Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United FC | Page 10 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United FC

Well, 70 to a 100 million extra in the bank because of this year's qualification basically says :Fingers: to any doubters of the impact he has had on this club. And that's just this coming year. I can't wait to see this year's accounts when they are released.

We are going into our new home with Champions League football. If you can't celebrate that then you're not a Spurs supporter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
U wont want to see it. It may show Levy paying himself 15m salary.

I think there are, HK ... and I wouldn't put it past you to be one of them by the way you've embraced the naysayers here on the forum lol. This is top 4, it is not effin easy nor is it meant to be. 3 seasons in a row, and playing away at Wembley all year, with the new Stadium next season. This was essential. My hat is off to the players, manager and coaching staff ... that is an achievement for this club, no matter how we get there.

SE, I try to avoid labelling of posters, although I admit I have used terms like Happy Clappers in the past. From my perspective there are at least two different situations that I comment on. One is the here and now matchday performance and the other is longer term Club prospects.

As for the matchday performance it is what it is but any criticism is viewed as unacceptable by those who constantly refer to how far we have progressed over n years. Overall progress and matchday performances are two different things. As regards the future direction everyone has a view but each is just speculation and leads to interesting debate.

I think everyone on here is a Spurs fan and wants the best for the club. Naysayers, Happy Clappers even Flat Earthers we are not, just supporters and fans.

Job done...but how poor were we on the night..still I will be off to Wembley for the final match v leicester with a big smile on me face and zero worries...just enjoy the day and hope we go out with a nice performance now the pressure is off.

I just watched back te “highlights” if Newcastle had a striker we would have been toast. - a bit like the Watford game actually.

I think Sanchez has done well this season, however he is currently not fit to lace Toby’s boots and there are people that think he’s ready.

Sissoko and Wanyama is the most negative, anti football CM pairing I’ve seen us play, and Newcastle still cut through them at will, please just sell Sissoko in the summer.

Son was woeful as well.

I just watched back te “highlights” if Newcastle had a striker we would have been toast. - a bit like the Watford game actually.

I think Sanchez has done well this season, however he is currently not fit to lace Toby’s boots and there are people that think he’s ready.

Sissoko and Wanyama is the most negative, anti football CM pairing I’ve seen us play, and Newcastle still cut through them at will, please just sell Sissoko in the summer.

Son was woeful as well.

Sanchez is a talent but is still very young. He needs a leader next to him that's for sure.

Toby did well at the weekend, made loads of blocks and headers but was dropped again. It's clear he is gone. He has had the Walker treatment. We must sign a CB to replace him. I keep seeing people saying we don't need to sign anyone. They really don't have a clue.

Sissoko actually did okay but he is nowhere near the level required. Wana is broken and for whatever reason can't get up to speed. I still think he is carrying injuries. He is a massive concern for me. With Dembele coming towards the end and Wana stuck in first gear we really do need to invest in this area in the summer.

Son is Son, hot or cold. Same problems in the attacking areas of the pitch for the last 3 seasons. We rely on Kane, Alli and Eriksen far too much. When they are off form or injured we just don't have the quality to step in. Another area we have to up grade. It's become very stagnated there. Very boring and predictable.

Phew! What a party after.

Clearly and obviusly not at our best, before the goal we looked tentative and nervous - expectations must have been weighing like lead sacks on their backs.

But, for the first time in our history we've done it three years in a row and for the FIRST time will end up as the TOP London club; that's some feat - especially when you realise that we did from Wembley.

Crowd wasn't great last night; we are too dispersed too hard to really keep up a supportive noise when it matters, will be hugely relieved to get into the new stadium next season.

Head is pounding, but very very happy.

Sanchez is a talent but is still very young. He needs a leader next to him that's for sure.

Toby did well at the weekend, made loads of blocks and headers but was dropped again. It's clear he is gone. He has had the Walker treatment. We must sign a CB to replace him. I keep seeing people saying we don't need to sign anyone. They really don't have a clue.

Sissoko actually did okay but he is nowhere near the level required. Wana is broken and for whatever reason can't get up to speed. I still think he is carrying injuries. He is a massive concern for me. With Dembele coming towards the end and Wana stuck in first gear we really do need to invest in this area in the summer.

Son is Son, hot or cold. Same problems in the attacking areas of the pitch for the last 3 seasons. We rely on Kane, Alli and Eriksen far too much. When they are off form or injured we just don't have the quality to step in. Another area we have to up grade. It's become very stagnated there. Very boring and predictable.

FWIW, interest in Toby and Rose has apparently cooled....because their injuries may well end up giving them career problems now.

FWIW, interest in Toby and Rose has apparently cooled....because their injuries may well end up giving them career problems now.

I'm not surprised with Rose as he gets injured every ten minutes. The last few games Toby has played for us he has looked pretty good. That's without the games to get fully fit and match sharp.

