Watford v Spurs how will it pan out? - Game Thread | Vital Football

Watford v Spurs how will it pan out? - Game Thread

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
After a great last performance, which looked impressive to me, Watford look up for it. It will be a great test for us. But I think we’re ready for another good test and believe we are favourites to win this match. The game against Man U was a terrific springboard to go again. What we need is renewed focus and not to be overconfident. Focus boys! FOCUS.

Huge game again, especially given that we have an international break after this. Would be incredible to start the season with maximum points after 4 games. Our next game after Watford is Liverpool at Wembley as well and after that we have quite a few decent fixtures, we have a chance of having a seriously good start to the season.

Watford have had a great start but they have also had pretty favourable 50/50 fixtures.
Watford v Spurs is not a 50/50 fixture on paper, so although it will tough, we should win this and yes, what an amazing start it would/could be!!

Huge game again, especially given that we have an international break after this. Would be incredible to start the season with maximum points after 4 games. Our next game after Watford is Liverpool at Wembley as well and after that we have quite a few decent fixtures, we have a chance of having a seriously good start to the season.
Totally agree, I don't think it is too early to say the next two games could be season defining. We simply must win them both, the pool game comes at a perfect time. Their Brazilian contingent are bound to be jaded after the international break, we need to hammer them.
Momentum can take us a long way.

Top, getting well ahead of ourselves here BUT if we do manage to win our next 2 games then people will genuinely see us as challengers to City. They are still a class above anyone IMO (and will win the league 'fairly' comfortably) but I definitely think they will slip up a few more times this season.

Top, getting well ahead of ourselves here BUT if we do manage to win our next 2 games then people will genuinely see us as challengers to City. They are still a class above anyone IMO (and will win the league 'fairly' comfortably) but I definitely think they will slip up a few more times this season.
Again I agree with you, but last season no one put them under any real pressure. More importantly it would be a huge statement when we finish above pool.

Massive game for us, win this and it all looks very promising, lose or scrape a draw and we will be seen as Spursy again when it matters. As good as our 2nd half was against Utd, our 1st half definitely left a lot to be desired. Who of us wouldn't have snatched a hand off to be offered a draw at half time.
Start like we did the 2nd half and I think we will go on to win in what I think will be a tough ish game. Start how we did the 1st half and I think we are going to struggle...… if I had to my money is on a close ish win!

Massive game for us, win this and it all looks very promising, lose or scrape a draw and we will be seen as Spursy again when it matters. As good as our 2nd half was against Utd, our 1st half definitely left a lot to be desired. Who of us wouldn't have snatched a hand off to be offered a draw at half time.
Start like we did the 2nd half and I think we will go on to win in what I think will be a tough ish game. Start how we did the 1st half and I think we are going to struggle...… if I had to my money is on a close ish win!

That's true, I was slagging us off rotten at half time, it could have so different if they had scored in the 1st half and gone on to win the game. In fact I predict it would have been doom and gloom from a lot of fans, myself included. How 45 mins can change your outlook...

Watford are away to Reading tonight so at least have a distraction before they can focus on Sunday's game.

I'm just hoping that the intensity of the Utd game and the confidence running through the team will help us get through a tough Watford away game. Watford are one of these teams where you know a few players but can't talk in depth about their entire team.

I have to say ‘Total’, I didn’t feel at all that we failed much in the first half. I wasn’t fearful of a bad result. When we failed to get the penalty, I was thinking, ‘this is going to have to be a battle’ but I was confident. After 2 good wins and a good manager who we know can change things around with subs, I’ve lost that ‘o here we go again’ feeling. The past 2,3 years are slowly building and our players are getting more confident. COME ON YOU SPURS, LOOK AT YOUR KIT, THE LOGO SAYS IT, “JUST DO IT!”.

Watford will probably come at us and press our MF much like Utd did. We will have to let our resilience and quality shine through which it should. Watford are looking dangerous so far , we need to show respect and be up for it.

I have to say ‘Total’, I didn’t feel at all that we failed much in the first half.

even Poch said United deserved to be ahead at half time Tel... and he's usually "so so happy" with our performances. Whilst I back us to come back against most teams, we all know a Mourinho team clinging to a 1-0 lead is not easy to break down so there was a bit of luck in our result.

As for Watford, they've started well but we usually beat them. Aside from the draw where Sanchez got a red card last season I think we'd be 100% against them under Poch?

4-1 Spurs

Lucas on a double, Kane with one and a couple assists, Erickson/Alli for another.

From what I've seen so far this season, we are up against one of the fittest and most physical teams in the league. Their strikers will harass and attempt to intimidate our cd and do continuously, like the old Stoke team used too. This will be a game for hard men, with little quality to be had. dele tends to do well in these, cos Kane gets soo much attention.

1-0 away win, Adele scores late in 2nd half ( well, he behaves like a prima Donna)

From what I've seen so far this season, we are up against one of the fittest and most physical teams in the league. Their strikers will harass and attempt to intimidate our cd and do continuously, like the old Stoke team used too. This will be a game for hard men, with little quality to be had. dele tends to do well in these, cos Kane gets soo much attention.

1-0 away win, Adele scores late in 2nd half ( well, he behaves like a prima Donna)
I agree ’10iscoach’ (great name by the way, do you teach much tennis?), and welcome to vitalspurs. They will be fit, and up for it. All I hope is, when we play these ‘fit’ teams, that they won’t get rough and cause us injuries. A lot of casualties occur when teams get overly aggressive. Tackle by all means, great. But leave players fit afterwards.

I see it as a game of attrition too; they're very physical and also a tad cynical, they'll think nothing of hacking a few down. We have to hope the ref of on his game and that a couple of our hotheads keep themselves under check.

They are fast counter attackers and Troy is looking as fit as he has ever done in his whole career.

Once again this will prove there are no walk-overs in the Prem, and this will be a tough game to win and win well, I see a close game with not too much quality because it's such a tight close pitch with lots of long over the top balls by them ...and long diagonals by us to try and get in behind them.

But win we will - even if it does make for some discomfort at times.

This will not be a game for the connoisseur and will probably be very scrappy and disjointed - but Poch will know that and will try and set us up to counter their thug like tactics in mid-field.

Dele needs to come out of the shade into the light to take advantage of it, he seems to be going backwards from where he was two seasons ago.
We also need to pay close attention to Pereyra & Hughes, they have touches of quality in their play.

I think Deli Alli does need to step up in this game. Trouble is, he’s a bit hot headed and we DO NOT need players sent off. He was strong in the last game which we need but I think generally though, he needs to up his game and get scoring again. He’s one who can score, pass well, and make plays.

Again I agree with you, but last season no one put them under any real pressure. More importantly it would be a huge statement when we finish above pool.
A huge statement when we finish above pool, no it won,t it will just be the norm like 7 of the last 8 seasons we,ve finish above them