Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 25 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Ha yes I remember that. I was actually on my knees in my bedroom praying. He used to play Land of Hope and Glory in the background as well.
I was 10 and was at my Nan and grandads sat on the floor and they had the wireless on. Can still remember it like yesterday

Thanks for posting that , wow that tune takes me back , we should definitely run out to that still , hairs in end stuff.

Those of us who can remember the late 60's and the 3rd division days could only dream of what would happen in the early 80's and that tune is evocative of that time hence I think this would be hard to replicate it now.....but what memories it stirs up!!!!!
As one of the older generation I have always thought Villa coming out to an instrumental version of "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin as it builds up and up to a crescendo as the teams appear something worth a try, but what do I know?

VTID

Those of us who can remember the late 60's and the 3rd division days could only dream of what would happen in the early 80's and that tune is evocative of that time hence I think this would be hard to replicate it now.....but what memories it stirs up!!!!!
As one of the older generation I have always thought Villa coming out to an instrumental version of "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin as it builds up and up to a crescendo as the teams appear something worth a try, but what do I know?

VTID
Anything would be better than that bloody screaming woman we currently run out to!!! Can’t someone smash the bloody thing PER-LEASE??

I remember hoping at half time that the game would be called off, not because of the poor blokes accident but because we were 2 down and looking dead and buried.

George used to get some proper stick from the callers and most of the time not about football.
He was on Sky a couple of years ago but has disappeared.