Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace FC (The Eagles) NEW STADIUM INAUGURAL | Page 11 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace FC (The Eagles) NEW STADIUM INAUGURAL

Way to open the stadium in style with a win. Job done, don't care how ugly...it was a must win and we needed the 3 points. Ok now let's finish strong lads!!!!

COYS!!!!!!

Huddersfield, Brighton, West Ham and Everton as the remaining home PL fixtures. Could've been a lot worse.

That was beyond must win and we got three points.

Still don’t think we played particularly well, but given the circumstances it was understandable

I thought that given the emotion of the occasion we did well. We pretty much dominated them. 26 shots 10 on target. 14 shots in the 1st half. A couple of iffy moments but we restricted them to 5 shots 1 on target. Hodgson pretty much said that although they played their part the lost to the better team.
3 points gained 2 more on the GD. I'll take that.

Huddersfield, Brighton, West Ham and Everton as the remaining home PL fixtures. Could've been a lot worse.

Spam almost always show more of an attitude of wanting to win than we do. While our complacency against teams like Huddersfield and Brighton, sees us in a scrape for third we shouldn't be in.

Last edited:
Eriksen at his poorest run of games still manages a solid half where he assists and scores, showing us how vital he is to our play. Lloris makes 2 incredible saves in 2 minutes to keep us up.

I read a lot of comments on this forum wishing for their departure, be careful what you wish for.

You would think so, but you would also think that in todays world, if they had, there would be photos on social media.
They have been training in the stadium and there are photos Spesh. I didn’t put them up because I thought everyone would have seen them .
Edit : Sorry , just noticed Fruend had already replied

Last edited:
They have been training in the stadium and there are photos Spesh. I didn’t put them up because I thought everyone would have seen them .
They have been training in the new stadium but making it your home needs competitive games and familiarity. Some comments about the slippery surface last night .

Eriksen at his poorest run of games still manages a solid half where he assists and scores, showing us how vital he is to our play. Lloris makes 2 incredible saves in 2 minutes to keep us up.

I read a lot of comments on this forum wishing for their departure, be careful what you wish for.

So Eriksen scores a scrappy goal and has an assist which takes all of 2 minutes in a 90-minute match. Wow we! Where has he been for a dozen matches when we needed him to step up and help secure third place. On board the passenger train.

Well it was an incredible night and I thought we played well. If we had taken more of our chances it would have reflected how the game really was. Davies, Sissoko and Dele were immense for us.

3pts. 2 more goals on the GD. First game, first win in the furnace that is our new stadium. Emotional night.

Big win, lucky to have played a poor Palace team though they just weren't up for it.

I think we will be fine for top 4 now, we should only need to win our remaining home games to get it,

So Eriksen scores a scrappy goal and has an assist which takes all of 2 minutes in a 90-minute match. Wow we! Where has he been for a dozen matches when we needed him to step up and help secure third place. On board the passenger train.

Where has Kane been for the past 2 months?

Big win, lucky to have played a poor Palace team though they just weren't up for it.

I think we will be fine for top 4 now, we should only need to win our remaining home games to get it,

I don't think we were lucky. Palace worked hard but we kept them out of the game. We finally injected more aggression into our press and we stopped them playing. There were a lot of Palace players working really hard but cutting very frustrated figures because we were totally in control.

Great that we managed to stop the rot and now on an unbeaten run at our new home! (heh). I thought Poch was mad to have Davies and Rose on the left when Moura is raring to go after liverpud....go figure that decision FFS.

Still thankfully apart from the last 5 minutes, Palace were shite!

Don't move the goal posts, Pollo's total emphasis is on how great Eriksen was for 2 minutes in a 90-minute match we dominated!

I’m not. Your digging out a player who apparently has no shown for a while, why is the same bit being applied for Kane?