Match Thread: Grimsby v Lincoln City | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Grimsby v Lincoln City

I think we will be better for that. A lucky point from a blood and thunder Derby away from home which is never to be sniffed at. It will keep some of our more excitable fans in check and the management will learn an awful lot when they review the game footage.

Watched on ifollow well 70mins . Thought grimsby were the better side definately will cause teams problems from the right. Pett when he fell may have done more had he not. Good point away especially when not 100 per cent. I actually thought we would hammer them shows how much i know. But will take a draw over a loss any day

Really dont care whether the Cods deserved to win or not, that has been a good eight days for the Imps and a very solid start to the season. Onto Tuesday against a side who have started better than I thought they would, UTI.

A team in transition and it showed today.

DC doesn't want to try to be too clever or "cute" as our American cousins might say.

Keep it simple with 2 regular set-ups and settled line-ups. Chopping and changing all the time rarely works well in football, even when all 20 players are capable of starting.

This is where the benefit of a decent squad could come into play. I expect there will be changes for Tuesday and those players that come in will be chomping at the bit.

This is where the benefit of a decent squad could come into play. I expect there will be changes for Tuesday and those players that come in will be chomping at the bit.
Bound to be changes only Toffolo and McCartan have started all four games.

A team in transition and it showed today.

DC doesn't want to try to be too clever or "cute" as our American cousins might say.

Keep it simple with 2 regular set-ups and settled line-ups. Chopping and changing all the time rarely works well in football, even when all 20 players are capable of starting.
I certainly think the defence and keeper should not be changed willy nilly and with our personnel they won't be. Just a question of whether we go 3 or 4 tactically. Attacking midfield and striker options are where the flexibility can be a benefit. Also later in the season rather than early on is where rotation now will reap rewards by keeping players balanced between match fit and not running on fumes.

Not just because we played it at Grimsby and Northampton, but for me I think we lose a bit of bite and defensive cover having Bostwick in as CH rather than in the middle of midfield. Surely Wilson should partner Shackle if we have some defensive problems at CH with Wharton maybe having a knock?

can't remember watching a game where our players were stumbling and tripping over the ball so much. classic example from andrade under no pressure at the end.
and we need a decent left midfielder that can help toffolo, grimsby were all over the huge space on that side all second half.

I think we will be better for that. A lucky point from a blood and thunder Derby away from home which is never to be sniffed at. It will keep some of our more excitable fans in check and the management will learn an awful lot when they review the game footage.

The only blood and thunder was coming from Grimsby, we weren't at the races today. I'll not be watching the full replay for this game, but hopefully they can regain their mojo for Tues night.

Had bit of heart attack, flashscore had the Cods scoring. Luckily corrected back to 1-1.
Me too!!! That has happened before with them and when it 'dinged' I thought it would be Grimsby scoring the way the game had gone- they probably deserved that 'goal' but a point for us is the most we could have expected.

We have to be happy with a point. It is still very early in the season and we are still unbeaten. Too much chopping and changing does worry me a bit but who am I to question Danny after another cracking start to a season.

Maybe that will just calm you lot down and give you a reality check. You have a decent team but you were second best today in most departments and you must be delighted to get a point off us. I see you are now a team in transition after today's result lol. Anyway hope both of us end up at the top.

Comedy moment..was walking to the ground and there was a group of Codheads who saw us. A fat bloke turned to give us some abuse which was brave when I had my young lad with me. When he turned back to catch up with his cousins/siblings/parents he ran into a lamp post. On the game itself they were the better team. Put this down to adrenaline at home for a derby and not indicative of where we are comparatively.