Sjoke 3 points ? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Sjoke 3 points ?

Gammons???
They boo him because he is an ex player.
Others may boo him because he backed a murderous terroist organisation.
Nothing to do with free Tommy or in support of the scum bag.
Others may boo him because of his poppy stance.
What are[/
Gammons???
They boo him because he is an ex player.
Others may boo him because he backed a murderous terroist organisation.
Nothing to do with free Tommy or in support of the scum bag.
Others may boo him because of his poppy stance.
What are

Booing a former player of the season is a bit weird, especially considering he was one of the few players who actually tried in arguably our worst ever season in the Football League.

The other two reasons you list are a bit silly and hyperbolic, to be honest.

Not to mention his infinite contributions to the local community, charities and work with disabled youngsters at Wigan and his other clubs since. Thankfully it was a minority that have been wholely condemned on social media.

I watched I think boring covers it

Watching it from afar & the time difference etc ......fair play, but to be there was a different level...not just boring & may not have come across on TV as it did in the stadium...it was def boring, devoid of passion, commitment & any desire which I'm afraid to say has to be chalked down to our man on the touchline...PC who wanted nothing but to not lose regardless.

Awful crowd tonight. Dropping below 10k too often this season. Folk turned off by the awful football? Bad prices? What’s going on?

Awful crowd tonight. Dropping below 10k too often this season. Folk turned off by the awful football? Bad prices? What’s going on?

Definitely the awful football.

The style of football we are playing at the moment is a mixture of Caldwell's boring back pass shite with Joyce's complete and utter negativity and a dollop of Mackay's soul destroying hoof ball. All in all a recipe for disaster.

The sooner we get rid of this stubborn fraud, then the better.

Last edited:
In a glass half full perspective... We have reached the same points total this month than in January and December combined, unbeaten this month and still to play Ipswich at home. 8 points this month can be incredibly helpful, no matter how we got them.

In a glass half empty perspective... We have played awful (at best, borderline mediocre) this month against 3 of the 'easiest' fixtures left.

We had 2 or 3 reasonable chances early on. Jacobs sliced one off the outside of his foot from a good position, then we had a couple of occasions where we pulled the ball back behind the attackers. If we'd taken one of those we could have built on it.

As it was we ended up with Morsy especially, dropping a bit too deep to collect the ball. He was almost an extra centre half at times. I think the James in midfield experiment has run it's course now.

Last night was a case of what might have been, but I'm sure Stoke could say that too. When you look at their teamsheet, you can't help but wonder why they are in the bottom half of the table.

We now have over a week till the next match. We should have a clean bill of health and with Fox back, Powell hopefully fit to start, and James at full back we have the potential, on the face of it, to have a decent run now.

We gave up trying to win the game after about 60 mins and showed no urgency. For me that’s the biggest disappointment, we should be trying to win every game no matter who the opposition are. The ‘small club’ mentality is pissing me off. All this ‘little wigan’ bollocks and ‘they paid £10 million for x, y and z’. We fucking beat Man City last season. Fair enough, if something isn’t working make a change, but don’t set up just to avoid defeat. If we continue just trying to avoid losing we could soon get drawn into the bottom 3.

Ah yes selective memory strikes again

We had 2 or 3 reasonable chances early on. Jacobs sliced one off the outside of his foot from a good position, then we had a couple of occasions where we pulled the ball back behind the attackers. If we'd taken one of those we could have built on it.

As it was we ended up with Morsy especially, dropping a bit too deep to collect the ball. He was almost an extra centre half at times. I think the James in midfield experiment has run it's course now.

Last night was a case of what might have been, but I'm sure Stoke could say that too. When you look at their teamsheet, you can't help but wonder why they are in the bottom half of the table.

We now have over a week till the next match. We should have a clean bill of health and with Fox back, Powell hopefully fit to start, and James at full back we have the potential, on the face of it, to have a decent run now.
Good, balanced post there Harold, good to see!

Sjokes form before last nights game was pretty poor. 1 win in ten in all comps, goalless in last three league games. An under pressure inexperienced manager at this level to boot. As such whilst i wouldnt go so far to say they were there for the taking, they certainly weren't a team to fear and give so much respect to. For me our mentality to go out and win the game wasn't there and as per Saturday the focus was about not losing rather than winning. When you consider we're unlikely to pick up more than a point, maybe two, away from home between now and season end we have to going all out for the points at home. This turgid, fearful approach has to change. The change from how we approached the start of the season and how we play is quite marked - and not in a good way.

Is that the same turgid approach we adopted in our last two home games against Villa and QPR? Our focus was on winning last night just as it was in the last 2 home games. The difference was we didn't play as well as we did in the last two games and the opposition played better than previous opposition. Although Stoke haven't been in great form their new manager is slowly starting to turn things around and you could see last night there's still a good team in there somewhere. There problem is that this season they haven't been up for the battle but last night they clearly were. We didn't roll over for them they just matched us with work rate and had a little bit of extra quality which they should have considereing the money they have spent and wages they pay. They have beaten Leeds recently, they are no mugs. We still have one of the best home records in the league, it's hardly been turgid. 7 points from the last 9 at home.

We came out in the first 20 minutes last night and were the better team and created chances but credit to Stoke they fought and came back into it. Same in the 2nd half, first 20 mins we were better than them then they came back into it and finished stronger. Over the 90 mins both teams cancelled each other out and a draw was fair. Although we didn't create much Jones only had the one save to make from the free kick and then there was the McClean chance, which, incidentally, was offside.

Decent point, move on.

Is that the same turgid approach we adopted in our last two home games against Villa and QPR? Our focus was on winning last night just as it was in the last 2 home games. The difference was we didn't play as well as we did in the last two games and the opposition played better than previous opposition. Although Stoke haven't been in great form their new manager is slowly starting to turn things around and you could see last night there's still a good team in there somewhere. There problem is that this season they haven't been up for the battle but last night they clearly were. We didn't roll over for them they just matched us with work rate and had a little bit of extra quality which they should have considereing the money they have spent and wages they pay. They have beaten Leeds recently, they are no mugs. We still have one of the best home records in the league, it's hardly been turgid. 7 points from the last 9 at home.

We came out in the first 20 minutes last night and were the better team and created chances but credit to Stoke they fought and came back into it. Same in the 2nd half, first 20 mins we were better than them then they came back into it and finished stronger. Over the 90 mins both teams cancelled each other out and a draw was fair. Although we didn't create much Jones only had the one save to make from the free kick and then there was the McClean chance, which, incidentally, was offside.

Decent point, move on.

It's the same turgid approach we've employed in the majority of games since Octobe,up
especially away from home. Sadly it appears it's the same approach we are beginning to use at home. A big lump brought in up front to help with it.