Leeds v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sunday 28th April, 12pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Leeds v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sunday 28th April, 12pm

Disagree . We played well v Bristol creating 100 chances and when we turned it on v Bolton in the second half , some of the stuff we played was as good as anything. Ditto for the second half with 10 men v Rotherham.

All about opinions. Yes we were competent in those games, I’m thinking the unplayable, the “better than dean smith’s Brentford at their best” football that we roll out occasionally (eg first half derby, forest, boro etc). Quite happy to scrap and battle to promotion if that’s what it takes but that swagger was a joy to behold

Not sure Wittonite, thought that I read they were wiped, Mike will no doubt know.
bookings are wiped clean for playoffs but suspensions incurred before playoffs will be applied to playoffs. So as long as McGinn does not incur two more before the end of the season we are all good.

on another note: Mathematically we are guaranteed to make the playoffs. I have not seen anyone talking about this.

would be nice to get up to 4th but is really good knowing that we will be in the playoffs no mater what happens in the last two match days

on another note: Mathematically we are guaranteed to make the playoffs. I have not seen anyone talking about this.

To be fair, it was mentioned a number of times later in the Millwall thread once Derby and Bristol City had lost.

Worst case scenario is to finish 6th if Derby win all remaining games and we lose both. Which I would think highly unlikely to be honest.

The psychology of being miles behind and finishing above WBA and beating Leeds then facing them in the finals is massive.

If you're a WBA player and you've see us steamroll our way into 4th when you were miles clear and started to wobble could be enough to destroy their confidence. I think for Leeds the doubt it would stir in their minds if we beat them and have to play them in the final after they bottle automatic promotion in the final weeks could get us up.

I feel like if we beat Leeds and finish 4th it's ours to lose, there would be an incredible amount of doubt in our two potential opponents that we are some sort of colossus / have destiny. Imagine we beat Norwich too I couldnt imagine either would have any confidence perhaps a freedom or resignation to defeat would emerge but outside that nothing but doubt

I would like to see us put out our strongest squad against Leeds as I feel we are better than then now; so it would keep the record run going, keep the pressure on the overrated Tesco bags aswell as being a psychological killer to both the above teams.
I Also believe we can rest players against the on Holiday champions Norwich as the players we bring in for our rested players will be desperate to prove they should be in the playoff squad or even the shop window.
win win hopefully for club, players and fans.

Sounds churlish on a 10 game winning run but I don’t think we’ve played at our glorious best since the first half vs Blackburn. If we can click back into gear, we’re genuinely capable of winning every remaining game including the POs. Anything less than our best though and it could be a more disappointing season end than last year (if possible!).
A lot depends on availability and injuries; if every team has a full squad to choose from, there’s none to match us. We need to keep mings fit with one of hause/tuanzebe/Chester alongside and Tammy back for the POs.
It’s the hope that kills...

Not this time, brother.

If you read the posts and tweets by Leeds and Baggies fans, they are all bricking it about playing the mighty Villa in the playoffs. I'm not even sure Leeds will make the final. Missing out on automatic is a big blow. Derby will be well up for it.

The risk is dirty Leeds will try to cripple jack and wind McGinn up to get him suspended. They are a scummy club with form for cheating and spying. They will go to any length to derail us.

The risk is dirty Leeds will try to cripple jack and wind McGinn up to get him suspended. They are a scummy club with form for cheating and spying. They will go to any length to derail us.

As are smethwick, who set out to damage our players, leading to the loss of jack and axel. If they can’t beat us, they’ll try and leave us too wounded to win the final.
Praying for some decent refs for once.