Match Thread: Newport County v Lincoln City | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Newport County v Lincoln City

Awful, awful game. If football was like that I wouldn't bother watching.

It improved slightly in the second half but I ended up keeping an eye on other games. Near the end I switched over to Mansfield v Stevenage with the Mansfield commentary team talking excitedly about the one goal needed for promotion. Within 30 seconds Chair had put another one in from outside the box. Hilarious.

Their touchline celebrations were met in the usual philosophical way by the pitchfork wielding locals.

Liked the occasion didn’t like the match.

I don’t think we really tried - too much sideways passing and building from the back.

Most of the players had off days.

Danny hates losing... that is all.

Considering we had nothing at stake, the wind and pitch conditions.. and that we lost 1 0.. i didnt think the game was all that bad.

Listening to the post match I get the impression that if we stand still and consolidate as a club there off.
Danny and co. are competitive and want to win every match. That’s why we won the division. They don’t subscribe to players or fans settling for consolidation or defeat. Quite right too. Champions or not, our form seeing out the season has not been good enough. Hope we lift it next Saturday. For Danny and co. more than anyone. Going to be tough.

Danny hates losing... that is all.

Considering we had nothing at stake, the wind and pitch conditions.. and that we lost 1 0.. i didnt think the game was all that bad.
the game was a L2 battle. We go onwards and upwards... hope they don’t get promoted as the pitch is non league standard.