Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 32 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

There are potentially going to be some big changes this summer. It is likely to be one of the biggest "freshening" up of our squad since AVB's dreaded spree.

Outgoings likely to include - this is guesswork, obviously...

Alderweireld - £70m
Sissoko - £15m
Llorente - £10m
Janssen - £15m
Dembele - £20m
N'Koudou - £10m
Onomah - £15m
Rose (maybe) - £50m

Total: £200m+

Incoming rumours include the likes of...

Bale - £60m+
De Ligt - £50m
Martial - £40m
Sessegnon - £40m+

Total: £200m ish

Bale and Martial offer options out wide AND as lone strikers. De Ligt will be Toby's replacement and formed a very good partnership with Sanchez at Ajax. Sessegnon will be the LWB/wide left player to challenge Davies.

The main concerns for me this summer will be a) Eriksen being poached b) us not replacing Dembele if we do let him leave and c) selling Toby to a direct rival, which would be madness, even if we get the crazy sums being touted. For me, we need to inject creativity in to the team so we don't overly rely on Eriksen - especially when we are so in danger of losing him at any moment.

Agreed, we've been so lucky with Eriksen's fitness but need to have a plan when he's rested or injured. Not sure how you find a marathon runner with a football brain who can pass, score and assist.

Never Zaha, can't believe we are still linked with him. For less than half the price we can have a better, younger version in Traoure who might even develop a brain.

Maybe Poch is thinking about 3 CBS again? Sanchez Heg Vert could work.

I hope we experiment with Davies as a LCB in preseason. Then we would have Vertys back up already here. He always looked solid for Wales in that position.

Then we could bring in a LWB we so badly need.

Can't see how De Ligt at 18 years would be ready for the PL, even as a 3rd CB.

In any case, since Sanchez would be the RCB in a 2 at the back setup, and centre in a 3 at the back, do we need a 50 million signing for a RCB? Do we even want to play 3 at the back? (I hope not!) Can't that money be better spent on a LB or an AM?

Dier as a RCB had an incredible season, so if we want to use that formation I think we're covered.

If De Ligt comes then the 2 other 'up and coming' RCBs should be sold, as we are stockpiling them.

There are potentially going to be some big changes this summer. It is likely to be one of the biggest "freshening" up of our squad since AVB's dreaded spree.

Outgoings likely to include - this is guesswork, obviously...

Alderweireld - £70m
Sissoko - £15m
Llorente - £10m
Janssen - £15m
Dembele - £20m
N'Koudou - £10m
Onomah - £15m
Rose (maybe) - £50m

Total: £200m+

Incoming rumours include the likes of...

Bale - £60m+
De Ligt - £50m
Martial - £40m
Sessegnon - £40m+

Total: £200m ish

Bale and Martial offer options out wide AND as lone strikers. De Ligt will be Toby's replacement and formed a very good partnership with Sanchez at Ajax. Sessegnon will be the LWB/wide left player to challenge Davies.

The main concerns for me this summer will be a) Eriksen being poached b) us not replacing Dembele if we do let him leave and c) selling Toby to a direct rival, which would be madness, even if we get the crazy sums being touted. For me, we need to inject creativity in to the team so we don't overly rely on Eriksen - especially when we are so in danger of losing him at any moment.

In any scenario where we add 2 AM's (like Bale/Martial), there is no place for Lamela, and one of Moura/Son.

What's strange is that even though Chris Coleman used Davies on the left of a back 3, Poch has resisted the temptation to bring him inside and play him and Rose together. That would allow us to seamless switch between a back 5 and back 4. The potential challenge is that Davies wouldn't be good enough in a 2 man system as he'd be exposed too much in the air. He's not short, but still gives up about 3 or 4 inches on Vertonghen who wins his physical battles.

There is a massive difference in the way the 2 teams play - Wales sit deep, we press high.

Davies is too slow to play as a LCB for us, too weak in the air, and doesn't have the same ability to drive the ball forward lie all of our current CBs do.

Can anybody enlighten me as to what is 'wrong ' in playing three at the back ? This is a serious question and definitely not designed to have a go at somebodies/any bodies opinion or thought process . I am open to be educated on this because I think it is a great formation . I understand that if we play like this , then we need attacking wing backs who don't necessarily need to be full backs . I suppose this is where Son was used disastrously against the chavs because we didn't have the three at the back situation sorted . I just think that we have the personnel in place , as long as Toby stays( or we get a replacement )to use even Moura as a right wing back . He has the work ethic to track back and to push forward .
I'm still in the camp of believing that Aurier will come good in this position next season, until he proves me wrong ,.
The left side is still a conundrum, Is Rose going , if so when ? This needs to be sorted before they all bugger off to the Russian Jolly Boys Outing . Davies is a steady Eddie as full backs go but not as a flying wing back , as hard as he tries . Rose is obviously perfect for the job but can't play every week . Sess from Fulham would fit . .......
So ...... Should we play as a back three. .? I like the idea but think we need two left sided players who can fill that role . At the moment we have Rose who might be forced into staying cos no bugger wants him and Davies who doesn't suit the position .
........Sonny anybody ? Maybe Poch was two years ahead of himself

Decent signing never-the-less. Thought Poch's post game interview was a bit odd though. Asked several times how he's going to integrate Lucas into the team and he completely ignored the question and answered with a stock response about how pleased he was for the team after that performance.

Never seen him do that before.

Seems like nothing changed up to the end of the season Matic . He didn't get a decent run in the side irrespective of how good he played in certain games . He always seemed to be an afterthought which is strange . Being a massive fan of Poch I found this very interesting to say the least

Given he still owns his house in Chigwell, wonder why he'd be looking in North London?

Can't see him moving further away from our training ground, unless it's to be closer to the Chav's (who word has it are viewing him as a replacement for Hazard?)

Haven't we moved the training ground to Enfield? Appreciate that's not a long drive from Chigwell...

Lucas has the attacking ability of Son, but sadly also the poor decision making and lack of end product of Lamela.

Always thought Moura is a younger version of Lenon. Nothing I've seen changed my mind on that.

Fulham are through, our chances of signing Sess are slim, and his price just went through the roof.

Grealesh was incredible, I didn't know he was THAT good. Would be glad to snap him up.

Sessignon one moment of magic won Fulham the game . Grealish was impressive all game and was unlucky to be on the losing side. Ryan Fredericks stamped on his unprotected leg and should have seen red. Grealish belongs in the PL but he is very loyal to Villa.

Lucas has the attacking ability of Son, but sadly also the poor decision making and lack of end product of Lamela.

Seems harsh. Lucas has featured in a handful of games for us, by what I saw he shown himself as a spirited footballer with the footballing ability of a Brazilian international. Before he came, as we all know, he warmed the bench at PSG. The season before, he scored 19 in 53 games (all comp’s) which is a pleasing stat especially for a winger.

I’d give him more time.