Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United FC | Page 9 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United FC

Thank you Huddersfield thanks so much. I think we now need to buy and buy well now or we will go backwards. I want proven EPL talent and a couple of overseas top players and one older experienced ringer. Instead we will get Mawson (a mistake )
I really think we should go all out for Iniesta, even if it's only for a season. Or maybe Modders.

Not convinced until Poch wins something. I'm not alone in thinking this. The 'project' still has to convince and I still think we need a rethink before we actually move any further forward.

Well, 70 to a 100 million extra in the bank because of this year's qualification basically says :Fingers: to any doubters of the impact he has had on this club. And that's just this coming year. I can't wait to see this year's accounts when they are released.

We are going into our new home with Champions League football. If you can't celebrate that then you're not a Spurs supporter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ain't got a clue what all the fuss was about .
Champions league qualification from playing at an away ground all season and a shit load of injuries to key players , 14 points above the gooners .
Poch ain't got a clue ...........priceless. Who gives a Donald if we have had a couple of dodgy games . What about all the good games we have had to get us in this position . It ain't a fucking fluke , we didn't manage it by chance . We have by far exceeded expectations this season . Well done Poch and the squad . I applaud you all

Of course he does. But it's how far he can go that matters for the future. I know you think the same RD.

I don't think we will win anything with him in charge. I have made my opinion clear why. But he is a good manager and will keep us top 6 minimum whilst we go through a transitional period over the next few years.

Until ENIC sell up or at least go all out for a real proven winner we might as well stick with. Totally pointless sacking him and bringing in an Eddie Howe or Dyche.

Not at all. Doesn't alter the fact we have been crap for weeks. I'm not going to be two faced and pretend everything is rosy
We got lucky tonight. I will sleep very well tonight through relief. Poch has a lot to improve on, but at the moment I'm celebrating qualification.
Can you please explain to me exactly what it is you expect from every game . If it's true that you have been a supporter of best club in the world for fifty years , where have your expectations come from .
This is not a stupid juvenile argumentative question but a grown up adult to adult conversation piece that I hope you can respond to in the right way

That was fucking abysmal.

We won but it covers a lot of cracks

Thank fuck Chelsea bottled it

Why thank Huddersfield ? We took care of business ourselves . We had to win one and draw the other of 2 games.

Because seriously can not see this team in the form it's in beating Leicester city. Surprised you couldn't guess. Now we don't got to do shit:wahey::party:

I think I saw we had nearly 300 passes at an 84% success rate in the first half alone.

HAS to be a way to generate more scoring chances with that much of the ball.

Lineup was again lacking any creativity by the mgr. He appears to have little imagination. It was a poor lineup, and Sissoko & Snchz both nearly cost us.

Pretty lucky.

I don’t think any of us are unhappy at qualifying for CL next season, but anyone who is happy with that performance....we’ll i guess you can filter out anything if you want to.

It was a nervy performance and Newcastle quite impressed me particularly Shelvey.

Sissoko again did a job when asked. He is 3rd choice for that position and playing with a below par Wanyama compared to how he was. Our MF needed support . Poch singled Sissoko out for praise filling in for Dembele, Dier and Winks who were not available. Sissoko rated at 7.5 on one website which is higher than most and yet most on here when they saw he was picked were filled with dread. Poch had little choice but pick him and he performed.

Lamela showed 2 impressive pieces of control and created chances. Yet he is branded as clueless and useless on here.

I think there are, HK ... and I wouldn't put it past you to be one of them by the way you've embraced the naysayers here on the forum lol. This is top 4, it is not effin easy nor is it meant to be. 3 seasons in a row, and playing away at Wembley all year, with the new Stadium next season. This was essential. My hat is off to the players, manager and coaching staff ... that is an achievement for this club, no matter how we get there.

