Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace FC (The Eagles) NEW STADIUM INAUGURAL | Page 13 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace FC (The Eagles) NEW STADIUM INAUGURAL

When you factor in his age I don't care what Palace want pay them the money. He is the real deal mate. I hope he fell in love with his new home ground. He is exactly what we need. Offer them 40 mbcash and Edwards. I think that might give them pause. Sorry this post was aimed at Pjones regards Aaron Wan-bissaka

Post Eriksen, I'd love to see a midfield 3 of Doucoure, Neves and Dele with Moura, Son and Kane ahead and Wan Bissaka flying down the right from full-back. Won't ever happen as we won't pay the money for Doucoure, Neves and Wan-Bissaka.

I'd settle for Doucoure and Wan-Bissaka though and use Winks in the centre.
I'm going to need a toweldownload.jpeg

None of them 3 are good enough to win a title. Fine as squad players. We need to spend some money on a Doucoure, Ndombele type DM.
I've been trumpeting Ndombele for at least a year now so I would be delighted to see him in a spurs shirt, but while we might bring in one of that type of midfield player we certainly won't be bringing in three. Beside I wouldn't say Jordan Henderson is much better than our three and Liverpool could well win the title, so clearly it's about having the right mix. IMO Dier of two years ago was a better player than Henderson, so we need to get him back to that level.

Agree with Muttley,as usual.Dele in midfield shows how versatile & bright this young man is.Eriksen back where he belongs sitting behind the front men.What a class act this little Dane is.To let him go would reduce Spurs to a hardworking but ordinary team. He is the pearl in our oyster.

Agree with Muttley,as usual.Dele in midfield shows how versatile & bright this young man is.Eriksen back where he belongs sitting behind the front men.What a class act this little Dane is.To let him go would reduce Spurs to a hardworking but ordinary team. He is the pearl in our oyster.
It's not really a case of 'letting him go' though is it. He wants out and has been putting in performances that back that up for some time now sadly!

I've been trumpeting Ndombele for at least a year now so I would be delighted to see him in a spurs shirt, but while we might bring in one of that type of midfield player we certainly won't be bringing in three. Beside I wouldn't say Jordan Henderson is much better than our three and Liverpool could well win the title, so clearly it's about having the right mix. IMO Dier of two years ago was a better player than Henderson, so we need to get him back to that level.

He is to bulky these days. His head was turned by United and I can't see that mentality ever coming back.

Eriksen at his poorest run of games still manages a solid half where he assists and scores, showing us how vital he is to our play. Lloris makes 2 incredible saves in 2 minutes to keep us up.

I read a lot of comments on this forum wishing for their departure, be careful what you wish for.
Pollo, you like many seem to think that when a keeper makes a save then all his stuff ups are forgotten. When Eriksen finally decides to do his job, what we pay him to do week in week out, the all is forgotten.
If my employees do not contribute positively then they are counselled. If it continues then a plan is activated and monitored. If no improvement then some serious decisions must be made. At Spurs, we reward crapness with auto select.
I’m sick of it. They need to fight for their position, each and everyone of them. That’s the only way to get close to each player giving their all.

Pollo, you like many seem to think that when a keeper makes a save then all his stuff ups are forgotten. When Eriksen finally decides to do his job, what we pay him to do week in week out, the all is forgotten.
If my employees do not contribute positively then they are counselled. If it continues then a plan is activated and monitored. If no improvement then some serious decisions must be made. At Spurs, we reward crapness with auto select.
I’m sick of it. They need to fight for their position, each and everyone of them. That’s the only way to get close to each player giving their all.

Said it countless of times, this metaphor is getting old. Comparing the contract situation and performance of players and coaches to average Joes is really a weak argument.

But let's go with your employee metaphor.

