Watford v Spurs how will it pan out? - Game Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

Watford v Spurs how will it pan out? - Game Thread

I think been defeated by the leaders of the competition isn't that bad.
We shouldn't forget that, unlike us, they bought a couple of players this summer and, as we have witnessed today, they have a manager who can motivate his players better than our manager.

Our weak points today were motivation and mentality.

It is wise to know how far our club can reach and keep our ambitions, if any, down to earth.

We shouldn't forget that soon we have to play two games every week with a squad of fifteen only first class players.

Nevertheless and despite defeat, we are all glad that our owners didn't spend their money to buy new players this summer and they have increased their fortune and the selling price of the club, which was their primary reason and target for buying Spurs, without winning any title or trophy.
We can not deny that judging them from a business point of view they are very successful with the club they own.

He played some good passes forward today and created a goal .
just because he played a few good passes and helped score what was an OWN goal it doesn't mean he doesn't overplay all the time. Maybe if he stopped showboating all the time and played the simple stuff he could have set up two or three goals and maybe even scored himself, but no he has to try and show off thereby lessening our potential threat in front of goal.

Poch selected the wrong players and formation which meant we couldn't score. Dembele lost his man for one of the goals and gave away the free kick in a daft place which he often does for the other. I would have hooked Sanchez and Dembele at half time for Winks and Dier.
I'd have hooked Dembele and Eriksen

just because he played a few good passes and helped score what was an OWN goal it doesn't mean he doesn't overplay all the time. Maybe if he stopped showboating all the time and played the simple stuff he could have set up two or three goals and maybe even scored himself, but no he has to try and show off thereby lessening our potential threat in front of goal.

He doesn't overplay all the time....fact. He doesn't showboat all the time....fact. He almost scored himself without showboating. It was a much more difficult header than Kanes miss. Ex was there and said he worked his socks off. He was not to blame and was our best player next to Lucas .

I think been defeated by the leaders of the competition isn't that bad.
We shouldn't forget that, unlike us, they bought a couple of players this summer and, as we have witnessed today, they have a manager who can motivate his players better than our manager.

Our weak points today were motivation and mentality.

It is wise to know how far our club can reach and keep our ambitions, if any, down to earth.

We shouldn't forget that soon we have to play two games every week with a squad of fifteen only first class players.

Nevertheless and despite defeat, we are all glad that our owners didn't spend their money to buy new players this summer and they have increased their fortune and the selling price of the club, which was their primary reason and target for buying Spurs, without winning any title or trophy.
We can not deny that judging them from a business point of view they are very successful with the club they own.

As usual a sarcastic post after a defeat.

Dembele at fault for both goals . Needless free kick and he list his man on the corner.He was a liability today. Winks looked way better. Davies was poor. Poch picked the team.

Yes, Poch picked the team, and whoever he picked should’ve been honoured to don that shirt and represent the best Club on the planet. They should’ve played out of their skin, regardless of the formation. These guys are professionals getting paid absurd amounts of cash each week. You and I would pay to play.
Yes Poch gets it wrong now and then, but the players surely can take plenty responsibility for the rubbish dealt out at Watford. Dembo was not crap due to the formation or the team sheet. He was crap because he was not up to it, along with far too many Spurs players taking their selection for granted. Maybe our regulars would perform and train better if they had to compete for their position!
This is the consequence of not bringing in new blood....Complacency!!

Really disappointed by this result. I thought we were getting to them first half. Ok, an own goal but we were there and caused them threats. What killed us off were things like Harry’s miss etc., Danny fired over, Kane needs to get up the pitch and get passed to. Second half they turned on the push and shove and they’re a strong side. But we need to out-pass and out-slick these teams, frustrate them by good play, then let their bully boy ways get them sent off. We need to do some serious training before the liver birds game.

I'm still fuming about the game....

1) The one thing I will always guarantee you is that Watford will load the midfield with bodies and be in our face the whole game. Poch knew that having watched the last few encounters between the 2 sides. In the last 100 games we have started either Dier or Wanyama as our midfield enforcer. Today, we started with Dembele with Eriksen and Dele ahead. Totally wrong game to even consider the brave midfield tactics.

2) You play a back 3 against Fulham at Wembley and choose Davies as a LWB. You go to Old Trafford and play Rose as an orthodox LB. You go to Watford and select Davies again as a LWB. Surely the wrong way round? I thought Poch had ditched rubbish defenders like Dawson when he joined the club yet keeps persisting with Davies who is bang average. Poch's choice of LB for the opposition has been awful all season.

3) Poch's players are so obsessed with "keep ball" that they probably declined 50 opportunities to put in a cross during the 90 mins. Watford got forward much less in the game and threw balls at or centre halves at every opportunity. When Trips was at Burnley, he knew his job in the side, as a good crosser of the ball, was to feed his strikers. He's lost that under Poch and is doing the backwards / sideways shite like Walker did. Davies beat the first man once from a cross the entire match. Different issue on the left. It's about a lack of talent but others like Dele were as much as guilty as passing up the opportunity to cross the ball.

4) It's very rare that I would say that Kane was the worst player on the pitch. He looked Championship level today. Couldn't even run to the ball to receive it, get it under before playing it to a white shirt. He looked like someone that had never played with his back to the goal his entire career. The sad thing is, I'm not even sure he was trying "too hard" which is very rare for him.

Very bad day at the office and I'm not even going to pretend we deserved more than what we got.

The sad thing is that Watford is not even trying very hard or had those players who can murder us (ok, on hindsight they do). They let us have the ball and what did we do? Go left, go right, repeat. Where is the driving run and give and go? Where is the good early cross? And they scored with their only on target. I can only remember another long range shot which fizzled pass our left post.

You've hit the nail right on the head where Alli is concerned. He needs shaking out of his comfort zone. An untouchable not good enough to be one.

You've hit the nail right on the head where Alli is concerned. He needs shaking out of his comfort zone. An untouchable not good enough to be one.

We've already said it Rich, he and Eriksen need competition - someone hungry, with skills looking to win a place.....

Oh I don't know, maybe a Grealish....?!

They were all awful, apart from maybe Toby, Jan and Moura.

Poch is clueless when things ain't going our way. Took 80 mins to make a sub!? Granted we didn't have much on the bench (signings anyone!) but Mousa was being done in the middle, Winks or Dier should have came on 20 mins earlier.

Yet again when it mattered Poch screws it up, we will never win a thing with him in charge, unless we get new owners in.