Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace FC (The Eagles) NEW STADIUM INAUGURAL | Page 12 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace FC (The Eagles) NEW STADIUM INAUGURAL

I’m not. Your digging out a player who apparently has no shown for a while, why is the same bit being applied for Kane?

You are. My post was in response to Pollo's who did not mention Kane, until you bought him into the discussion. No doubt to take the heat of he shall not be criticised Eriksen.

I'll give Poch some credit last night. Playing Rose where he did was absolutely the right choice. When you setup against a team like Palace you have to stretch them across the pitch. Rose was industrious, got totally stuck in and he eliminated their attacking threat of Wan Bissaka. He stopped him from being tucked in alongside his centre halves. Nobody can convince me that Moura or Son in that wide area would have played with as much discipline. By stretching them, it also gave Trippier freedom on the other side and players like Eriksen more time on the ball in the middle.

Setting up with Son and Moura narrower probably wouldn't have worked especially with their tendency to switch off defensively. Son did that for their early chance when he stood their planted as Tomkins had already had an aerial tussle with Kane and he was able to move 10 yards and have a second bite as Son hadn't even moved to ensure we won an easy ball. Once he saw Tomkins coming he didn't even compete for the header and they ended up goal-side on Toby and should have scored. I know I keep banging this drum but Son needs to learn these lessons and grow a pair.

Playing Dele in deep lying midfield was also spot on. You can't tame Sissoko. He hasn't got the brain to stay in there and protect the back line but will bomb around all over the pitch destroying the opposition with his work rate. Dele played with a ton of maturity last night and proved what an asset he is to the club. That allowed Eriksen to play further up and you could see he started to look the part again.

For me, tactics spot on but our finishing wasn't. In fact we passed when we should have shot and shot when we should have passed about 5 times. That's worrying.

Nice summing up Muttley, I've only seen the Sky highlights but agree with your view on the game.

I'll give Poch some credit last night. Playing Rose where he did was absolutely the right choice. When you setup against a team like Palace you have to stretch them across the pitch. Rose was industrious, got totally stuck in and he eliminated their attacking threat of Wan Bissaka. He stopped him from being tucked in alongside his centre halves. Nobody can convince me that Moura or Son in that wide area would have played with as much discipline. By stretching them, it also gave Trippier freedom on the other side and players like Eriksen more time on the ball in the middle.

Setting up with Son and Moura narrower probably wouldn't have worked especially with their tendency to switch off defensively. Son did that for their early chance when he stood their planted as Tomkins had already had an aerial tussle with Kane and he was able to move 10 yards and have a second bite as Son hadn't even moved to ensure we won an easy ball. Once he saw Tomkins coming he didn't even compete for the header and they ended up goal-side on Toby and should have scored. I know I keep banging this drum but Son needs to learn these lessons and grow a pair.

Playing Dele in deep lying midfield was also spot on. You can't tame Sissoko. He hasn't got the brain to stay in there and protect the back line but will bomb around all over the pitch destroying the opposition with his work rate. Dele played with a ton of maturity last night and proved what an asset he is to the club. That allowed Eriksen to play further up and you could see he started to look the part again.

For me, tactics spot on but our finishing wasn't. In fact we passed when we should have shot and shot when we should have passed about 5 times. That's worrying.

Dele played his usual ponderous game, 'shall I dwell on the ball a little longer photographer's I want to make sure you have taken enough photos of me'. I'm glad Poch chose to remove him from the pitch.

I agree with you there Muttley. My initial impression was why Dele was playing deeper when he 'likes' the lime light role of AM and his demeanour reflected that, having to play simple game of tippy tappy distribution.

Like Richmond say, when he did enter the 'lime light; area, he boobed and dived. I guess he was tasked with a Dier role and he didn't like it!

Muttley is bang on about Dele. He's matured massively this season and has the brains to be able to revert back to CM and do a job. He basically did what Winks does for us. We did miss Dele's cutting runs into the box as not only do they normal get him good scoring chances, they also help free up more space for Kane.

Poch got the tactics bang on. The Rose-Davies partnership worked really well down the left. A couple of good chances started with them but both still need to up their game with their final balls.

You are. My post was in response to Pollo's who did not mention Kane, until you bought him into the discussion. No doubt to take the heat of he shall not be criticised Eriksen.
...says the person who no matter what the thread is about, always mentions Lamela! :lol:

Got to say last night Sissoko was good. Can't pass or shoot but he can break up play. The bad points of the game is again Trippier. He is useless. When you compare him to Aaron wan-Bissaka there is know comparison. Last night I prayed that I had watched our next right back. I don't know what anyone else thought,but for me he was the best player on the pitch and the best right back I have seen for years.
Again though apart from his goal Eriksson was rubbish. As was Dele. Hugo was very good as was Toby and Vert.Harry worked his socks off and played some very good balls and was a constant threat as was Son but he was a bit too greedy for me .
The stadium was fantastic and my son's my wife's my daughter's and my seats are fantastic.cost a fortune but worth it.

I agree with a lot of the points made by muttley, I do think we could play with both Son and Moura along side Kane. Liverpool pretty much play with 3 up front, but to do this we need three industrious midfield players like pool have.
If we had a fit and firing Wanyama alongside Winksey and Dier maybe it might work.

Actually, I'm not going to be too critical of Trips. He did a pretty good job of keeping their best attacking talent, Zaha, quiet so much so that the Palace player lost the plot in the 2nd half. Trips did what he was told and stayed very wide to stretch them and it worked. He was mostly great in possession and got a few good crosses in.

He did switch off a couple of times near the end though.

In total agreement with pjones on Wan-Bissaka though. In our kit, he would have had a field day last night. Instead he had the toughest job and came through it with a bunch of credit.

Muttley is bang on about Dele. He's matured massively this season and has the brains to be able to revert back to CM and do a job. He basically did what Winks does for us. We did miss Dele's cutting runs into the box as not only do they normal get him good scoring chances, they also help free up more space for Kane.

Poch got the tactics bang on. The Rose-Davies partnership worked really well down the left. A couple of good chances started with them but both still need to up their game with their final balls.

I think if Alli had an out and out DM next to him he could be a really good box to box CM. He has the engine on him and is still young. He is wasted further up the pitch.

Would save us a shed load of money as well. For next season Alli as the CM a new DM brought in.

Still seeing Kanes future as the number 10 which could well be Eriksens replacement.

I agree with a lot of the points made by muttley, I do think we could play with both Son and Moura along side Kane. Liverpool pretty much play with 3 up front, but to do this we need three industrious midfield players like pool have.
If we had a fit and firing Wanyama alongside Winksey and Dier maybe it might work.

None of them 3 are good enough to win a title. Fine as squad players. We need to spend some money on a Doucoure, Ndombele type DM.

None of them 3 are good enough to win a title. Fine as squad players. We need to spend some money on a Doucoure, Ndombele type DM.

Post Eriksen, I'd love to see a midfield 3 of Doucoure, Neves and Dele with Moura, Son and Kane ahead and Wan Bissaka flying down the right from full-back. Won't ever happen as we won't pay the money for Doucoure, Neves and Wan-Bissaka.

I'd settle for Doucoure and Wan-Bissaka though and use Winks in the centre.

Any discussion about the game or should we move to the transfer thread?