The Tammy Abraham Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Tammy Abraham Thread

This is only a story because he is scoring goals. I don't think they are the slightest bit interested in him. If Giroud and Morata get injured, maybe, but otherwise, he's ours for the season.

I'll worry when I see Smith picking Hogan ahead of him. Until then Keep Calm and Carry On.

Would it benefit Chelsea to take him back? Can't see how. They're doing OK at the moment, probably heading for 3rd in the PL. Don't think Tammy would make a difference to that. In the summer it's a different matter. Planning for next year it's quite possible Sarri would want him back. If not, then selling him (to us if we're in the PL) for a decent sum (which we'd be able to afford) also makes sense. But then, Sarri might see things differently.

It makes you wonder whether we ought to have bought Grabban. The £6 million Forest paid seems pretty good value now.

It makes you wonder whether we ought to have bought Grabban. The £6 million Forest paid seems pretty good value now.
At the time the club was broken to the core and facing administration. We had no chance of getting him or Johnstone.

If he stays, and I think he will, then I'm certain he's going to be the man that finally gets us 20+ league goals. It's ridiculous that Peter Withe was the last man to do that for us.

I think we may well have done if it werent for all our financial problems in the Summer. He had already signed for them before our takeover.

At the time the club was broken to the core and facing administration. We had no chance of getting him or Johnstone.
Also Grabban is already 30 years old so £6m for a player of that age is quite a gamble. I think he’s a top championship striker but he has proven to not be good enough in the premier league if we were to get promoted

If he stays, and I think he will, then I'm certain he's going to be the man that finally gets us 20+ league goals. It's ridiculous that Peter Withe was the last man to do that for us.
If he stays with us all season and remains fully fit I reckon he’d end up with closer to 30 goals than 20

As there are 46 games in this league 23 would be good anything above would be flying but I think he could do it in this side

At this stage of his career Abraham is a top end championship striker, while being a very low end premiership striker.
If he works with good coaches and concentrates, he may become that top end premiership striker.
We have a couple of other top end championship strikers in Kodjia and Hogan.
They both need game time to get fully match fit and to build some confidence, then they'll be banging in the goals.