Match Thread. | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread.

Someone earlier said that fans around them left the ground unhappy yesterday! I can't believe that. I can tell you that everyone around me in the upper TE was absolutely delighted and punching the air with the win, because that's the most important thing. We weren't bothered that it wasn't champagne football - after all there's always the hope that it will get better next time. Fans thought; well we made hard work of that and were lucky - but we actually WON. Let's get over it...

A bloke sat behind me - in the lower TE - left about a minute after the equalizer, I couldn't believe it!

Didn't hear anyone moaning about winning, but my mates and I couldn't believe we'd come away with a win.

But it's what he inferred! Anyway he says alot of things and does the complete opposite! He took over a good team/squad with a decent way of playing and totally dismantled it and after 12 games we just play horrible defensive kick and rush football. The days of us playing teams off the park are sadly gone!

Only for the next few games I hope. Agree with forests post. If he is here next season I would expect different

Bits in the news today about a change of transfer strategy. Tommy Johnston (I assume this is the old Notts County player who's goals took County up in to the old Div I).

Anyone know what TJ has been doing the past 10 years to get the label of talent scout. I assume he is concentrating on trawling the youth/U23 set ups for talent in UK. Whoever came up with Wague (scores every 67 mins) Pele, Milosovic and Bene needs to be taken notice of.

Bits in the news today about a change of transfer strategy. Tommy Johnston (I assume this is the old Notts County player who's goals took County up in to the old Div I).

Anyone know what TJ has been doing the past 10 years to get the label of talent scout. I assume he is concentrating on trawling the youth/U23 set ups for talent in UK. Whoever came up with Wague (scores every 67 mins) Pele, Milosovic and Bene needs to be taken notice of.

Yep - the very same.

TJ is tasked with sourcing 'home grown' talent, which he has done for numerous clubs over the last few years.

I was hoping that Bonatini would be just as good, but not really fitting into the MON formation.

Tommy Johnston was a great left winger for Notts,he always looked slow but had a very deceptive burst of speed and was great to watch. That's in the old style 5 man forward line of course, before the time of you young blokes. And he used his brain as well. Every time I saw him I was wishing he played for us.
Sounds like good news that he's helping us out now.

I don't duck it, it's just irrelevant - we have control over our behaviour, not others. Justification for poor conduct because others do it is a refuge of the vigilante thug.

Oh by and large we have been worse, as the tables clearly show. Sorry again for using evidence rather than bias, I appreciate you don't value facts. Cool you don't consider me a Forest fan because I don't make irrational excuses for poor behaviour or performances. I consider you a lickspittle without the wit to differentiate between good and bad. Fandom isn't unquestioning loyalty, that's for the weak minded, incapable of rational analysis.
But strangely, you use bias rather than evidence (or as I'd say 'the evidence of your own eyes rather than stats') when it suits you.

Forest win 3-0 and all you can say is that the other side had a good penalty shout at 0-0 - from which you leap to the conclusions that

it was a penalty

they would have scored it

we wouldn't have come back

You saw it as a boring performance until we scored, and that's fine. You have every right to criticise what you see as a negative style of play. The facts still show a 3-0 win.

Just as I have every right to say 'Hang about - Forest clearly aren't the dirtiest side in the league so the fair play tables are suspect'. But whenever I ask if you really think we're that dirty, you refer me to the fair play league rather than sharing your own experience.

It's all subjective in the end, and we can agree to differ - but don't pretend the facts are all on your side.

But strangely, you use bias rather than evidence (or as I'd say 'the evidence of your own eyes rather than stats') when it suits you.

Forest win 3-0 and all you can say is that the other side had a good penalty shout at 0-0 - from which you leap to the conclusions that

it was a penalty

they would have scored it

we wouldn't have come back

You saw it as a boring performance until we scored, and that's fine. You have every right to criticise what you see as a negative style of play. The facts still show a 3-0 win.

Just as I have every right to say 'Hang about - Forest clearly aren't the dirtiest side in the league so the fair play tables are suspect'. But whenever I ask if you really think we're that dirty, you refer me to the fair play league rather than sharing your own experience.

It's all subjective in the end, and we can agree to differ - but don't pretend the facts are all on your side.

I've been explicit, yes we are one of the worst sides in the game in terms of breaking the rules and poor sportsmanship. What exactly is confusing you? We dive, cynically foul, harangue the referee, time waste etc etc.

The evidence backs me up also and has done for a decade.

Lol at I don't agree with something therefore the evidence is fake. You've been watching too much Trump.

It was boring for 70 minutes, anyone bar a lickspittle has said so. The 20 after I got excited about and hoped we might strike a balance between MON's percentage football instincts and something more progressive. Sadly not, we've reverted to type. Men behind the ball, bypass the midfield, hope Lolley creates something or we nick one from a set piece.

You're also conflating two issues, the point of the penalty discussion was largely to show that decisions are swings and roundabouts. There isn't a forum going without a conspiracy nut or two like you convinced everyone is out to get their team.