Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 23 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

I had that shirt and wore it till it fell apart. I even went to the ATV studios in it when Tiswas tried to do a world record dying fly live one Saturday morning. 3 of us wore the shirt and were on screen most of the time! Then went on to VP for a home game. Happy days!
My first kit and I also wore it to death, 1979. I shall be 50 this weekend and I'm so hoping someone has got me that shirt. ?

Well as part of my mid life crisis I'm thinking of buying a jag xj8, I own 3 overcoats but haven't yet got a shooter for the boot.

Someone said to me not long ago that if your a woman you go through the change, if your a man it's a midlife crisis. He pointed out to me that a man starts to reflect and remember all the things that made him happy in his youth, cars, girls and Raleigh choppers. Now I've had many cars but the jag ticks the Sunday drive quality box, the Raleigh chopper is now worth nearly as much as a jag and the ladies are now all on dating sites looking for prey.
The one thing that stays constant and will be with me till my last day, aside from my two wonderful sons is Aston villa.

Love it NV.

What a game. That salute from Mellberg was just great.
But not as great as his pin point ball to Young for the first goal :lol:

On my hobby horse now! If memory serves, the first season ticket in my name (early 1960’s) was 8 guineas (£8.40) - no concession! Trinity Road, Door G, Row V Seat 29. Up until then, my old man used to slip the turnstile guy five bob to let me slide in to sit with him. The great example Bikini Inspector shows of it costing £1.80 to see us win the league illustrates the point I am labouring to make which is to expose the advantage clubs took out of the Hillsborough disaster. The requirement for all seater stadiums gave clubs the ability to continually jack up prices as a matter of course. How much would BI’s £1.80 ‘seat’ position at the Emirates be today? £35? £40? More? And to still stand up (not the clubs’ fault). Are the proponents of safe standing convinced that clubs can be trusted to make a proportionate reduction in admission? I think we should kick it around.......