Match Thread: Grimsby v Lincoln City | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Grimsby v Lincoln City

Fenty hasn't put in any money, certainly never even close to £500K a year and when he has it's only been a loan. He has loaned the club approximately £2 million over the last 15/16 years and wants every penny back despite seeing us through 3 relegations and only one promotion. At no point has he "gifted" the club any money. The last time he even loaned the club any money was in 2011/12 but he did take out £200K last season. Part of the reason we're lumbered with him is his refusal to leave without all of his loans being paid back despite his awful, awful stewardship of the club. Not sure why your fans always had this notion that we were being massively bankrolled in the Conference, we weren't.

I'm not claiming you are being bankrolled now. Your ticket sales are quadrupled from two years ago and you've had some amazing cup runs so it's obvious where the money is coming from which is fair enough!

He has also invested a lot of money in buying shares,a lot of this in the last few years .Overall he has invested £975,000 in shares. He can't have this repaid when he leaves-he can only sell the shares to someone else.

Last edited:
He has also invested a lot of money in buying shares,a lot of this in the last view years .Overall he has invested £975,000 in shares. He can't have this repaid when he leaves-he can only sell the shares to someone else.

He was gifted £200K worth of shares by the trust after engineering a situation where he effectively blackmailed them and got rid of the only other person on the board willing to invest any money because he didn't like not being solely in charge. So he's "invested" £775K over 15 years which works out to about £50K a year. I daresay he's cost us more than that with his poor decisions and general crapness over the years. Oh well, at least he's maintained Blundell Park well and we're about to move in to our shiny new stadium :lol::help:

I'm surprised you have not tried to demonstrate against him, or boycott BP?

You played well Saturday, and I like your new manager, but I still think, with that team you will struggle. You should be, with your support 1 of the top teams in this league.

He was gifted £200K worth of shares by the trust after engineering a situation where he effectively blackmailed them and got rid of the only other person on the board willing to invest any money because he didn't like not being solely in charge. So he's "invested" £775K over 15 years which works out to about £50K a year. I daresay he's cost us more than that with his poor decisions and general crapness over the years. Oh well, at least he's maintained Blundell Park well and we're about to move in to our shiny new stadium :lol::help:
He definitely seems to have morphed into a weird Chairman.

Do you think it's the £2m he wants back that's keeping him there, or do you think he just has little interest in selling anyway and there's something he's after i.e. Blundell Park if(!) a new Stadium happens?

EDIT - I like these posts, where they offer info people might not have already known.

He definitely seems to have morphed into a weird Chairman.

Do you think it's the £2m he wants back that's keeping him there, or do you think he just has little interest in selling anyway and there's something he's after i.e. Blundell Park if(!) a new Stadium happens?

EDIT - I like these posts, where they offer info people might not have already known.

He definitely likes being the man in charge, that much is obvious if you ever speak to him or hear him in interviews. The man is a complete narcissist. And I would say he does want the £2 million back in full because he genuinely doesn't believe he's ever made any mistakes or that his chairmanship has been bad, he said as much at the infamous fans forum.

Blundell Park is effectively worthless, I think it was valued at about £1 million due to the land it's sat on which isn't really worth the amount of time and effort he's put in so I don't think it's that. My opinion is, and it is purely my opinion, he is obsessed with bringing the new stadium into fruition because that'll give him a massive ego boost and some sort of legacy. Sadly for him, it's never going to happen. Not with him in charge anyway. So as it stands his legacy is overseeing the worst period of the club's existence which doesn't quite have the same ring to it as "the man that orchestrated the move to a new stadium".