Prince has done, such as the "bribe"/loan) and launches the lawsuit.

4) Lawyers on both sides profit. Fans not so much...

I could be wrong though...

possibly tt i dont think either can give us the financial backing we need to have a chance of establishing the club in the premier league but of course we have to be careful what we wish for dont we
We do SOB but one can live in hope that one of them has the right connections to take SUFC to where the fan base and loyal support deserve.

There's only one of us talking about CENSORSHIP and it's not me.

As pointed out CENSORIOUS has a different meaning but don't bother to read the response before knee jerking.

Hypothetical for you- if you were against a cause/person/issue/action and saw remarks critical of such cause would you not endorse them if they enhanced your stance?

Your third paragraph is probably the truest you have ever posted.

Even if he did go I doubt that I'd quaff a pint with you- I like to choose my beer and the pub I drink it in, somehow I don't think that fits your way of working.

Have a lovely BH, maybe McC and the princes last in charge????????

The only part worth replying too is the "hypothetical" question. No. I wouldn't if l knew it was false. That would make me look as if I'm that obsessed l'd cling on to any criticism of someone, true or not.

The only part worth replying too is the "hypothetical" question. No. I wouldn't if l knew it was false. That would make me look as if I'm that obsessed l'd cling on to any criticism of someone, true or not.
Looks like that's 2 of us owd TT waint be havin a pint wi then H.:giggle: UTPB

Looks like that's 2 of us owd TT waint be havin a pint wi then H.:giggle: UTPB

He Wouldn't be seen dead with us thick lower orders Rod. Not that we'll ever see him at BL whoever owns the club....

I wonder if McCabe chucked his application to manage the Copthorne in the bin or something?

According to some reporter up Newcastle way, he’s been told our HRH is worth about £18 billion!!! (News Now pages)

Really?????

According to some reporter up Newcastle way, he’s been told our HRH is worth about £18 billion!!! (News Now pages)

Really?????

They obviously haven't done their homework

HRH made his wealth from his paper mill company which I think he has sold or part sold off

I think he has similar wealth to McCabe. However, the way hes been going around supposedly taking out loans to fund the club makes one wonder?

Regardless of ones nett worth, one can still find oneself temporarily short of cash. Like sticking the crate of Moet on the Amex card...

He paid the loans back, as I understood it...

Really?????

I'm sure that is true, but only if he has all of his relatives bumped off...

Speaking of Newcastle, apparently their takeover has hit some snags. First it was reported that the guy isn't related to the Man City bloke after all. Then it was reported that he has previously tried to buy Liverpool for £2 billion but was unable to deposit £25 million as proof of funds. Sky Sports News just had that football finance bloke on (Maguire?) and basically he thinks they are a bunch of Geoff Sheards...

I'm sure that is true, but only if he has all of his relatives bumped off...

Speaking of Newcastle, apparently their takeover has hit some snags. First it was reported that the guy isn't related to the Man City bloke after all. Then it was reported that he has previously tried to buy Liverpool for £2 billion but was unable to deposit £25 million as proof of funds. Sky Sports News just had that football finance bloke on (Maguire?) and basically he thinks they are a bunch of Geoff Sheards...

Geoff Sheard... Theres another glorious episode in our neighbours history. I wish I'd kept the online petition 'apologising' for people calling him twat when all around could see he had no money. 'Please, please don't let them put you off, Geoff..!' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Geoff Sheard... Theres another glorious episode in our neighbours history. I wish I'd kept the online petition 'apologising' for people calling him twat when all around could see he had no money. 'Please, please don't let them put you off, Geoff..!' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geoff Sheard? Who dat den? UTPB

When the oinkers try to take the moral high ground about HRH and the Bin Ladens, they should be reminded about Sheard and what their club was about. Who was the bloke from Azerbaijan who got his name on their shirts for the season, but pee'd off without leaving a tip?

When the oinkers try to take the moral high ground about HRH and the Bin Ladens, they should be reminded about Sheard and what their club was about. Who was the bloke from Azerbaijan who got his name on their shirts for the season, but pee'd off without leaving a tip?
That episode has already been surgically wiped from most of their (ahem) brains.

It was a tough job but Chancer employed over 370 Taiwanese Neurosurgeons armed with Pig prodders and performed the ‘corrective’ surgery throughout last season at home games. All they needed to do was to spend £1,500 on a ‘Premium’ pie. Those who had it done also reported far less anxiety regarding their financial affairs as well and so it was win-win. There are only another 213 piggies left to do and they’re gong to get ‘done’ totally free once they’ve helped with the ground improvements and the Hammerite’s dried out.

It definitely seems to be working. Geoff Sheard hasn’t been mentioned on Porktalk in months and some of them over there seem to wear Chancer’s exorbitant prices like a badge of honour.

Last edited: