Watford v Spurs how will it pan out? - Game Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Watford v Spurs how will it pan out? - Game Thread

Yep guess we are still 'us'. I know it is probably too early to really freak out...I mean Wolves drew with City last week...

But we really do have a nice solid core of players to build around and we really haven't built
When Citeh drew, chances are they will come back with a 10 games or so winning streak, not so confident that we can pull that of altho' I would still try to dream

You have embellished your comparison of our loss with huge historic moments across the world. That is over the top and an opportunity to dramatize needlessly.
OVer dramatize...hmmm...bro, we are both supporters of Spurs and I don't even want to start an argument with you. But when you have seen this for like 35 years of your life, then you tell me whether it is over dramatize. It is ok, u have your opinion, I have mine. Let's not run each other down...no need to you know.

We were bullied on that 2nd half. Not happy about going to a back 3 when dier can easily drop back when we play 2 at the back.
They were already occasionally bullying us in first half but they were tentative and happy to let us have the ball but once they decided to bully us proper in second half, they just totally overrun us.

Was a stupid decision playing 3 CB's in this one. We have the better team, talk about being boring and negative from our manager.

Dembele can't start two games in a week, we learnt this two seasons ago.

Davies, Sanchez way off form, Vorm is not good enough anymore. Same old crap from Llorente. Yawn.

Dembele at fault for both goals . Needless free kick and he list his man on the corner.He was a liability today. Winks looked way better. Davies was poor. Poch picked the team.

Was a stupid decision playing 3 CB's in this one. We have the better team, talk about being boring and negative from our manager.

Davies, Sanchez way off form, Vorm is not good enough anymore. Same old crap from Llorente. Yawn.
Well that's the problem. Leadership must be by example. if you manager show too much respect to the opponent by playing so many at the back, the players feel the fear too. And as usual, once Eriksen is off song, we are totally directionless.

More importantly, do we know if Deli and the lads have a stupid special fingers over the eyes celebration for when THEY FUCK IT UP ROYALLY????

I will tweet the pricks and ask.

First points dropped to lack of investment on the playing side.

Bench was dog shit - Winks aside

Hugo would have come for first cross, potentially second

Llorente to save the game and the squad can’t be improved on? Bore off

Nothing to do with lack of investment Kiny,too many players off their game,none of them could string a decent pass today,Dele,Kane ,Ericksen,all poor, my 5 year old Neice could hold possession better than Christian,he is so lightweight. Lucas,still hungover from the UTD game,I knew this was a bananna skin an I wasn't wrong, just typical Spurs really, Watford had 2 shots on target and they scored,says it all really. Had to listen to all the Pool fans in my local as well,doesn't help. But we will bounce back,the Pool game takes on extra significance now. Very disappointed....

More importantly, do we know if Deli and the lads have a stupid special fingers over the eyes celebration for when THEY FUCK IT UP ROYALLY????

I will tweet the pricks and ask.
Talking about Dele....this guy is a real enigma. He has only one serious use nowadays, run in late and try for goal. Anywhere else on the pitch, he is just a Harlem Globetrotter trying some fancy nutmeg or dancing turn move and then hold up our play or lose the ball. Don't know what to do with him. Perhaps just ask him to be beside Kane and play Son on the left and Moura on the right.

Agreed, Poch at fault.

Talking about Dele....this guy is a real enigma. He has only one serious use nowadays, run in late and try for goal. Anywhere else on the pitch, hejust a Harlem Globetrotter trying some fancy nutmeg or dancing turn move and then hold up our play or lose the ball. Don't know what to do with him. Perhaps just ask him to be beside Kane and play Son on the left and Moura on the right.
Alli was one of our better players today. Playing in a role enforced on him by a poor set up. He overplayed it and lost the ball a couple of times but did some good stuff too, unlike Dembele and Davies. Dembele cost us the points.

eriksen and dembele should have been off the pitch after an hour at the most. Any fool could see we weren't going to get anything with those two playing.
This was simply a repeat of our poor performance against manure. We were so lucky against manure that their defensive play was worse than ours.
I said to the missus after about three or four minutes we were going to lose this game. We had no fight, no urgency and no bite. Ali went missing, Kane went missing. Watford were solid in defence and wanted the ball and the win far more than we did.
Out played, out thought and out fought, if we are going to finish in the top four then we have to play better than we have done in the last two games otherwise we will be lucky to get back into the mickey mouse cup again. Then again, maybe that would be a blessing in disguise eh.

Having a new CM/DM or AM option would have certainly helped today.

But we don't have that option so maybe a young lad or two should have been chucked in. Maybe Georgiou and Amos?

Alli was one of our better players today. Playing in a role enforced on him by a poor set up. He overplayed it and lost the ball a couple of times but did some good stuff too, unlike Dembele and Davies. Dembele cost us the points.

Dembele shouldn't have started. So no, Poch cost us the points.

Poch blaming the players. No, try looking at yourself. You didn't change it, you didn't pick the right team . You picked Dembele who was dire, Dier would have been better with Winks.