The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

The Official Summer Transfer Window Thread

Reports that we are ready to splash £20m for Maupay, as it looks like Tammy won't be joining us. £20m is way too much for Maupay. Half that possibly!

Reports that we are ready to splash £20m for Maupay, as it looks like Tammy won't be joining us. £20m is way too much for Maupay. Half that possibly!

I reckon that is paper talk because of the Brentford link ? He is however more like a Dean Smith Striker than a big gangling one like Tammy

I don’t believe (or don’t want to believe) the Maupay link. I fear he’s a championship player like so many others.

If Tammy signs, then great. If not, then there will be other options out there. I don’t think he’s the make or break season of the signing, as he needs to improve his all round game considerably.

As for Beneteke, I don’t understand the fascination with him. He’s been on a downward trajectory since the day he signed for the scousers. He’s history, great player for us once upon a time but no legend.

Dwight Gayle & Maupay the 2 big links today, both around £20m. Of the 2 I'd prefer Maupay as think he has far more in his locker, much better all round game than Gayle.
Good chance both links are a load of old cobblers though

Hope we steer clear of over priced championship players, especially if they are going to cost up to £20m. We’ve signed expensive championship players previously and none of them have looked value for money. Ridiculous if we are genuinely considering it, I expect it’s just nonsense rumours though

I'm not sure about this Joe Lolley link either, had a cracking season with Forest but that is by far and away his best year. He struggled to get in a poor Huddersfield team when they first got into the PL - is he really worth us spunking £10m on?

Whatever you read in the papers , all you have to do is refer to Purslow and Smith's interview and see if they fit the profile.

The likes of Delph , Benteke & co I can't see coming.

In the interview Purslow said there will be loads of talk about who we'll be signing and who we won't, but Villa already has its plans and it'll get on with those. I suspect it doesn't include Championship players. Gayle and Maupay are exactly the sort of players we'll be linked with who I don't think we'll look at.

In the interview Purslow said there will be loads of talk about who we'll be signing and who we won't, but Villa already has its plans and it'll get on with those. I suspect it doesn't include Championship players. Gayle and Maupay are exactly the sort of players we'll be linked with who I don't think we'll look at.

Maupay is only 22 and looks to have good technical ability. I could definitely see him being good enough for the PL. It was a big surprise in France that he went to a Championship team. Personally I wouldn't mind us having a punt on him, maybe we could even give them Hogan back as part of the deal.

Whatever you read in the papers , all you have to do is refer to Purslow and Smith's interview and see if they fit the profile.

The likes of Delph , Benteke & co I can't see coming.
Exactly we are going to be linked with absolutely every player in the market in the next few weeks. The majority will have no truth about them at all but some may be correct. In the new set up we trust

Maupay is only 22 and looks to have good technical ability. I could definitely see him being good enough for the PL. It was a big surprise in France that he went to a Championship team. Personally I wouldn't mind us having a punt on him, maybe we could even give them Hogan back as part of the deal.
Agree with everything you say here mate. Would defo be looking at Hogan as a part of Maupay deal.

I like the talk coming out of the Dean Smith/Christian Purslow pairing. Seems they have Susu and the scouts looking for good, young, hungry players that can be improved, so I'm not expecting any 'experienced' old pro's looking for a last payday.
If anyone hasn't seen this interview, it's well worth a look. Very inspiring. highlights what professional people we now have in charge of our club.

He also said we plan for where we are, so I'm guessing both at least WERE on the radar?

I think there's too much made over whether someone is a Championship player or a Premier League player anyway, we should be looking everywhere for quality.

It's going to hit a few of our players hard but we will have to shift about 8 of them . Plus those who are out of contract . Shame but we have to move the club forwards or we'll back down again come May next year