Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra

Are you the chair of the fan club or something Greame? ;)He didn't have a very good game, and he isn't scoring goals. Bit like a defender or Goalkeeper leaking them.

Something is not right, he doesn't look as bright as earlier on in the season. Perhaps we are not playing to his strengths. Perhaps he is being asked to perform a role he is not used to or not as good at doing.

He is paid to score goals and he isn't. Sorry to be so blunt....but I am worried for the lad. He doesn't seem at the races in patches of the game. Mini Jeff explains it better....in technical speak....

Are you the chair of the fan club or something Greame? ;)He didn't have a very good game, and he isn't scoring goals. Bit like a defender or Goalkeeper leaking them.

Something is not right, he doesn't look as bright as earlier on in the season. Perhaps we are not playing to his strengths. Perhaps he is being asked to perform a role he is not used to or not as good at doing.

He is paid to score goals and he isn't. Sorry to be so blunt....but I am worried for the lad. He doesn't seem at the races in patches of the game. Mini Jeff explains it better....in technical speak....

I'm not what you suggest, no. What I am is a fan of a football club four points clear at the top of League Two. Are you?

I'm not what you suggest, no. What I am is a fan of a football club four points clear of the top of League Two. Are you?

Likewise....but there is always room for improvement. And there was plenty of room for improvement with today's performance. We have to evolve and not revolve.

From the match report on the club website:

'Good work from Akinde out on the right led to him feeding the ball to McCartan who delivered a cross into the box, Akinde won his aerial battle, flicking back into the danger zone, Lee Frecklington won the second ball and nodded it into the path of PETT who smashed the ball low and true'.

Sounds as if Akinde's doing something right even if he isn't scoring.

Maybe he needs a game off. I've no problem if he's put on the subs bench for a bit. But the criticism he receives is unfair - he's not good enough, he doesn't win headers, he doesn't hold up the ball, he doesn't look interested. He clearly does and is. He's involved in almost all of our goals. Those who criticise him in this manner are eejits.

Perhaps we are not playing to his strengths. .

There are too many occasions when his teammates don't. Give him the ball facing goal and he looks a different proposition. Play the ball into his feet or body and he holds it up and brings others into the game.

Ask him to compete with the centre half for punts, or chase defenders, and we would be better off with Green.

This happened today in the main. He did not play well. Neither did the other forwards, Anderson, Andrade (till later) or McCartan. There is a common denominator there. Far too many hail-mary forward hoofs.

On the other hand, often, when in possession, he holds onto the ball far too long.

I'd actually like to see Green start instead of him with the same line up and see what happens with a nippier striker who is probably a more natural finisher.

Maybe he needs a game off. I've no problem if he's put on the subs bench for a bit. But the criticism he receives is unfair - he's not good enough, he doesn't win headers, he doesn't hold up the ball, he doesn't look interested. He clearly does and is. He's involved in almost all of our goals. Those who criticise him in this manner are eejits.

I agree with you there. He is quite clearly good enough. He probably needs a few matches from off the bench as perhaps our tactics are beginning to be found out? Bruno hardly had the ball in the first half and didn't do a lot. He was well marshalled. Doesn't mean to say he is awful. JA needs to find his scoring boots. It is like a replay of the Matt Green issue the same time last year.

Painful to watch.

I saw him last week and he is a handful. His directness and power is immense he literally tore Cheltenham to bits. He did that in the first half on Tuesday.

In previous years we have struggled to get the ball into dangerous areas of the final third and when we did we had the largely immobile or isolated front man. Not any more

Imagine if Keith had someone with his ability we would have stormed that league.

He is a useful additional as he offers something very very different.

He will not play Tuesday nor will the starters today as they need a rest.

Excellent finish for his goal
We looked a better attacking team with Pett and Green in the side
Very surprising to see Pett not start as he’s been Superb all season
Nice to keep a clean sheet !!

A strikers job is to ensure the TEAM is scoring goals. Therefore Akinde is not doing a good job.

However, I do think one league game out to keep him on his toes is a good idea.

I saw him last week and he is a handful. His directness and power is immense he literally tore Cheltenham to bits. He did that in the first half on Tuesday.

In previous years we have struggled to get the ball into dangerous areas of the final third and when we did we had the largely immobile or isolated front man. Not any more

Imagine if Keith had someone with his ability we would have stormed that league.

He is a useful additional as he offers something very very different.

He will not play Tuesday nor will the starters today as they need a rest.
I think some (4 or 5) have to start tuesday.