Stoke Away | Page 2 | Vital Football

Stoke Away

If big Dan was available I would not be worried Richy, however given our last couple of games and how we have performed against crosses my confidence is low.

You will have to shift a bit Clatic kick off is only at eight. allowing for some added time you might be struggling. Good luck anyway, and enjoy the match.

If big Dan was available I would not be worried Richy, however given our last couple of games and how we have performed against crosses my confidence is low.

You will have to shift a bit Clatic kick off is only at eight. allowing for some added time you might be struggling. Good luck anyway, and enjoy the match.
Aye hopefully no injuries. Fast walker and know where I’m going though so hopefully be okay.

Yep Burn will be a huge miss for this one. You just know Stoke will have done their homework on us and so big Crouchie will start. Very tough night on the cards for Dunkley and Kipre.

Stoke fans are not a happy bunch. I viewed one of their websites yesterday following a link to the PNE 'gassing incident'. There were questions being asked already about sacking Rowett - style of play shit, clueless about tactics etc. They claim the squad is full of deadwood and many boardroom problems. Maclean in particular was getting slated and it would appear they've sussed him rather quickly. If you thought this site was bad...

Ultimately they are anticipating a difficult game and are not overly optimistic about their chances Wednesday.

Going over watching it with a mate of mine ( Stoke fan ) they are very wary of us and are not expecting anything .
That speaks volumes of the way we are playing ,

Take our chances (4 shots on target out of 17 shots not good enough) and defend better and for 90 minutes. Get 90 minutes out of our two best forward players. Dont change the shape after substitutions when what we are doing is working.
Do all these and we could pinch it or get a draw.

Take our chances (4 shots on target out of 17 shots not good enough) and defend better and for 90 minutes. Get 90 minutes out of our two best forward players. Dont change the shape after substitutions when what we are doing is working.
Do all these and we could pinch it or get a draw.
Vaughan was brought on to put more pressure on their centre halves, which he did. The idea I think was to stop them playing directly from defence and close them down more, we were giving them far to much space in that area.

I'd agree Kenny. Grigg wasn't winning his headers and the ball was going back into midfield where we were getting outnumbered.
Bring Vaughn on to try and cause problems up top. Replace Powell with Connolly to try and wrestle back the midfield.
It was working but individual errors cost us again.

Take our Dont change the shape after substitutions when what we are doing is working....... . .

No more need for a Plan B? (which was a great Dexys song by the way).

Don't change........ should have changed
Change.............. . should have persisted

Ah well. At least he's not going all neanderthal, and reverting to 4-4-2.
?

Bringing Vaughan on to see out a game doesn’t work. We panic, start hitting it long to him and lose all midfield control. Give me pace over physicality all day long in the latter stages of a game. Look at Liverpool last night. If we’re holding on to a lead then I’d much rather see Windass on, whose pace is far more likely to cause problems and see us nick a second goal on the break.

It will be interesting to see what we do against Stoke regarding team selection especially with only a 3 day break to weekend match v QPR. Which imo is a greater chance of an away win for us. So i get the feeling Cook might rotate a bit and keep some key personnel fresh for the QPR game. Still we can put out a strong side though even with a little rotation.

Would not be surprised to see Gibson come into the midfield alongside Morsy as away from home v Stoke, Cook might want assurance of another more defensive minded midfielder. Think back 4 will be same, wings will be interesting, i feel Cook may bring Byrne into the team in place of Massey on the right wing. Macca might even get a start ahead of Jacobs too on the left.

Will be interesting to see if Cook rotates a few with Sat in mind. That said, flip side is we are out of League Cup so are completely free next midweek so that can act as rest period. So difficult to read what he might do.

Would take a point and that is what i think we will get, 1-1 is my prediction.

Regarding the Stoke game on sky tv can the game be watched
on a day pass ? or is subscribers only can watch the match?
BC

It will be interesting to see what we do against Stoke regarding team selection especially with only a 3 day break to weekend match v QPR. Which imo is a greater chance of an away win for us. So i get the feeling Cook might rotate a bit and keep some key personnel fresh for the QPR game. Still we can put out a strong side though even with a little rotation.

Would not be surprised to see Gibson come into the midfield alongside Morsy as away from home v Stoke, Cook might want assurance of another more defensive minded midfielder. Think back 4 will be same, wings will be interesting, i feel Cook may bring Byrne into the team in place of Massey on the right wing. Macca might even get a start ahead of Jacobs too on the left.

Could see MacDonald make an appearance if we need to be more defensive. Gibson still injured.

joblot ifollow advertising at £10 for the stoke game is this for a active subscriber?your £5 cost
cheers BC

Stoke i believe have opted out of iFollow agreement and run their own streaming service. So i'm not sure if that means Stoke games at the Britania end up costing more to stream than another club who are in the overall iFollow service.

I can't see Cook changing the team much unless there's injuries, we know Cook loves a settled line up and everyone has been playing well - so I'd be expecting the starting 11 from Saturday.