January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts | Page 47 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts

That leaves us with 17 players for Saturday. Looks like Adebayo-Smith and McCombe will be called upon for the bench if we don't get at least one of our targets this week.

That leaves us with 17 players for Saturday. Looks like Adebayo-Smith and McCombe will be called upon for the bench if we don't get at least one of our targets this week.
It would be very surprising we let Crookes go today without a signing or 2 definately this week.Even if he was just on bench saturday.

Mark Whiley seems to think signings are very likely this week, which would make sense with Bolger and O'Hara not being in the current side's respective squads on Saturday.

Mark Whiley seems to think signings are very likely this week, which would make sense with Bolger and O'Hara not being in the current side's respective squads on Saturday.
That would suggest they are both on the move shortly, but not necessarily to us. I thought Danny's comments about agents in Thursday's press conference were very interesting: it is possible something may have happened with an agent over one of those potential transfers because he was very scathing and seemed exasperated.

It would be very surprising we let Crookes go today without a signing or 2 definately this week.Even if he was just on bench saturday.

Forest recalled him and sent him straight to Port Vale. I doubt we had a say in the matter.

So we have freed up 2 loan spaces in the club with Slocombe and now Crookes leaving plus Luque gone. I would expect some movement on incomings this week

You would be amazed if it didnt happen.
If it didn't happen, or if it didn't happen this week? There's a difference - Danny has commented on the present position, and the only relevant timescale is the end of the month.

Slocombe, Crookes and Luque are almost irrelevant as player losses - they were not in contention for a first team place anyway.

Danny has also said that things can change quickly in the transfer window. For instance, when your first choice left winger is out for 3 games...

And I hope the replacements for sloco, Coombes and lord luque [and Mensah?] are a bit more relevant in first team terms.