Stoke Away | Page 4 | Vital Football

Stoke Away

Good game. Good game management. Very professional performance.

Gavin Massey Man of the Match for me. Worked very hard all night.

Only gripe would be Morsy giving the ball away in midfield too often again, but his defensive work makes up for that.

Kipre gets a very strong mention as well. Colossus in defence.

It were awreet............. but watched in a club that was also showing the North End game, where their supporters outnumbered ours by 5:1, it were bloody magnificent.

Well done lads.

Fantastic performance tonight. We seemed more patient and it looked like we tried to figure out Stoke before we took control of the game.

They were really poor. Tonight proved that some of the older Premier League players really do live on borriwed time. Their lads had no energy or enthusiasm. Reminded me of when we had Grant Holt.

Powell, Kipre and Massey were excellent. The game was compressed with two high defensive lines, making both teams have pressure on the ball. We started very strong for 5-10 mins. After Powell was wrestled on the edge of the box they took control for 20 or so mins. Was great to see us get through that and then score with one of our first shots on goal.

Credit to Massey on his goal, beat two players with a nice touch and go. Also for his assist to Grigg for the opener. He stepped up two levels so far this season and looks every part a championship player at the moment. Last season he was consistently in the bottom 3 performers for me week in week out. Not once so far this season. Hopefully he continues the way he's playing throughout the season.

Kipre, can't say enough good words about him. To see his level of composure for a 21 year old is very rare. When he made mistakes against Villa, he never changed his style of play or let it affect his judgement. Too often you see players try to make up for an error, which almost always leads to more errors.

All of the starting 11 have played well so far this season. Giving cook an easy decision on team selection.

On Byrne, i'd bring him back into the team when fit. Shouldn't lose his position due to injury. James is a decent player, but i rate Byrne as the better option right now.

7 points vs Weds, Forest, Villa and Stoke, we are making this running look very easy! Powell really got into Williams knickers tonight. Windass comes on and gets Williams a second yellow, both Windass and Powell exchange a cheeky convo after. Good night!

Thing is though, it should be at least 10 points.

I think Byrne will have to be very patient, James is a top player. Byrne looks better going forward d though, perhaps he will be more effective at home when we’re against teams who allow us more possession.

I thought Walton was out of order tonight, kept throwing himself to the ground just so the kit man new he had played.

It were awreet............. but watched in a club that was also showing the North End game, where their supporters outnumbered ours by 5:1, it were bloody magnificent.

Well done lads.
Still a few Nobbers int village then Ant. Pricks like Tommy in the cow I bet. Wish Hemmings would just let that club rot. Funny he hasn't built on Deepshit yet like he has on every other bit of land he owns.

Thing is though, it should be at least 10 points.

I worked with some one like you once, I came into work one day and out of being nice and no other reason I bought her a coffee, now she always drank coffee,

I put the drink on her desk and she said whats that i said a coffee, she said ..... I wanted tea.

Moral of that story some people are never happy.

Still a few Nobbers int village then Ant. Pricks like Tommy in the cow I bet. Wish Hemmings would just let that club rot. Funny he hasn't built on Deepshit yet like he has on every other bit of land he owns.
Insti. Not t' Cow....... which I think is owned by Thwaites, not Hemmings. Insti owns itself.

Tommy? Shit....... How long have you been gone?!!! ?

I worked with some one like you once, I came into work one day and out of being nice and no other reason I bought her a coffee, now she always drank coffee,

I put the drink on her desk and she said whats that i said a coffee, she said ..... I wanted tea.

Moral of that story some people are never happy.

I am more than happy and was making a point that we have been blooming unlucky not to be on perhaps 12 points, not that I need to explain myself to you.