He is still hands down our best CB. So if he stays good.

The one player we have that could change it up is Lucas and he’s not been seen of much.

He’s been here 3 months and started 1 league game.

Why is that?

Saturday is pretty meaningless now - will he finally get another PL start?

What’s this about?

Attachments

• 00CCA15D-E396-4D1E-BD3B-BDA905D966AB.png
    00CCA15D-E396-4D1E-BD3B-BDA905D966AB.png
    922.7 KB · Views: 10
He isn't happy is he?

I don't read it like that at all!! Watch his body language it is classic signs of stress, not unhappiness.

He looks tired, he painfully has to answer the same questions again and again, interview after interview;

His basic mantra:

Progress is incremental, step by step - you can't suddenly create a 'winning' mentality when the clubs recent history is of NOT having one.

He continues to build the club/team, but is clearly VERY conscious that our collective mentality is still lacking - to which I wholeheartedly agree.

Sulking?

far from it - he is tired, no question - but neither his words nor his body language point to sulking.

He has probably just been through one of the most stressful games in his life; f*ck knows what my blood pressure was watching the game, let alone his!!

He’s still coming across like he’s sulking

He may not have looked happy but what he said was important. Praise and pride for everyone. Celebrating our achievements despite adversity. The steady building of our status in London and closing the gap on our rivals.

He singled out Wanyama and Sissoko because ideally he wouldn't have picked them, but they did their best and worked hard in the process. His point was the squad is important and part of the success.

He may not have looked happy but what he said was important. Praise and pride for everyone. Celebrating our achievements despite adversity. The steady building of our status in London and closing the gap on our rivals.

He singled out Wanyama and Sissoko because ideally he wouldn't have picked them, but they did their best and worked hard in the process. His point was the squad is important and part of the success.

Seriiously Nick, I studied body language for four years; all he displayed is the classic stress signals and that should never be mistaken for unhappiness.

watch his head alignment, his eyes, his constant fiddling; all speak to his tiredness/stress levels - mine after the game were off the richter scale, so his hormone levels must have been pumping like a nutcase on crack!

Seriiously Nick, I studied body language for four years; all he displayed is the classic stress signals and that should never be mistaken for unhappiness.

watch his head alignment, his eyes, his constant fiddling; all speak to his tiredness/stress levels - mine after the game were off the richter scale, so his hormone levels must have been pumping like a nutcase on crack!

Fair enough :)

One game to go then if he head off and recharge for a couple of weeks.

Lets face facts...our form this season has been from high to low and nowhere consistent enough to hope to win this league...we had the highs of the Real Madrid Games, Pud at home and Chelski away but there were too many poor performances against in the main 'park the bus team' . Poch has not learned how to pick players or apply tactics or buy players who can unpick the lock...a Hazaard type a Silva type a Saha type...only Ericksen has that ability for us but he needs help....we have niot had a class player of this ilk since Modric left. l I think we need 5 new players with a different attitude in play. When we are at high tempo we can beat anyone, but we do not see that often enough to frighten teams. We must have top draw players who build fear into the opposition if we are to scale the heights and win trophies (are you listening Levy?). Our players in the main have been coached into possession play backwards sideways etc and this is killing our flair ....change it please! We will have CL we will have a new stadium ....we need 2/3 class players...surely we are much more attractive with cl and stadium to look forward to....go get them! (and pay the dosh)...We just scraped over the line this year....I grew up with Spurs winning trophies regularly , I want more before I pop me clogs!

Lets face facts...our form this season has been from high to low and nowhere consistent enough to hope to win this league...we had the highs of the Real Madrid Games, Pud at home and Chelski away but there were too many poor performances against in the main 'park the bus team' . Poch has not learned how to pick players or apply tactics or buy players who can unpick the lock...a Hazaard type a Silva type a Saha type...only Ericksen has that ability for us but he needs help....we have niot had a class player of this ilk since Modric left. l I think we need 5 new players with a different attitude in play. When we are at high tempo we can beat anyone, but we do not see that often enough to frighten teams. We must have top draw players who build fear into the opposition if we are to scale the heights and win trophies (are you listening Levy?). Our players in the main have been coached into possession play backwards sideways etc and this is killing our flair ....change it please! We will have CL we will have a new stadium ....we need 2/3 class players...surely we are much more attractive with cl and stadium to look forward to....go get them! (and pay the dosh)...We just scraped over the line this year....I grew up with Spurs winning trophies regularly , I want more before I pop me clogs!

The telling point in your mini rant is that you point to having the ability to attract CL quality players...

3 seasons in a row, new stadium, higher wage ceiling overall - all these factors put us miles ahead of where we were 3/4 years ago.

We are bridging the gap for being a club that top/better players may now consider joining....

That's a huge, massive leap forward in where we were.

Would be all over Shelvey as a replacement for Sissoko.... perfect plan A or B