Match Thread: Forest Vs Bristol City, Sponsored by Chris Cohen | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Bristol City, Sponsored by Chris Cohen

What do you want? Davies back?

He was brilliant in 2008-11, best years of the century. But that was then. He isn't fit mentally to be in football management any more

I’d sooner have KING BILL than clueless Krankz. You want to know about mentally fit didn’t Krankz quit boro only to come back a couple of days later.

I’d sooner have KING BILL than clueless Krankz. You want to know about mentally fit didn’t Krankz quit boro only to come back a couple of days later.

No he didn't.

But that's not the point.

There isn't an option to replace any manager with Davies

Oh so Krankz didn’t quit Boro then come back? That perfectly sane & exactly what we should be looking for in a manager, never mind his teams consistent inability to do anything other than bore everyone to tears.

If he was half as good a manager as some suggested he’d be nowhere near us...

Oh so Krankz didn’t quit Boro then come back? That perfectly sane & exactly what we should be looking for in a manager, never mind his teams consistent inability to do anything other than bore everyone to tears.

If he was half as good a manager as some suggested he’d be nowhere near us...

He isn't boring me to tears, although your attention seeking posts are

I think you are being very selective with our position pre Karanka. Under Warburton, we did start very well, but towards the end of his tenure, he seemed to have lost the dressing room. Losing to Sunderland at home and Sheffield Wednesday being the lowlights. There was always the feeling that if we conceded then we would lose the game. It looked like the players were being asked to play a style of football that they were uncomfortable with. My personal opinion is that if we continued the way we were pre- Christmas then we would be facing the prospect of league 1 football.

Sorry Forestfire, I was talking facts. We have been worse second half of the season. That is a fact, not an opinion. Check the stats.
However, that is behind us and I went on to express my confidence in AK sorting this out over the summer.

He isn't boring me to tears, although your attention seeking posts are

Place me firmly on ignore then or just stop your pointless arguing. For those reading the pompous pontiff is a fan of dour Doug... say no more.

You never answered about Krankz leaving Boro though did you, DID YOU, Thought not....

Points wise there is virtually no difference between the Warburton and Karanka eras. In his last 19 league games, Warbz managed 22 points whereas Karanka has achieved 21 points in his 19 games.

But based on the last two games, in which we have played very well, if we can add a cutting edge to this team we are in business next season. We will have to give AK a season I think. We should judge him then.
Which is what I went on to say!!!!

So he's doing what he is supposed to do.

Everyone who is going to matches is saying that we are playing good football, at least in the last 3-4.

So your problem is......?

The last 3-4??? Seriously? We were excellent in midweek and good first half on Saturday. That's it in the last 3-4 games.

Unless I’ve missed something we’ve had a lot more than 2 managers, we’re averaging at least two a season at the moment.
Not sure what that has got to do with AK...?

Billy mark 1 was great apart from bottling up the playoffs but since then every manager including Billy mark 2 has been a disappointment at best.

AK comes with success on his cv at this level. I accept he also has a reputation for four football but this is at one club and we don’t know what he has learned.

I for one will give him a chance. I certainly won’t pine for a bloke who hasn’t had a job because he is toxic.

The last 3-4??? Seriously? We were excellent in midweek and good first half on Saturday. That's it in the last 3-4 games.
We were the better team away at Cardiff and certainly weren't worse than Ipswich.

We were excellent for the whole game on Saturday, don't try to make out it was a half. They never got a shot on target but we just couldn't find the net

Quite emotional Chris Cohen retiring today. Not just because of what a great pro he was, but because he represents the very last of a fairly successful few years of promotion and play offs that seem like such a way away. There's always something quite comforting when everything was going to shit and the player turn over was so high, knowing there's somebody who really cares and has been there 11 years, still there as captain.

I believe once Hobbs and Vaughan are released in the summer, that will make Danny Fox our longest serving player. Crazy given how poor his forest career has been on the whole, and yet fitting should he continue to display the dominant performances he has done in the last few months.

Overall, we played well today. I think the midfield were about 5/10 yards further forward then they have been in some shoddy performances and we actually attacked and with some intensity and purpose. You felt we weren't just looking for the 5 yard simple pass with no purpose - players were constantly looking for the pass that would unlock Bristol city, same as they did with Barnsley in the 1st half.

It's so much more enjoyable to watch. I thought the neat football to get out of tricky situations was outstanding and if we play like that next season on the whole, then count me in!

Eric Lichaj would have to go for Fox to become the longest serving player.

Fox made his League debut on 2nd February 2014, Eric made his on 3rd August 2013