Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

I have come to terms with losing Toby. I'm not keen on helping a rival shore up their poor defence but I think United have problems on the horizon. Jose is losing it again and we could see a Chav like revolt from the players . Maybe they will have to rebuild again . I would prefer Rashford to Martial.

I will pissed off if we sell Toby to Man Utd, if he get a player in return...Martial or Rashford then it would soften the blow but still we shouldn't be selling to them. If we don't get anyone in return I'd be seriously pissed off.

I will pissed off if we sell Toby to Man Utd, if he get a player in return...Martial or Rashford then it would soften the blow but still we shouldn't be selling to them. If we don't get anyone in return I'd be seriously pissed off.

You're assuming that one or the other would be on our list of targets. You're also assuming that one or both are up for sale, I'm not convinced Rashford is or will be anytime soon. Agents are saying it's a on-starter unless it's a huge deal.

Martial maybe different, but his advisors are said to be looking for a move to Itay or Spain.

Being linked with Hegazi of WBA. I have seen him a few times he is decent in the air. Hard bastard which I like.

2.5m buyout clause apparently.

Being linked with Hegazi of WBA. I have seen him a few times he is decent in the air. Hard bastard which I like.

2.5m buyout clause apparently.

He'd be a steal; has some rough edges but they could be ironed out, as you say, a hard bastard who doesn't mind handing it out.

Still trying to figure out what is our strategy with the centre half position after Toby leaves. There is a huge age gap between Vertonghen 31 and the other 3 - Sanchez 21, Foyth 20 and CCV 20. The other option is Dier, 24, but I know a lot of us don't see that as his best position.

If we were to buy Matthis de Ligt 18, then that would give the centre half position an even younger look. Surely, he would need to be out on loan or alternatively someone like Foyth gets some first team experience elsewhere.

Not sure I believe the Hegazi rumours, but it does make sense we're looking at one older centre half.

Hegazey appeared to be very difficult for us to handle in our last match with WBA.

Not likely to cost too much.

I just don't know if we need to be too concerned with our CB's ages, Snchz has played like a man much older.

Still trying to figure out what is our strategy with the centre half position after Toby leaves. There is a huge age gap between Vertonghen 31 and the other 3 - Sanchez 21, Foyth 20 and CCV 20. The other option is Dier, 24, but I know a lot of us don't see that as his best position.

If we were to buy Matthis de Ligt 18, then that would give the centre half position an even younger look. Surely, he would need to be out on loan or alternatively someone like Foyth gets some first team experience elsewhere.

Not sure I believe the Hegazi rumours, but it does make sense we're looking at one older centre half.

Sanchez is the excpetion to the rule, CB's dont play like that at 21, which means he is 4-5 years away from peaking as a CB.

Foyth and CCV are nowhere near his level, and De Ligt is only 18 - which means he is probably not ready.

Not sure why we are going to spend big on another RCB - we already have Toby's replacement, so I'd rather bring a solid PL cb who fits our style, and spend on a quality LCB (that will replace Verts next year)we are in desperate need for.

Sanchez is the excpetion to the rule, CB's dont play like that at 21, which means he is 4-5 years away from peaking as a CB.

Foyth and CCV are nowhere near his level, and De Ligt is only 18 - which means he is probably not ready.

Not sure why we are going to spend big on another RCB - we already have Toby's replacement, so I'd rather bring a solid PL cb who fits our style, and spend on a quality LCB (that will replace Verts next year)we are in desperate need for.

Maybe Poch is thinking about 3 CBS again? Sanchez Heg Vert could work.

I hope we experiment with Davies as a LCB in preseason. Then we would have Vertys back up already here. He always looked solid for Wales in that position.

Then we could bring in a LWB we so badly need.

Maybe Poch is thinking about 3 CBS again? Sanchez Heg Vert could work.

I hope we experiment with Davies as a LCB in preseason. Then we would have Vertys back up already here. He always looked solid for Wales in that position.

Then we could bring in a LWB we so badly need.

What's strange is that even though Chris Coleman used Davies on the left of a back 3, Poch has resisted the temptation to bring him inside and play him and Rose together. That would allow us to seamless switch between a back 5 and back 4. The potential challenge is that Davies wouldn't be good enough in a 2 man system as he'd be exposed too much in the air. He's not short, but still gives up about 3 or 4 inches on Vertonghen who wins his physical battles.

There are potentially going to be some big changes this summer. It is likely to be one of the biggest "freshening" up of our squad since AVB's dreaded spree.

Outgoings likely to include - this is guesswork, obviously...

Alderweireld - £70m
Sissoko - £15m
Llorente - £10m
Janssen - £15m
Dembele - £20m
N'Koudou - £10m
Onomah - £15m
Rose (maybe) - £50m

Total: £200m+

Incoming rumours include the likes of...

Bale - £60m+
De Ligt - £50m
Martial - £40m
Sessegnon - £40m+

Total: £200m ish

Bale and Martial offer options out wide AND as lone strikers. De Ligt will be Toby's replacement and formed a very good partnership with Sanchez at Ajax. Sessegnon will be the LWB/wide left player to challenge Davies.

The main concerns for me this summer will be a) Eriksen being poached b) us not replacing Dembele if we do let him leave and c) selling Toby to a direct rival, which would be madness, even if we get the crazy sums being touted. For me, we need to inject creativity in to the team so we don't overly rely on Eriksen - especially when we are so in danger of losing him at any moment.

Given he still owns his house in Chigwell, wonder why he'd be looking in North London?

Can't see him moving further away from our training ground, unless it's to be closer to the Chav's (who word has it are viewing him as a replacement for Hazard?)

So I would nail the targets down to:

Zaha - His bad experience may cause him to stay
Martial - United to Spurs at this age?
Sessegnon - Should know what he is up to after tomorrow's final. GO VILLA!

de Ligt - City is in on this

Apparently, Pochettino is after a CB, MFer and a forward.