Leeds v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sunday 28th April, 12pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Leeds v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Sunday 28th April, 12pm

Yes, if McGinn picks up two more bookings in the remaining games, he will incur a 3 match suspension and therefore miss the entire playoff campaign, were we to play all three matches.

But if he avoids picking up these two bookings, they do not carry over into the payoffs.
Thanks for that Gentlemen. That answer JPA does give Smith a bit of room for manouver with regards selection or not. In light of that answer I think Smith would be raving mad not to protect such a vital player to our cause from booking given the absolutly lousy standard of officiating in this division where a yellow card can be picked up for nothing, with no right of appeal.

Yes, if McGinn picks up two more bookings in the remaining games, he will incur a 3 match suspension and therefore miss the entire playoff campaign, were we to play all three matches.

But if he avoids picking up these two bookings, they do not carry over into the payoffs.

Thats why i would play McGinn till / if he is booked and then get him off pronto and save him till the play offs? He did look slightly restrained Saturday, this is hardly surprising given his booking position.

Thats why i would play McGinn till / if he is booked and then get him off pronto and save him till the play offs? He did look slightly restrained Saturday, this is hardly surprising given his booking position.
Trouble is with McGinn he s only restrained until someone presses his buttons, so yes straight off and protect if a booking occurs.

To be fair to SJM , from memory he has only been booked twice in the last 10 games , so that's not too bad given the incompetence of the referees.

He does have some wiggle room now , I would be tempted to let him put his feet up v Leeds and give him a run out v Norwich , that would put him spot on for the play off games then.

I was all for giving a few a rest till i saw the schedule? They have a week between the next 2 games to rest. I also would like to keep the run going so lets go for it. No idea if Smith will do though.

DS will pick his best available team. I don't actually know what that team is, but it will be picked with a view to winning the fixture. Maybe Hause will be back, maybe Lansbury will start. Just know that if he makes changes it will be based on recovery, involvement in the play offs etc.

Sounds churlish on a 10 game winning run but I don’t think we’ve played at our glorious best since the first half vs Blackburn. If we can click back into gear, we’re genuinely capable of winning every remaining game including the POs. Anything less than our best though and it could be a more disappointing season end than last year (if possible!).
A lot depends on availability and injuries; if every team has a full squad to choose from, there’s none to match us. We need to keep mings fit with one of hause/tuanzebe/Chester alongside and Tammy back for the POs.
It’s the hope that kills...

Smith has pretty much said that the first yellow and McGinn is subbed off until the POs. As it happens, we’ve seen how much good a rest does him so wouldn’t be the end of the world imho

Sounds churlish on a 10 game winning run but I don’t think we’ve played at our glorious best since the first half vs Blackburn. If we can click back into gear, we’re genuinely capable of winning every remaining game including the POs. Anything less than our best though and it could be a more disappointing season end than last year (if possible!).
A lot depends on availability and injuries; if every team has a full squad to choose from, there’s none to match us. We need to keep mings fit with one of hause/tuanzebe/Chester alongside and Tammy back for the POs.
It’s the hope that kills...

Disagree . We played well v Bristol creating 100 chances and when we turned it on v Bolton in the second half , some of the stuff we played was as good as anything. Ditto for the second half with 10 men v Rotherham.