Match Thread: Stevenage v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Stevenage v Lincoln City

a) Scott check which browser cache and clear it etc.
b) If you have a smart phone you could always use the Lincoln City App and thats good this season.

a) I will try that, thanks.
b) I have one but will need a five-year-old to set it up for me.

From the Stevenage forum sour grapes??
Football was the loser
By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)Today 17:14
Views: 66
Unfortunately the vile cheating tactics of Lincoln and their anti football approach to the game paid off for them.
I take comfort in the fact they are only where they are because of FA cup money, and once they've Spunked that they will free fall back to the Vauxhall conferenc

Bit of a sting from Mr Wasp?

Thanks, chaps......

ScotImp, CasperImp and johnolbe in the frame today, but Scotimp gets this one on -24, with Casper on -26 and johnoble half a length behind on -27.

Nicely done!!!! :bow::bow:

Football was the loser

It wasn't an attractive game and to be honest we did try and waste time wherever possible. As they would have in the same position.

However, in general play I don't know what he's on about. It's almost like many opposing fans have it in their head that's what they're going to sees. And so that's exactly what they see.

Curious. A syndrome that needs psychological analysis.

Football was the loser
Unfortunately the vile cheating tactics of Lincoln and their anti football approach to the game paid off for them.
I take comfort in the fact they are only where they are because of FA cup money, and once they've Spunked that they will free fall back to the Vauxhall conferenc

A nice local.
Worth saying reverse is true...we only got FA Cup money cos of where we are....

Football was the loser
Have spunked it, on a training ground, jog on Stevenage

Football was the loser
The Stevenage forum is not a pleasant place to be - painfully similar to nearby Luton Outlaws. The writer of that high quality piece obviously doesn't know what we have done with the FA Cup money; secondly, he does not realise how much we made last season in winning the Checkatrade and reaching the play-offs; thirdly how much we are set to make from the FA Cup this season; and does not say how he thinks a club with 9,000 gates is likely to fall back to the Conference (presumably before Stevenage with their 2,000 fans). Other than that, a very analytical and intelligent piece of writing...

It wasn't an attractive game and to be honest we did try and waste time wherever possible. As they would have in the same position.

However, in general play I don't know what he's on about. It's almost like many opposing fans have it in their head that's what they're going to sees. And so that's exactly what they see.

Curious. A syndrome that needs psychological analysis.

I think it already has been: confirmation bias.

Terrific performance today against a difficult side. Certainly not the most fluid of attacking games but it was unlikely to be against them. We scored at the right time. A nice move from Akinde and a nailed on penalty.

They reminded me of us of yesteryear, physical and difficult to play against, without masses of quality but bullying their way through games against the better teams. Fortunately we dealt with that and came out on top.

A great defensive display. Despite their possession, I never felt particularly threatened. Barring an unforced error, we were not conceding today.

Certainly on support lol

For me "Lge" or "non lge" is an intrinsic nature of a club not related to whichever division u may be in at a given time.
For our seasons in conference, we were always a Lge club fighting to get back there as are many of our fellow clubs still stuck down there.
Stevenage are a fine example of a non lge club playing in the football league.
FGR likewise.

An analogy is if u have a field of cows and a field of sheep and the cow gets sent into the sheep field for a year or more, it still remains a cow.
?

Last edited:
Attendance 3552
City Fans 1352
How come we have 1352 when we were only allocated 1300 with no tickets sold at the ground on the day

Good result and just what was needed however it was won. A bit galling I couldn’t make it especially as it is down my neck of the woods. However, duty calls.