If you choose to understaff your team because you fail to identify talent or refuse to pay them, if you let the best talent you had leave without replacing them, if you require your team to perform tasks they are not trained for, if you overwork your employees and require them to work overtime, weekend and holiday breaks, if you communicate to the team that the CEO wants out at all costs, then really it is 100% your fault that your staff is underperforming.

With everything that happened to the club and players all the way starting from the WC, our performance has dropped across the board.

Eriksen still leads the team in every passing stat, he makes the most key passes, creates the most chances, and by the way - already surpassed last year's assist count.

He achieved that despite Dele being out most of the season and playing in front of the worst CM pairing I remember, constantly asked by the manager to plug their holes.

Eriksen has been poor the last couple of months, no denying that, but that alone scares the hell out of me - the affect his drop in form has on the team is undeniable, even scary.

I stand by what I said, be careful what you wish for. Come summer he will leave and we will have to fill the void.

Just look at what some posters here said about Sissoko when he joined - he will provide a huge attacking threat, goals and assists and the ability to pass players at will, giving us a dimension we don't have. He was supposed to be our number 1 attacking player, the Messiah, thankfully we still have the much slated Eriksen and Dele.

If you think it's easy to replace players of this caliber, reality does hit hard...

Said it countless of times, this metaphor is getting old. Comparing the contract situation and performance of players and coaches to average Joes is really a weak argument.

But let's go with your employee metaphor.

If you choose to understaff your team because you fail to identify talent or refuse to pay them, if you let the best talent you had leave without replacing them, if you require your team to perform tasks they are not trained form if you overwork your employees with overtime, weekend and holiday breaks, if you communicate to the team that the CEO wants out at all costs, then really it is 100% your fault that your staff is underperforming.

With everything that happened to the club and players all the way starting from the WC, our performance has dropped across the board.

Eriksen still leads the team in every passing stat, he makes the most key passes, creates the most chances, and by the way - already surpassed last year's assist count.

He achieved that despite Dele being out most of the season and playing in front of the worst CM pairing I remember, constantly asked by the manager to plug their holes.

Eriksen has been poor the last couple of months, no denying that, but that alone scares the hell out of me - the affect his drop in form has on the team is undeniable, even scary.

I stand by what I said, be careful what you wish for. Come summer he will leave and we will have to fill the void.

Just look at what some posters here said about Sissoko when he joined - he will provide a huge attacking threat, goals and assists and the ability to pass players at will, giving us a dimension we don't have. He was supposed to be our number 1 attacking player, the Messiah, thankfully we still have the much slated Eriksen and Dele.

If you think it's easy to replace players of this caliber, reality does hit hard...
Spot on IMO.

10Hoddle,I think you'll find that Eriksen has been on £50k a week & has given us great service for some years.I'm grateful for what he has done for us on a relatively modest wage.It's a shame some fans are giving him a kicking.I wonder if Man Utd fans are so vicious in their abuse of Sanchez who is on £ 500k a week & has done sweet fanny adams for Utd.Give me Eriksen any day of the week.

In fairness Greavesie, the cream of the club have all had several salary/contract reviewes, e.g., Dele and Harry. Their reviews have been quite frequent and now they sit atop the remuneration pyramid at Spurs. Of course it was based on performance. There is nothing to say the Eriksen didn't have similar regular offers made to him from a few years back. In refusing to agree, it is possible that he had made up his mind on using us as a stepping stone a few seasons ago?

So the 'modest' 50k may not be entirely club's fault. Now we are unable to compensate for 'lost earnings'. So he's as good as gone.

I saw this explained in one of the papers, basically, seats form the barrier between home and away supporters so for a football match there wont ever be a 62000 sell out. :(

There you go:
https://www.skysports.com/football/...aiming-to-increase-attendances-at-new-stadium

In summary: "...........Spurs say this was due to a number of factors, including segregation between home and away fans, television camera positions and the fact that some seating areas have not opened yet."

Why is he an auto select?

Because the squad is in a terrible place

If he wasn’t giving his all he wouldn’t be tipping the distance covered/ball recoveries.