Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

There are quite a few players out of contract in the summer so we would probably make a move.

Besides Barkley, it would be madness not to try and sign De Vrij.

Decent signing never-the-less. Thought Poch's post game interview was a bit odd though. Asked several times how he's going to integrate Lucas into the team and he completely ignored the question and answered with a stock response about how pleased he was for the team after that performance.

Never seen him do that before.

So ultimately it's a payoff to avoid potential charges for tapping up the player originally.

I was convinced they had mistaken Virgil van Dijk for Stefan De Vrij. Woulda made more sense.

Big Chiv - 2/1/2018 21:48

We need a CB, CM and a CF.
Levy will get us no one as per usual.
And then everyone will wonder why we finished 6th.

Add an AM to that list.

Aurier is not a Walker ...we need some guile and strength on the right front side of things in an attacking sense....Son and lAli prefer the left sideof things meethinks and N'Koudou may well become a reasonable backup option on the left.....

Kinygerbils - 7/1/2018 14:04

Gomes would be the slowest player in our squad.

Why are we so anti pace?

He is a CM, and actually seems faster and quicker than Dembo. Not a whole lot of CM's who have wheels, and really that is not where we are lacking in pace.

Matic - 17/1/2018 16:49

I make it sound like we'd be trying to sign Ronaldo because financially we're as far away from signing Rashford as we are from signing Ronaldo! Even though he isn't first choice, Man Utd would demand £70m+. Jose may have no sentiment but Zlatan ain't no spring chicken, Lingard is inconsistent and Mata could be leaving for free at the end of the season. I cannot see him allowing Rashford to leave unless he signs a load of attacking players in the meantime.

All of it is irrelevant though because Levy will not spend that amount of money. And the lad might not want to join us! If he were available I'd put money on Chelsea and Arsenal going in big time for him. We are unlikely to compete with what they would offer.

I hope we do try, but with all the crazy fee's nowadays and all the factors involved, I think the odds on us even getting close to signing him are slim to less than none.

You're making it up. There's absolutely nothing to back up that outrageous claim.

A 400k+ a week player is as far away as a 30k a week player? Not even talking about agent and transfer fees, which would be a lot higher for Ronaldo.

You then state that Rashford will cost 70+ in this market, but it is the same market that sees Rose valuated at 60+, or even (according to your 'ITK' you sourced in a previous post) Toby at 75+.

In order to achieve a transfer, we need to agree with the club and the player.

We can give Manu something they want, Chelsea and Arse can't, and never in a Million years would Mou sell a player to Chelsea.

We can give the player a hell of a lot in terms of playing time & progression, nothing which Arse and Chavs can offer. Chavs' manager churn rate is incredible and they dont trust youngsters, and Arse is falling apart. The only thing Chavs can offer is better wages.

Realistically, only Liverpool have a better pulling power than us for a player like Rashford.

Sky sources: Tottenham reach agreement with Paris Saint-Germain for winger Lucas Moura.

Moura’s move is subject to personal terms and medical, and we understand the fee is around £25m.

Matic - 29/1/2018 04:14

If Chelsea bag a striker, we should put in a cheeky Batshauyi bid.

Looks like Bats could be going to BvB on loan.

However, sounds like we may be getting Janssen back!

Little dig by the manager to the board after the match

I can't see Rashford costing 70m. He hasn't done enough to warrant that price. He is a raw talent. He has scored 28 goals in over 100 apps. I would say he is in the 35-45m price range.

I do think he would fit in very well here though. He is exactly what we need and exactly the type of player we should be looking at.

Would 25 million be deemed a "fair " price for a largely unproven centre back? If so ,liverpiss have been mugged for the rest. No wonder Klopp wants everyone to forget the money side of it.

All the time ENIC are using us to make a profit we are not signing ****

They will use the stadium as an excuse even though they have not paid a penny