Why do people think that because a team draw a game , like the chavs tonight , that they have BOTTLED IT ? I just don't understand it . Do you think that EVERY Chelsea player bottled it at the same time or did some bottle it in the first half but then unbottled it in the second half . Or vice versa? What does a player or manager look like when they are bottling it ? Do they have a funny look on their face ? Do they stop trying and stroll around the pitch like that Ozil bloke ? Do they tell their mates on the pitch " I ain't going to try to win this game , I'm gonna bottle it . How about you ? Wanna join me in a bottle job ? "

Huddersfield were in an impossible situation at the foot of the league with the prospect of taking points off of Man City , Chelsea and the gooners in their last three games for avoiding relegation . Which they duly did . Why for heaven sake can't you people give them and their manager some credit for two fantastic performances , no matter how ugly it was to watch. Teams take points off us and we are tagged with being bottle merchants . It's pathetic . This is football in the real world where teams like Wigan can beat Man city
Bottle merchants my arse. Rant over :rant:

It was a nervy performance and Newcastle quite impressed me particularly Shelvey.

Sissoko again did a job when asked. He is 3rd choice for that position and playing with a below par Wanyama compared to how he was. Our MF needed support . Poch singled Sissoko out for praise filling in for Dembele, Dier and Winks who were not available. Sissoko rated at 7.5 on one website which is higher than most and yet most on here when they saw he was picked were filled with dread. Poch had little choice but pick him and he performed.

Lamela showed 2 impressive pieces of control and created chances. Yet he is branded as clueless and useless on here.

I never thought it was ideal but I did say both Sisoko and Kane should start. They were logical calls and I'm glad Poch saw it. Props to Jan for playing in pain but we did get lucky. BUT we do deserve to be where we are and I think the reality is over the season only city were clearly better than us it's just how to bridge that massive gap.

We're not far behind United - I'd say we were less consistent than Utd were (although they weren't that consistent either) - but I know who I'd rather have watched this season. Also think at our best we were better than them at their best... If we'd have had less injury woes we'd have been comfortably 2nd, but still a way off Man City.

I'm over the moon to be in the CL next season. We did enough to get over the line - got a victory against a bogey side, won despite not playing well, turned up the heat when we needed to and with some decent game management towards the end to ensure the victory - all things we've been criticised for not doing lately. I'd rather we smashed em but getting the job done is an important skill, and what United have done slightly better than us this season.

Really looking forward to saying goodbye to Wembley in style on Sunday - god knows what team we'll play, seem to be a fair few walking wounded.

Playing a 2nd DCM, whether it be Sissoko, Dier, Moose, or Victor, over an additional attacker like Lamela or Lucas or Son was today, and has been all season totally f^ckin stoopid.

I can maybe see doing it away vs a top6 level team, but against the rest it is totally absolutely handicapping our squad. Why we need SEVEN of our 11 players primarily defending make no sense whatsoever. Poch is crippling our attack and the lack of goals in what should be comparatively easy games is incontrovertable truth.

I'm glad we won today, and happy about all that comes with it.

However, we were lucky, We were not the best team all day today, not at the weekend, and that is troubling.

Having a Center Half as a manager, it makes sense that he is defensive minded, but if he can't get himself out of that headspace, and realize we are a flair attacking side with most of our best talent in the FRONT of our formation, well, we are in for some cringy times.

Why do people think that because a team draw a game , like the chavs tonight , that they have BOTTLED IT ? I just don't understand it . Do you think that EVERY Chelsea player bottled it at the same time or did some bottle it in the first half but then unbottled it in the second half . Or vice versa? What does a player or manager look like when they are bottling it ? Do they have a funny look on their face ? Do they stop trying and stroll around the pitch like that Ozil bloke ? Do they tell their mates on the pitch " I ain't going to try to win this game , I'm gonna bottle it . How about you ? Wanna join me in a bottle job ? "

Huddersfield were in an impossible situation at the foot of the league with the prospect of taking points off of Man City , Chelsea and the gooners in their last three games for avoiding relegation . Which they duly did . Why for heaven sake can't you people give them and their manager some credit for two fantastic performances , no matter how ugly it was to watch. Teams take points off us and we are tagged with being bottle merchants . It's pathetic . This is football in the real world where teams like Wigan can beat Man city
Bottle merchants my arse. Rant over :rant:

Outstanding! COYS!

Well was driving home from quick trip out of town and missed the match.

I will keep this simple...great work Spurs!

You had a job to do and you did it, it will not always be pretty...just get it done!

COYS!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe