Watford v Spurs how will it pan out? - Game Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Watford v Spurs how will it pan out? - Game Thread

Alli was one of our better players today. Playing in a role enforced on him by a poor set up. He overplayed it and lost the ball a couple of times but did some good stuff too, unlike Dembele and Davies. Dembele cost us the points.
Deli is ALWAYS overplaying it these days and losing the ball, he has fallen for his own hype that he is as good as the papers and fans claim him to be so he isn't working hard any more and just tries to look pretty instead of putting in the hard graft that is needed throughout the whole of the game.

Poch blaming the players. No, try looking at yourself. You didn't change it, you didn't pick the right team . You picked Dembele who was dire, Dier would have been better with Winks.

He always does. He never takes the blame just like old Harry never used too.

But they lap up the praise left right and centre.

I noticed we were playing away at OT on a pristine pitch, under floodlights to a full house and millions of TV viewers. The perfect setting to showcase your talent. Lucas, had no problem running with the ball in his attacking role, showing total control, awareness and the class needed to finish. What was Dele's excuse.

Lucas not showcasing much today was he ?

Deli is ALWAYS overplaying it these days and losing the ball, he has fallen for his own hype that he is as good as the papers and fans claim him to be so he isn't working hard any more and just tries to look pretty instead of putting in the hard graft that is needed throughout the whole of the game.
He played some good passes forward today and created a goal .

Sanchez got bullied by Deeney again. OMG and people are talking about him like the next Paolo Maldini
I agree I don't know what he is all about he plays like a ****** always been bullied falling all over the place for a big guy like him is pathetic. This is not the first time remember the goal against Fulham

He always does. He never takes the blame just like old Harry never used too.

But they lap up the praise left right and centre.

Same as last year, he’s too arrogant to learn.

Not sure why people think this season will be any different

Same squad, same tactics, same result.

What exactly was put MF today ? A combination of Dembele with Alli and Eriksen dropping back and Vert and Toby coming forward ? . Eriksen was like a fish out of water . Dele did far more in his role than Eriksen . What's wrong with Dier and Winks in the middle with Dembele coming on last 25 mins to see it out. ?

We were one short up front due to having 3 at the back we didn't need. We conceded through set pieces.
Exactly fuck this 3 at the back rubbish go 4 at the back even if it means leaving Sanchez on the bench. Especially the second goal none of them could head the ball because there were too many defenders

He did but he does not look for the simple option that is his problem he is not what he thinks he is yet
It was a mixed bag from him with varied approaches. Lob header, lob with right foot into the box resulted in a goal, a couple of weighted through balls found their target to be squandered by the receiver, Kane and Moura I think, some close one two work, some runs forward, some defending in MF. What more can you ask of him....a goal, very close.

Lucas is not a number 9 we have a one of those Kane . Poch got it wrong today playing him further forward than Harry most of the time . We do not need a partner for Harry as he has done well enough without one . Lucas is a winger who should assist Harry not get in his way . Yes we need him to get his share of goals but not at the sake of Harry .
Today was a true bad day. We played awful in every position not one person above a 5 and a few below.
Levy has to shoulder much of the blame. We had 2 players unavailable in Son and Lamela and we had nothing on the bench that could change the game.

Was a stupid decision playing 3 CB's in this one. We have the better team, talk about being boring and negative from our manager.

Dembele can't start two games in a week, we learnt this two seasons ago.

Davies, Sanchez way off form, Vorm is not good enough anymore. Same old crap from Llorente. Yawn.
To be fair no goal keeper could have saved any of the goals blame the defenders

Exactly fuck this 3 at the back rubbish go 4 at the back even if it means leaving Sanchez on the bench. Especially the second goal none of them could head the ball because there were too many defenders
The defenders didn't attack the ball on the set pieces , Poch was right about that ,but Dembele was culpable on both in different ways. Why pick him over Dier when he ain't that bothered whether he goes or stays.

People can bang on about team selection and which substitution Poch should have made, but frankly neither had any thing to do with todays defeat IMO.
Both goals were conceded at set pieces, both were the fault of Jan for the first and Toby for the second IMO.
As the free kick came in Jan dropped off thinking it was going to be dropped in between keeper and defence, unfortunately it wasn't. This allowed Deeney a free header.
It was clear that Toby was marking Cathcart, these are individual errors and have nothing to do with team selection IMO.
Unless you are saying Jan and Toby shouldn't have started.

Dele rated at 7 , second best player behind Moura which is bollox. This is a spursweb rating. They describe Dele as performing well. Sanchez , 5 , Dembele and Davies 4 each. 3 players I wouldn't have started.

People can bang on about team selection and which substitution Poch should have made, but frankly neither had any thing to do with todays defeat IMO.
Both goals were conceded at set pieces, both were the fault of Jan for the first and Toby for the second IMO.
As the free kick came in Jan dropped off thinking it was going to be dropped in between keeper and defence, unfortunately it wasn't. This allowed Deeney a free header.
It was clear that Toby was marking Cathcart, these are individual errors and have nothing to do with team selection IMO.
Unless you are saying Jan and Toby shouldn't have started.
Poch selected the wrong players and formation which meant we couldn't score. Dembele lost his man for one of the goals and gave away the free kick in a daft place which he often does for the other. I would have hooked Sanchez and Dembele at half time for Winks and Dier.

Yep guess we are still 'us'. I know it is probably too early to really freak out...I mean Wolves drew with City last week...

But we really do have a nice solid core of players to build around and we really haven't built
This is a good thing USAF we needed this canard put to bed. WE HAD TO BUY. The longer the myth was perpetuated that we had pulled off some "brave" coup in denial of the obvious deficiencies of our squad off of our world cup commitments the more dangerously we lived. The reality is we have a bunch of tired, injured old players who should have been refreshed with at least three areas of the team reinforced. I think it will get worse before better because it had to catch up with us.