Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 91 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

always doubtful about going with stats.

Winks probably has the best passing stats of any Spurs middie, passing it within a 5 yard radius 95% of the time. Dombly and Berserker could well be the next Soldados if they arrive.

always doubtful about going with stats.

Winks probably has the best passing stats of any Spurs middie, passing it within a 5 yard radius 95% of the time. Dombly and Berserker could well be the next Soldados if they arrive.
I'm going on watching them both play against Manchester City. They looked among the best players on the pitch in those four games.There is a very simple reason that neither will do a "Soldado" physicality. They are both stronger and faster that Roberto could dream about. In the EPL this allied to technical gifts makes a player, Soldado would have torn the prem to shreds if he'd had Bissaka's pace or N'dombele's strength. He had all the other attributes firmly in place.

I agree about the 2's athleticism, just not sure it would help the group-dynamic and collective mindset to have them come. still think Dier is more than capable of being a huge player in midfield - he's just become disengaged last season with poss transfer to Manckyland, but could be 'next year's 'Sissoko' for the club.

and think Aurier is another that has learnt about Prem life now, and could be as good as Bissaka - showed signs of it in his last few games.

bed these 2 in, you'd have better than both the 'talking horses' you mentioned.

Looking at the contract situation things seem depressing, our problems extend far beyond the current contract situations of Toby/Eriksen.

Expiring contracts 2020:
Eriksen, Toby Verts.

Expiring contracts 2021:
Dier, Rose, Wanyama, Sissoko, Davies, CCV, Onomah, Skipp.

(Side note, I'd sell the whole 2021 group if we could keep the 2020 players.)

With 2 years remaining on their contracts, that group of players in the 2021 need sorting out asap or we can face the same issued we are having with Eriksen and Toby.

Rose and Wanyama are both injury prone and highly unlikely to get extensions due to their age - Rose 29 and Wanyama 28. Sissoko is 30, so I don't see an extension there either, and I've made my views about selling him clear.

We need a LB in immediately and sell one of Rose/Davies. Rose is far better but keeping him means gambling on his health.

Onomah and CCV will be gone I assume, which leaves us with a decision to make with Dier.

Seems like decisions need to be taken and a huge clear-out to be made.
All of which accentuates the rebuild project.

I agree about the 2's athleticism, just not sure it would help the group-dynamic and collective mindset to have them come. still think Dier is more than capable of being a huge player in midfield - he's just become disengaged last season with poss transfer to Manckyland, but could be 'next year's 'Sissoko' for the club.

and think Aurier is another that has learnt about Prem life now, and could be as good as Bissaka - showed signs of it in his last few games.

bed these 2 in, you'd have better than both the 'talking horses' you mentioned.
I love a fresh perspective....Aurier as good as Bissaka is something I’d never considered before and Dier becoming a huge player in midfield...well he has put on a lot of weight so I suppose that’s something.

Bissaka has pace, can take on and beat defenders, and is positionally excellent in defence...Aurier has pace but is positionally suspect and I haven’t seen much evidence of his ability to beat defenders but maybe it’s lurking there somewhere.....Dier is slow, can’t tackle without fouling and has been poor for the last two seasons....offers practically nothing going forward...maybe he can be revived but he has contributed very little for a long time...certainly doesn’t look in the same class as Ndombele.

Having said that I doubt very much that Levy will pay the money and salary demands of either Ndombele or Lo Celo s we will probably have a chance to see if you are correct.

I love a fresh perspective....Aurier as good as Bissaka is something I’d never considered before and Dier becoming a huge player in midfield...well he has put on a lot of weight so I suppose that’s something.

Bissaka has pace, can take on and beat defenders, and is positionally excellent in defence...Aurier has pace but is positionally suspect and I haven’t seen much evidence of his ability to beat defenders but maybe it’s lurking there somewhere.....Dier is slow, can’t tackle without fouling and has been poor for the last two seasons....offers practically nothing going forward...maybe he can be revived but he has contributed very little for a long time...certainly doesn’t look in the same class as Ndombele.

Having said that I doubt very much that Levy will pay the money and salary demands of either Ndombele or Lo Celo s we will probably have a chance to see if you are correct.

