Match Thread: Grimsby v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Grimsby v Lincoln City

A certain nervous excitement this morning prior to the lunchtime kickoff. Safe journeys to those getting ready, or already on their way.[/QUOTE
Nervous excitement here too, should win this but the small part pessimist in me can see a banana skin but the large part optimist thinks we’ll be fine...setting off in the next hour Come on you imps!

I don't think it will be easy. Latest results says we should expect to win but derbies are usually close and tight games. I would love a victory but as long as we don't lose it will have been an excellent start to the season.

Been feeling so confident all week, but started to get a bit nervous. Seen one or two posts that seem a bit too confident. Lets keep grounded & do the job professionally (well, the players should). UTI

would be happy with any kind of win. grimsby seem to be ridiculously underrated by a few posters on here.

pretty sure that our management and the players won't be doing the same.

You wouldn't think Grimsby be could be as diabolically bad again as they were against the plastics. But didn't seem to offer much of a threat against Rochdale the other night.

One thing I hope - i-Follow manage to start the video coverage of the game at the start instead of 3mins in (Northampton) & 11 minutes in (Swindon). Even the highlights start at 10:30mins. I did write to i-Follow (copied to the club) asking them to sort it out. As usual, you don't even get the courtesy of an acknowledgement, never mind a proper answer. We'll see.

I'm just enjoying being optimistic for once and have decided to switch my pessimist mode off for the Cowleys, especially with the squad we have. We are dangerous for 90 minutes now, not just 60-70.

Four across the back for us today - I reckon on a formation change and Bozzie moving forward about 70 minutes? That's a cracking line-up....

Wow, wouldn’t have called that lineup! Come on boys! Pett Rhead and Green as well as Wharton and Wilson not in the side is strong. Looks like a team picked to be flexible to a change to the 3 back second half if needed?

Very surprised Wharton is on the bench hope he hasn’t got a niggle. Looks a very strong lineup though.