Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 89 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

The kid has unbelievable skills, if he knuckles down he could be an unbelievable player.

So he has a very important ingredient, and that is a God given talent. Knuckling down is only part of a very critical process to develop him into an incredible player.

Mentoring and managing his mind and body is something Tottenham as a club have a responsibility to do. I just pray we look after this lad and that he doesn't fall through the cracks and end up playing mid table football for while then bursting into a top 4 club, other than Spurs, a few years later.

I’ve mentioned him twice before. Erling Haaland scored 9 goals today in the u20 world cup. He is 18.

Ok, just watched the match. My goodness the kid was utterly dominant.

He had another early goal called back on a foul. Cranked one off the post. And had a penalty award reversed on VAR due to a shoulder/arm control as he was tackled called hand-ball.

So, close to netting 12.

Ole knows him well, and he's been linked to Manure of course.

Exciting player.

When people talk about other players being in the way it’s the same argument as strikers and Kane....but it’s a squad game now...our problem has been we don’t have one with the quality in depth to rotate.

You are right, but in reality it is a slightly different story. Poch always says that its about the squad but he will still play Kane at all times if fit. Poch has shown that he doesn't rest some players until he is forced to so I always take those comments with a slight pinch of salt. With Edwards, it will come down to how he does in pre-season and training. At this present point in time he has 4-5 top quality players all looking to occupy 2-3 positions, so even with rotation he is down the pecking order.

You are right, but in reality it is a slightly different story. Poch always says that its about the squad but he will still play Kane at all times if fit. Poch has shown that he doesn't rest some players until he is forced to so I always take those comments with a slight pinch of salt. With Edwards, it will come down to how he does in pre-season and training. At this present point in time he has 4-5 top quality players all looking to occupy 2-3 positions, so even with rotation he is down the pecking order.

Thought process when Poch brings on an attacking sub....

Llorente - wonder whether he'll get a single cross or even run around for his team mates
Janssen - at least he'll put in a shift, but will probably miss an open goal
Lamela - will probably get booked, slightly better sub than starter
Moura - bit of pace might change things against tired legs
Son - about time, likely to score against this lot

If Edwards was on the bench, I could at least have some false optimism about him being a game changer :-)

Its exactly what I think Edwards should get a chance to do for us next season. Bring him on at 80mins when we're wining and see how he does. I hope Poch does that a bit more often next season.

Its exactly what I think Edwards should get a chance to do for us next season. Bring him on at 80mins when we're wining and see how he does. I hope Poch does that a bit more often next season.

No issue with this at all - him and another in to replace Llorente.

He will get minutes

We need to keep Verts and Toby at all cost, and get in a couple of CMs.

We can handle a season with Aurier/Rose as our fullbacks, but we are not going anywhere with Winks/Sissokko.

Our spine has to be built.

As long as we get rid of trippier we improve the rb spot.

We need 2 CM badly

Sissoko has done well this season, but he’s so limited and people are hyping due to his previous seasons.

We need to keep Verts and Toby at all cost, and get in a couple of CMs.

We can handle a season with Aurier/Rose as our fullbacks, but we are not going anywhere with Winks/Sissokko.

Our spine has to be built.

As a side.

I think Sissoko could also do a job at RB if needed.

As a side.

I think Sissoko could also do a job at RB if needed.

Not a chance, look at Trent and Bissaka - Sissoko doesn't come close. He cant support the attack and has no yactical awareness.

Possibly the only position I'd play him is a DM, where he is limited to retaining the ball and quickly releasing to a CM.

Honestly, at this point, his value is so disproporsional to his abilities that I'd sell in a heartbeat.

Not a chance, look at Trent and Bissaka - Sissoko doesn't come close. He cant support the attack and has no yactical awareness.

Possibly the only position I'd play him is a DM, where he is limited to retaining the ball and quickly releasing to a CM.

Honestly, at this point, his value is so disproporsional to his abilities that I'd sell in a heartbeat.

More of a “anyone but trippier” thought I guess.

I would 100 percent sell him if a bid came in.

I think Sissoko is a squad player and worth keeping for his rotational and injury cover purposes. We need better in MF. He has done well this season and covered Winks, Wanyama and Dier who have all had significant injury issues .

Sissoko is a squad player and would to this end be very usefully. Only he is uniquely unsuited to being a squad player without regular game time his lack of rhythm coupled with his poor technique kill his limited game. It's no coincidence that our lack of MF options coincided with his best form.

We’ve had a whole season of crap football spiced with huge pieces of luck which ran out big time last night.
To reach the final and finish top 4 was truly amazing given the generally turgid performances we have had, certainly in the league losing to teams at all levels of the league. Yes we played away until the last few games of the season, and yes we had injuries and no new depth to the squad, but I think the overall problem at the moment lies with the manager and his philosophy as much as sub standard performances by players.

Consequently, will new players really make a difference or will it just be more of the same. We don’t really know who we are looking to recruit but if they are any good then there will be teams that pay bigger wages competing with us and last night was hardly an enticing reason to come and join us, just from the footballing perspective alone. So maybe we will see a change of manager by lack of success in the TW.....could be we have peaked and are about to slide down the slippery slope to where we should be given our performances this season.

I refuse to believe our run to the final has not raised our profile enough for some top young prospects to see us as an attractive option. After all looking at our lot last night it's not like being behind De bruyne an Siova at City. Ajax seem to find good young talent.

I refuse to believe our run to the final has not raised our profile enough for some top young prospects to see us as an attractive option. After all looking at our lot last night it's not like being behind De bruyne an Siova at City. Ajax seem to find good young talent.
I agree good young talent must be out there but Ajax have a good scouting set up and we are still waiting to see if EX’s friend can deliver plus I am not sure Poch knows how to use the players he buys to get the best out of them, Moura being a good example, even Llorente until the City and Ajax games...it seems to be a question of stifling their natural abilities to serve his philosophy rather than adapting his philosophy.

like the look of Masuaku at Spam for left-back. great ability as well as pace. would keep Rose to play him leftside of midfield (flat4 or diamond).

midfielder Paqueta of AC Milan is 'gettable' if we want him enough - and if Eriksen goes for a few bob (or even if he doesnt).

Sissoko is a squad player and would to this end be very usefully. Only he is uniquely unsuited to being a squad player without regular game time his lack of rhythm coupled with his poor technique kill his limited game. It's no coincidence that our lack of MF options coincided with his best form.