Dier has been clocked at 35.0 km not far behind Sissoko.

Dier has been clocked at 35.0 km not far behind Sissoko.

I smiled too with the bit about Dier being slow.

Dier has been 'so poor' that Manure tabled a bid in the 50m region (when 50m was actually considered alot of money back in the day) the guy started at rightback and even was our topscorer at 1 point, when he started here). So much for 'offering nothing going forward'
He then cemented the DM role before it became fashionable, to the extent that he was considered the auto-choice there for England).

All this occurred during his 1st year at Spurs, when he was barely 21yrs old.

Aurier just needed to learn to stick than twist a tad more, which I feel he now has done. The rest of his abundant attributes are there now to be used next season - Bissaka will not be needed (at any hugely inflated price).

the innate physicality and ability is there in both as will be made very clear once they are injury-free and fully fit - just like with Sissoko this season.

Damn I have a really bad feeling that this window will be extremely standard for us...which is to say we will all be saying "What the Naff is going on!!!" at one point or another.

RM are always arrogant and try to get the price down. They tried with Bale and Levy stood firm.
They will try it with Chelsea too knowing Hazard wants to go.
The problem is other clubs will see what we get for CE and will price their players accordingly. If we get £90M for him then we will be paying £70M+ for each or Ndombele and Lo Celso.
This is a must though. No more bargain basement. If we get the 2 above mentioned, Maxi Gomez and Ryan Sessegnon we are looking at an outlay of £200M but offset that with £90M for Eriksen, £25M for Trippier and £30M for the deadwood it's an actual outlay of £55M.
We allegedly had that amount available in January not to mention the Champions League and Premiership prize money we will now receive.

I smiled too with the bit about Dier being slow.

Dier has been 'so poor' that Manure tabled a bid in the 50m region (when 50m was actually considered alot of money back in the day) the guy started at rightback and even was our topscorer at 1 point, when he started here). So much for 'offering nothing going forward'
He then cemented the DM role before it became fashionable, to the extent that he was considered the auto-choice there for England).

All this occurred during his 1st year at Spurs, when he was barely 21yrs old.

Aurier just needed to learn to stick than twist a tad more, which I feel he now has done. The rest of his abundant attributes are there now to be used next season - Bissaka will not be needed (at any hugely inflated price).

the innate physicality and ability is there in both as will be made very clear once they are injury-free and fully fit - just like with Sissoko this season.
What players did in the past is irrelevant if they do not continue to deliver it and Dier hasn’t even before he was injured....he became the master of the sideways backwards pass and issuing instructions to everyone around him while failing to stop attacks, and standing off attackers while they shot.....if the lad who played RB against the Hammers away in his first game and turned up at CF in the last minute to wi us the game ever returns I would welcome him back with open arms, but until that happens I would take £50 million for him at a heartbeat...trouble is his form has left those days behind.

However, as I said, whoever is manager will have to carry on with both your suggestions since the money to buy quality will not be there.

What players did in the past is irrelevant if they do not continue to deliver it and Dier hasn’t even before he was injured....he became the master of the sideways backwards pass and issuing instructions to everyone around him while failing to stop attacks, and standing off attackers while they shot.....if the lad who played RB against the Hammers away in his first game and turned up at CF in the last minute to wi us the game ever returns I would welcome him back with open arms, but until that happens I would take £50 million for him at a heartbeat...trouble is his form has left those days behind.

However, as I said, whoever is manager will have to carry on with both your suggestions since the money to buy quality will not be there.

It seemed to me that the minute there was speculation of Jose wanting Dier for 50 mil at Utd and nothing came of it, his form nosedived to it's current level.

It seemed to me that the minute there was speculation of Jose wanting Dier for 50 mil at Utd and nothing came of it, his form nosedived to it's current level.

Can only agree, for a long time I thought he was deliberatly playing at half-effort. There was/is some talk in the club that he was apparently 'downcast' about not getting his 'big' move.

Can only agree, for a long time I thought he was deliberatly playing at half-effort. There was/is some talk in the club that he was apparently 'downcast' about not getting his 'big' move.

Shows his character in my opinion...I would get rid of him.