Match Thread: Grimsby v Lincoln City | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Grimsby v Lincoln City

What happened to the hammering you spice loving, 6 fingered, Sloth (Goonies) looking handsome toss pots were promising us???

Typical Codhead, not a troll in sight for a change before the game, then gets all brave and sticks his head above the parapet afterwards. Bit like your lukewarm vocal support at Blunders today, only made any real noise when you were in front, quiet as a mouse once we'd equalized and just when your team could have done with it. For all sensible cods reading this, well done today, you were the better team, looks like relegation definataly wont be an issue for you this season.. As for Marinermammary, hate to bring you back down to earth but you were at home and didn't win so not quite sure why your so smug. We certainly wont be happy with anything other than a win at the Bank, i guess that shows the gulf in expectations between the clubs these days.

Open top bus parade round sunny Cleethorpes tomorrow to celebrate their magnificent result today no doubt....
Video out soon no doubt! They were the better side imo and bossed midfield and won most of the second balls ! DC didnt sound very happy at the end.
One question to our fishy friends on here ,No sell out in the home stands today ,3 large areas in the wooden shack empty i notice?

Hmm what to say about that 1st 20 or so thought we did okay, looked the more positive but Grimsby came into it, well taken goal about the only chance either end 1st half, few pot shots from us. Thought we'd come out differently 2nd half, but actually got worse. Rode our luck to keep it to 1, after the pen I had a sneaky feeling we'd snatch a win, hoping for another spectacular og,
Actually thought we overplayed it at times, not something I thought I would be saying.
Listening to Danny afterwards. he knows the level of our performances, unfortunately most of the fans don't seem to take heed of what he says.
Still unbeaten, with 3 away games out of 4, you can't knock.

John akinde is an imp is an imp is an imp
John Adkins is an imp
We all hate Grimsby!

Reading the fishy forum there’s a mixture of:
This game will go down as one of the greatest injustices in British history
the Cowleys will be sacked because they are 1 dimensional
They should have won the World Cup
Blah blah blah

I think it’s superb how they played out of their skins to the point the home fans don’t recognise their team we play like the stuff found on the pavements of cleethorpes yet we still got a draw.

They are a funny lot

I think we will ground out results this season and go up in the top 3

A useful point especially when other teams stumbled a bit as well. Hopefully get a God result on Tuesday....

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Barney
I agree looking at the rest of the results that was a very good point for City today & could prove to be a vital point at the end of the season.
Win at home draw away is promotion form.

Anyway, not read the whole thread but a point after seemingly being poor isn't so bad. We're fairly strong defensively so we've always got a chance of staying in games that aren't going quite to plan as it looks like we've done today.

Two important home games coming up now.

Really don't like how Akinde takes penalties.
Whilst they HAVE gone in, they are eminently saveable if the keeper gets it right (and both should have been saved)

Did not go to game today, but listened keenly on radio. Been
supporting the imps since 1974, through good and lots of bad. The start to this season has been exceptional, but PLEASE lets not get carried away! Any point at Grimsby is a good point, and for anybody that thinks we deserve to walk this league are in for a disappointment. It's a long, long season, with joy & disappointment to follow. But today's point will be vital come the end of the season. We have the " Minerals" to succeed, but will never be perfect. Come on guys glass half full than empty.

Really don't like how Akinde takes penalties.
Whilst they HAVE gone in, they are eminently saveable if the keeper gets it right (and both should have been saved)

Very casual/chillled type of penalties

One other thing that surprised me was we didn’t play in red and white I thought the colours of the two kits today blended in at times

If you lose a player with Alexs' energy you better make sure that you up the possession stats dramatically as you cannot expect to keep winning it back.