The Tammy Abraham Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Tammy Abraham Thread

Welcome, Tammy and good luck at the Villa.

He scored 24 goals while on loan at Bristol City and 20 league goals would do for me.

I wonder if SB is actually thinking of playing both him and Kodjia as a pair or with Kodjia on the wing?

Just noticed this post on the first page, I bet none of would’ve thought he’d be over half way there after 16 games!

It does feel like things are starting to click.

Apparently Tammy was listed in Chelsea's 25 man squad for this season and because he is also listed in ours as well he you can't be listed for more than 2 teams ,so if that is right , a move to another club is a no no.

I thought they actually had to make an appearance for that to apply?

Also Abraham wouldn’t have been included on Chelsea’s Official squad list as he’d be classed as an under 21 player - unless they have recently changed the rules

Funny how we all see the game differently.

Kodjia - class once every 6 games when fit,
Davis - not a natural goalscorer, need to change shape to suit him
Hogan - barely touches the ball 10 times in a game, let alone be able to get and put away 4 goals in a game.

Tammy has brought so much to our team from his workrate to his link up play especially with Grealish. I think he’s been a breath of fresh air to the team, and he’ll only get better.

The formula going forward works, I think it would be a massive loss if he went personally.

I like Tammy but also do not think it would affect us if he left, just put Kodjia in the middle and with Bolassie, Adomahor l Ghazi either side, I think we would scire just as much and maybe more. Hope he does stay though as strength in depth will be vital

Not sure if I should put this in this thread or the transfer thread

The Mirror and the Sun are reporting that Tammy wants to cancel his loan after interest from various premier league clubs but I am fairly sure he can only play for Chelsea or Villa for the rest of the season due to the two teams in one season rule. Tammy played in the Charity Shield ( classed as a competitive game) and of course use.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...nsfer-news-live-manchester-liverpool-13798374

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...oan-fulham-bournemouth-huddersfield-brighton/

Does the two team rule apply ?
I ask because in the rules it say's "more than two teams in the same national championship".
Just wonder if the Premiership and Championship are regarded as different competitions.

Does the two team rule apply ?
I ask because in the rules it say's "more than two teams in the same national championship".
Just wonder if the Premiership and Championship are regarded as different competitions.

I'm not 100% sure of the rules but I believe it doesn't matter what competition they play in. The 1st time I heard of this rule was when Fulham tried to sign some French lad from rangers in a January window. He'd joined rangers in August and had already played a game in the French season so Fulham couldn't sign him.

Read that Wolves, Huddersfield, Burnley and Crystal Palace are interested in TA. Wow - the big clubs are hovering then. Time Villa showed their intent here, shore up the defence and get TA sorted.

Has he played for Chelsea, in a non-friendly, this season? If he has then I think he can only play for us or Chelsea.

He's doing a good job for us, but I think we can cope if he left.

This is always the problem with the loan system. You take a player and hes no good for you so hes a waste of wages. You get one who is a great success and the parent club want him back and you are back to square one.
We are lucky with Tammy in somuch as we have cover in that position, but probably not as good as him in the box. In any event you end up back at square one at the end of the season and have to start all over again as we did this year.
Good to cover injuries but no substitute for the cheque book or home grown players.

Be a huge blow if Abraham gets his head turned and moves to some lower prem club. Unthinkable to think glass ankles Hogan will fill the void left

Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season. This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America.

During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. However, a player may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season if he has moved between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (ie, start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring). This is only allowed if he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.

The Charity Shield is an official match and not a friendly so he has two choices either Aston Villa or Chelsea.

Last edited:
Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season. This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America.

During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. However, a player may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season if he has moved between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (ie, start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring). This is only allowed if he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.

The Charity Shield is an official match and not a friendly so he has two choices either Aston Villa or Chelsea.

Is the charity shield an “official game”? I am not sure it is recognised as such by FIFA

Smith says he has heard nothing from Chelsea and would be amazed if Tammy goes back as all parties are happy with how things are going.

Tammy btw is a proper striker. Can head it, makes great runs, scores headers, tap ins. Got the lot.