Derby County vs Aston Villa Saturday 10th Nov 3PM | Page 13 | Vital Football

Derby County vs Aston Villa Saturday 10th Nov 3PM

Agree with Onlyteaminthemids sentiment regarding the first half. Thought it was a good first half for both teams but up until the last ten minutes when two long balls caused us subsequent problems, Derby didn't really create anything of note. By that time JK had a free header which he should have done a lot better with, Tammy should have done a lot better with another header in the six yard box which he directed too close to Carson, Grealish fired one wide from just outside the box, Kodjia had another half chance at the far post and there were a few other decent positions we got ourselves into but didn't make the most of. Yes, just one attempt on target, Tammy's header, but to say Derby should have been one or two up by then is a bit of wishful thinking on their part. Was it more even first half, yes definitely and from Derby's point of view it was infinitely better than the second but scores level at half time was just about right for me after Derby's two good chances late on.

I've just watched the extended highlights from AVTV and DerbyTV about 6 times and all the Derby chances came from Villa defending like schoolboys ie letting the long ball bounce. Our chances were created by good play. Which is something I'm not used to

I've just watched the extended highlights from AVTV and DerbyTV about 6 times and all the Derby chances came from Villa defending like schoolboys ie letting the long ball bounce. Our chances were created by good play. Which is something I'm not used to

Some of our moves were great to watch , and made at high tempo.

'Twas a lovely sight to behold 57 and long may it continue......:utv:

Lets just hope it wasn't a one hit wonder like when we beat wolves...we all know what happend after..but under Deanooooo i doubt it...lets push on against the knuckle draggers..:utv:

Our biggest miss wasn't even on target, Lawrence blazed wide with an open goal in front of him........

Since the team got used to FLs tactics and wishes, every game, even the defeats, has been enjoyable to watch.

I know that Villa fans have been pretty frustrated with the team this season. Especially the 2nd half, they looked like a team last Saturday. Something I don't think they have very often this season. Given the quality of the individuals, provided this wasn't a one off performance, 11 decent players working together as a team will see you there or thereabouts come May.

Still buzzing from Saturday. The win felt so much different to wolves etc last season probably because of the way we achieved it. Been a long time since we played as good as football as that and I pray to God it is not a one off. Personally I don't think it will be.

The highlights package from the os are a must see.

Reading all these comments and after seeing the highlights, I feel really disappointed that I don't go to away fixtures anymore. I have great admiration and respect for the fans who have gone in all weathers and at the stupid times Sky decree to follow Villa. You have put up with some tripe over the last few years yet still you go. Perhaps in the distant future you'll be able to say you were there when the great Villa revival began.
UTV!

Just got back that was quite superb.

I t wasn't that we won it was the manner of the victory , we took the game to Derby and if honest should have been out of sight well before we scored.

The first half was a very open game with both teams having good chances and credit to Nyland for an absolute worldie to tip one over the bar , but the second half , we absolutley battered them and never gave them a sniff , fast , slick high tempo football with fantastic movement off the ball , we always weemed to have a man spare and picked up virtually every second ball and were relentless in going forward . None of this sit back and try and nick a goal on the break and defend it malarkey.

One of the best away days for years and the key is now is to replicate that level of performance time and time again , but I am confident we will as the players look so much improved that they are virtually unrecognisable from 6 weeks ago.

As the bloke sitting next to me said "If Smith was manager last season we would have gone up automatically" and I couldn't argue with that after what I saw today.
And the ref Sirden, I value your insight and it is the only reason I read your posts :cool::sorry:

In one month Smith-Terry & Steptoe (with affection) has completely changed the mentality & tactics of a team with no plan. I have to thank Bruce for buying Mcginn. He is a revelation. Every player now wants to up their game. I predicted 1-2 as I could see the confidence in Smith`s press conference. But that was sensational. Bolasie is like a secret weapon. On one break we had 5 players in their box. I am trying not to get to excited but I truly cannot help myself UTV

I think, like others, this is another tough away game against a form team. So I went for a 4-1 win of course.

About time to kick start the season, DS has had a whole week with the team :wahey:. Been a long time since it all came together, but why not tomorrow. All those who are part of the amazing away support, I wish you well and make us proud. :utv:
I'll be honest, this was pure blind optimism, didn't think we could keep a clean sheet, but did think we were due a few goals.

What I don't like about Dean Smith is that he doesn't usr enough footballing cliches. How on earth are we supposed to keep up with all this voodoo, black box, blue sky bollox??

I'll be honest, this was pure blind optimism, didn't think we could keep a clean sheet, but did think we were due a few goals.

What I don't like about Dean Smith is that he doesn't usr enough footballing cliches. How on earth are we supposed to keep up with all this voodoo, black box, blue sky bollox??
Yes he really has got the team grasping at those low hanging fruit at last And as long as we keep giving 110% get the ball down the flanks and over to the big bloke on the back stick will be fine

I'm ashamed to say only this afternoon I said I thought the ref was OK as I hardly noticed him. God, I feel better now I've got that off my chest. I'll come quietly now. :(
When you get a result like that, who cares about the ref? You just rise above his ineptitude and float on silver lined cloud of pure marsh mallow.