Sjoke 3 points ? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sjoke 3 points ?

thought byrne had a decent game kipre shit his self every time he received the ball Naismith did well to clear of the line Morsey ok in midfield jones good in nets but needs to get it up field quicket that's about it

When are you going to learn how to spell Morsy ffs?
Are you really that numb?

Not boring at all, both teams could have won it but cancelled each other out in midfield.
Overall I am happy with the point as we could easily have lost it in the past.
Cook kept willing them to push up more but Stoke are a strong team in midfield and pushed us back for periods, end of first half in particular. Not negative tactics just a game where we were not at our best but stuck at it. Stoke pressed us hard and chased everything which gave us problems.
A typical lower end of league game where neither team played particularly well, on paper Stoke have a far better team than we do so to have taken 4 points off them with a 3-0 aggregate score is not a bad thing

We weren't great at times,.....but could easily have have 3 or 4 goals.

They have "a bright young Manager", a couple of £10m players and are littered with internationals. Plus, on the back of the emotion in their club from yesterday, they were probably pulling out all their tripe...... and more.

Joe Allen ran the show ........why wouldn't he ? ......but we competed.

If we wanted 4 points from these men and Ipswich, then we're half way there.

Not boring at all, both teams could have won it but cancelled each other out in midfield.
Overall I am happy with the point as we could easily have lost it in the past.
Cook kept willing them to push up more but Stoke are a strong team in midfield and pushed us back for periods, end of first half in particular. Not negative tactics just a game where we were not at our best but stuck at it. Stoke pressed us hard and chased everything which gave us problems.
A typical lower end of league game where neither team played particularly well, on paper Stoke have a far better team than we do so to have taken 4 points off them with a 3-0 aggregate score is not a bad thing

KM in my opinion it was not only boring but totally devoid of any desire on our part ....we were after all the home team & Stoke aren't exactly setting the league on fire. Yes they have quality in terms of ££££ in their squad but we just gave them acres of time & space....PC out of his depth...but that's only my opinion & u obv have urs.

Thankfully the more reasonable and unbiased Twitter voices largely agree Naismith was again one of the top performers tonight.

Main observations

1) Still hold that relinquishing Grigg without a suitable replacement could be our great mistake. Neither Clarke or Garner I think are really up to much, while the likes of Reading have acquired a player in Oliveira that should consistently get them goals.

2) Shame about the Gammons from our own fanbase booing James McClean, don’t they have a #FreeTommy rally to be attending?
Gammons???
They boo him because he is an ex player.
Others may boo him because he backed a murderous terroist organisation.
Nothing to do with free Tommy or in support of the scum bag.
Others may boo him because of his poppy stance.
What are

A barely deserved point.

I wonder if Cook believes they were unplayable second half as we hardly laid a glove on them in an attacking sense. We were playing sjoke not Barca, yet had no urgency or desire to go and pick up three points. Clarke was shite, windarse not far behind, pilkington not great, Jacobs looked lost. The approach was pitiful when you consider we can only play and pick up wins at home.

A barely deserved point.

I wonder if Cook believes they were unplayable second half as we hardly laid a glove on them in an attacking sense. We were playing sjoke not Barca, yet had no urgency or desire to go and pick up three points. Clarke was shite, windarse not far behind, pilkington not great, Jacobs looked lost. The approach was pitiful when you consider we can only play and pick up wins at home.
The approach is very reminiscent of Yoothas period of management but with the players we have available it neednt be. The only player missing from the front four is Grigg now.

Oh and what was that Morsy booking all about, absolutely scandalous decision it was a clean tackle.
You're right, but to be fair, I reckon he was one of the better refs we've had this season.

I think he gave it cos Morsy went in with studs up a little....... even if he did get the ball first.

We gave up trying to win the game after about 60 mins and showed no urgency. For me that’s the biggest disappointment, we should be trying to win every game no matter who the opposition are. The ‘small club’ mentality is pissing me off. All this ‘little wigan’ bollocks and ‘they paid £10 million for x, y and z’. We fucking beat Man City last season. Fair enough, if something isn’t working make a change, but don’t set up just to avoid defeat. If we continue just trying to avoid losing we could soon get drawn into the bottom 3.

Decent point, could have even nicked it.
Naismith was reasonable but Morsy my man of the match. Jones was commanding , big game next at home when we do need to go for it.

You're right, but to be fair, I reckon he was one of the better refs we've had this season.

I think he gave it cos Morsy went in with studs up a little....... even if he did get the ball first.

He was one of the better refs but I thought that was a shocking decision.

Allen was lucky not to get a first yellow (doubt he would have made the challenge for the one he did get) for a blatant pullback, for some reason issuing cards for this offence seems very hit and miss this season.

Th10, if beating Man City is your benchmark, then I reckon you're in for a lot of disappointment.

Any road...... we don't have Perkins any more.

We are too slow and have no creativity, are jittery at the back and lacking up front.....worried!