Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United FC | Page 12 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United FC

All I know is we desperately need our John Terry, Kompany...and on and on etc

And I am absolutely convinced we do not yet have him in our ranks.

I do believe Winks was developing this way (i.e. a real tough mental attitude and one prepared to tell others on the pitch as it is) , but his set back is such that I have no idea now how he's going to come through it.

Can you be that kind of leader and fit into our harmonious culture? Probably. But that environment makes the right individual tougher to find. As tough as finding someone that works well with Levy.

Can you be that kind of leader and fit into our harmonious culture? Probably. But that environment makes the right individual tougher to find. As tough as finding someone that works well with Levy.

If we are ever to capitalise on our system of play and Poch's approach - we have to find that special someone, without it I think we'll always be lacking.

If we are ever to capitalise on our system of play and Poch's approach - we have to find that special someone, without it I think we'll always be lacking.

Luis Suarez, Deigo Godin, Sergio Ramos, Jerome Boateng. The kind of player your talking about is not that common at all anymore. Can anyone else think of a few in this style. You don't have to be a screamer to lead just very focused will to win.

How strong does your captain need to be when you have senior and responsible players.?

Eriksen, Vert, Toby, Kane, Hugo, Dier , Tripps, Davies , Wanyama are all pretty level headed and commited.

Alli, Aurier, Dembele, Lamela , Son, Rose, might need an arm round them to calm down a bit as it were or a bit of direction. Alli is improving his temper I think as he grows up.

To many weak wusses around these days. Grow a pair and stand up. I want a hard bastard as a captain. A player others fear.

I loved the Keane vs Viera battles. Real players, real captains.

You can be as positive as you like, lead the rah rah band if you want and I'll guarantee you this.

It won't make a blind bit of difference.

If the players and manager have still got their bottom lips stuck out in a right sulk, then we are finishing 5th, all your positivity means nothing to these bottling twats, the only positives these ***** understand is jumping ship to a bigger club and more money.

I wonder how much bonus the players got for achieving CL .

The way I see it, Sissoko is 5th choice centre mid behind Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and Winks. Where would I have Shelvey if he replaced Sissoko?......5th choice. That to me tells me it's completely the wrong signing. We need to be signing a top quality centre mid who is demoting the other 4 players.

Last night Shlevey hit the post and sprayed a few along passes. I was at Wembley last night and he barely did anything else. It was Diame and Ritchie that was holding their midfield together and putting in a huge shift for their team.

I would also give Lascelles huge kudos. He stood firm all night and was the best centre half on the pitch. No way he deserved to be on the losing side.

I disagree,
Shelvey is a better footballer than Dier, abler in possession, doesn't dwell on the ball unnecessarily, is more accurate in his distribution and less culpable to repeated errors. Winks until his injury would have run Shelvey close. Dembele can play, but he wants to travel too often with the ball when an accurate and longer-range pass would mix his game up, free up space for others & do the ball carrying work for him. Wanyama & Sissoko are totally different players to Shelvey and do not make for comparisons.

Last edited:
I disagree,
Shelvey is a better footballer than Dier, abler in possession, doesn't dwell on the ball unnecessarily, is more accurate in his distribution and less culpable to repeated errors. Winks until his injury would have run Shelvey close. Dembele can play, but he wants to travel too often with the ball when an accurate and longer-range pass would mix his game up, free up space for others & do the ball carrying work for him. Wanyama & Sissoko are totally different players to Shelvey and do not make for comparisons.

I very much doubt that Shelvey would do any better at Spurs than he did at Liverpool. He is certainly better offensively than Dier but he is still not better. You should watch the Shelvey who Rafa left out for parts of this season.That player appears as frequently as the decent one, he would lose us more games than even sloppy Eric Dier because Shelvey gives it away as much trying the ambitious. Worse he is very,very pisitionally undisciplined. He'd wreck the way we play in my oppinion and would not bring enough to make it worth while. I watched Madrid yesterday and my goodness Modric still take us up a level. It's clear we need to rethink midfield but we can not afford to get it wrong.

Why does he have to play, he brings little quality, can't finish, often gives the ball away and has near zero end product. What is the point of him? I would be inclined to give one of our youngsters a try, Georgiou, Bennetts or Shashoua.

He just spent 45 minutes proving YOU wrong.

I wonder how much bonus the players got for achieving CL .

Did you see that Boombangabang at the gooners gets a champions league bonus of £2.5 million even if they don't qualify for it . How the bleedin 'ell does that work . And a loyalty bonus before he has even been loyal . Some agent he has got