Match Thread. | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread.

Now i have the opportunity to watch every game, so I feel I can comfortably judge performances... can someone pls tell if Dougies football was worse then this?....judging till now...we need at least 10 new players ...of quality...as from the midfield up we have no one...no one that can string three passes in succession...for most of the time Swamsea were taking the piss...even their keeper was passing to his defenders whilst our players tried to press him...somehow we win the ball..nd after two passes the ball return to a white shirt...

Now i have the opportunity to watch every game, so I feel I can comfortably judge performances... can someone pls tell if Dougies football was worse then this?....judging till now...we need at least 10 new players ...of quality...as from the midfield up we have no one...no one that can string three passes in succession...for most of the time Swamsea were taking the piss...even their keeper was passing to his defenders whilst our players tried to press him...somehow we win the ball..nd after two passes the ball return to a white shirt...
Potter is trying to get them to play as he knows their season is over and wants that philosophy ingrained now.However MON sees that mixing it gives us the best chance now of reaching the play offs.His long term plans ........who knows?

I was talking to the resident artist, Pebble
You're not asking about my past drug use are you?

I'd have to pass...the spliff (but that was many years ago).

Artworks progressing nicely, paintings of the Trip and Green's Mill done. may need to try one of Trent bridge and the WFCG.

See what happens to any team when you lose your best two players...

Case in point- Ipswich

Mmmm not sure I completely agree. Yes of course losing your best two players has an impact, but I’d go as far as to say that we pretty much rely on Lolley for everything from a goal scoring point of view.

It’s got to a point now where I look about the team and unless somebody gives the ball to Lolley, I’m almost certain that nothing will happen. Im
Not sure that there are many teams in the league who are as reliant on one man as we are.

No - all I said was I haven't seen a team of cynical thugs playing for us over the past ten years.

I challenged you to pit the evidence of your own eyes against the stats you quote, but you've never said whether you really believe we've been that bad for all that time.

Because incidents in isolation are irrelevant nonsense contrasted to the whole. It's the tactics the far right use to justify their prejudice. Besides which individual incidents you disregard because somehow Robinson being caught cheating is worse than Roofe not. Ho hum.

No he didn't. Not at all. What on earth were eyou listening to?

He said he wanted to improve the play and improve the passing and general football but it takes time and players.

He didn't say it directly but the inference to me was that they are working on that in the long term and for the short term on easy fixes and easy goals like set pieces
Yeah, but in meantime we are just gonna play negative hoofball, with 8 defensive players on the pitch. We have the players to play attacking football, we have seen enough this season. But he chooses not to, cos that's his prefered style! MON''s idea of going for it is to have 8 defensive players behind the ball at home and hope to catch them on the break, with no connection between the midfield and the front three!

That is utter bollocks and a narrative that was created as a smoke screen. We have cheated and had as many blind eyes turned, as any other team. Ipswich, we should have been down to 10 men, arguably today as well. We have been very fortunate but we will always harp on about Keemar fucking Roofe and Preston. Its bull shit

Spot on and it's a dirty Leeds narrative which should be beneath us.

Dougie's football was far more effective, cos we had the pace to play proper counter attacking football and was far better than this shite, with a far worse squad!

If i was Marinakis I'd be thinking do i trust MON with my money in the summer. Some of the football is awful.

I'm hoping the lack of activity on the Baggies/Jovanovic front is down to us also offering him what he wants in the summer.

Sounds bonkers considering we're two points off the play offs but I'll be staggered it we finish top 6. I'll say it again..... Awful football.

Because incidents in isolation are irrelevant nonsense contrasted to the whole. It's the tactics the far right use to justify their prejudice. Besides which individual incidents you disregard because somehow Robinson being caught cheating is worse than Roofe not. Ho hum.
WTF has our debate got to do with the far right?

You have consistently equated isolated incidents (Robinson diving at Boro which did us no favours) with other incidents (Roofe's handball goal in the last minute which affected the result) and FPL tables based on ref's subjective decisions.

You still haven't said whether you actually believe we've been the dirtiest team in the league over the past 10 years.

Can any of you imagine this lot in the Premier League ? I can't.

Apart from that bit of pessimism I always enjoy the Match thread, gives me a real insight into what's happening on the field and on top of that you chaps who normally instigate the thread provide the sort of info that I normally don't get.

Thanks. :thumbup:

Apart from that bit of pessimism I always enjoy the Match thread, gives me a real insight into what's happening on the field and on top of that you chaps who normally instigate the thread provide the sort of info that I normally don't get.

I don't want to imagine it ORF. It'd be too painful.

Spent most of the match saying we weren't good enough to go up.

But we dug out a win. I'm sure we'd need some additions if we went up, but we'd also have more money.

Pants might be OK. Benalouane and Milosevic/Wague might actually not be too bad. (Dawson maybe too old but lots of Prem experience, Fig also might do OK). Carvalho, Lolley, Cash and Grabban should be good enough, and we'd be able to afford Colback.