Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 24 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

I remember him coming to my mates house on a Friday night after he retired, He was working for the Villa pools, going round to houses getting the money in. I think he's done every job at Villa.

I know Sir Brian was due to go to the sty before his retirement but I am choosing to forgive him that.
My question is would he have got into the Championship winning team a year or so later, if so at the expense of who?

I know Sir Brian was due to go to the sty before his retirement but I am choosing to forgive him that.
My question is would he have got into the Championship winning team a year or so later, if so at the expense of who?

Well Gary Shaw in effect replaced him , but whether he would have if Sir Brian had remained fit is open to question.

Fair play to you, I can't remember this morning, never mind 40-odd years ago :ROFLMAO:
It upset me beyond belief. My Mum used to work with his mother in law and because of that we used to get loads on Brian signed stuff and he became more of legend in our house because of this - then this news broke :cry::cry:

Went to see Stratford Town v Villa in the Birmingham Senior Cup the other night, and in the programme was the teamsheet from when the teams met back in 1984. Villa won 3-2 on the night, but check out some of the Villa players... our European Cup-winning captain!! Tony Dorigo, Tony Daley, Bernie Gallacher. Alan Curbishley also played, but he was a late call-up apparently.

IMG_0278.jpg

With mention of the 1975 promotion game against Sunderland (from the Boro thread) it brings Back happy memories. Three generations of my family on the Holte that day. Me, Dad & Grandpa. I remember being a bit scared at how tight it was. At full time as we left I had absolutly no control of my destiny and was simply swept out of the ground in the crowd; at times with my feet off the ground.

It upset me beyond belief. My Mum used to work with his mother in law and because of that we used to get loads on Brian signed stuff and he became more of legend in our house because of this - then this news broke :cry::cry:

My dad worked with Brian’s then mother in law too
I have one of his shirts

Did your mum work at Lucas Fradley then?

My dad worked with Brian’s then mother in law too
I have one of his shirts

Did your mum work at Lucas Fradley then?[/QUOTE

Mum for a bit and Dad until he retired. I played
football for their kids team as well

I was a young lad about 8 or 9 I think (long time ago ) when watching match of the day , they announced that Brian little had to retire from football, I was so upset I cried my eyes out for days , I wish we’d have got 5 more years out of him , fabulous person and player .
Also Mick pejic retired in same day but I don’t remember much about him .