Match Thread: Stevenage v Lincoln City | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Stevenage v Lincoln City

The best thing about the game was the result.

On commentary they were saying Stevenage dominated, but I'm not sure if you could reach that conclusion, the game - allowing for the windy conditions - was like ping pong.

We didn't help ourselves by failing to pass to our own players often enough when we got the ball but Stevenage didn't do that any better and to be honest they lacked guile.

There were a couple of panicky moments at the back but generally I didn't think they looked like scoring.

We got into a defensive mindset but it worked out well in the end, it was not the day for anything pretty.

Backs against the wall stuff. Top top defensive performance and a great three points. Sounds like we limited them to very few good chances. I think Danny and Nicky will be delighted with that performance. Still seems like something isn't preopely clicking in midfield going forward, but after a brilliant performance we'll leave that for another day. Only real concern are the injuries to Toff and Bruno, both key players. Fingers crossed nothing serious.

I think it was exactly what I predicted. But don’t take my word for it there might be 70 more saying the same thing.

The best thing about the game was the result.

On commentary they were saying Stevenage dominated, but I'm not sure if you could reach that conclusion, the game - allowing for the windy conditions - was like ping pong.

We didn't help ourselves by failing to pass to our own players often enough when we got the ball but Stevenage didn't do that any better and to be honest they lacked guile.

There were a couple of panicky moments at the back but generally I didn't think they looked like scoring.

We got into a defensive mindset but it worked out well in the end, it was not the day for anything pretty.

You struck a nice little sponsorship deal with the new pic????

From the Stevenage forum sour grapes??
Football was the loser
By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)Today 17:14
Views: 66
Unfortunately the vile cheating tactics of Lincoln and their anti football approach to the game paid off for them.
I take comfort in the fact they are only where they are because of FA cup money, and once they've Spunked that they will free fall back to the Vauxhall conferenc

From the Stevenage forum sour grapes??
Football was the loser
By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)Today 17:14
Views: 66
Unfortunately the vile cheating tactics of Lincoln and their anti football approach to the game paid off for them.
I take comfort in the fact they are only where they are because of FA cup money, and once they've Spunked that they will free fall back to the Vauxhall conferenc
Bit rich coming from a side who employed Westley, not once, but twice.